Alcohol On Trains....

Your point is lame and bogus.

You don't like people to talk on cell phones on trains, so you want an unenforceable ban on "noise." This doesn't surprise me coming from a starry eyed, fake liberal. In NYC there was a big push to ban bells on ice cream trucks. Apparently, the noise disturbed the liberal yuppies. The kids liked it, but so what, right?

I must admit that your side seems to be winning now, whereas rights are being taken away right and left. When this comes back to bite you in the ass, perhaps you will remember the weak kneed, wishy-washy stance you took on the issue of rights for Americans that don't exactly fly with the latest yuppie trends.

Sad indeed.

867013[/snapback]

My point was that using a cellphone ban on a train to extrapolate a slippery slope towards the government silencing it's citizens is just as absurd as your hyperventillating over an alcohol ban on the same train and saying the next step is to ban tailgating.

No one is taking your rights away, Bill. You can still tailgate. You can still eat your freedom fries. You can still buy cigarettes.

Fake liberal. I don't think I've ever been called that before.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was that using a cellphone ban on a train to extrapolate a slippery slope towards the government silencing it's citizens is just as absurd as your hyperventillating over an alcohol ban on the same train and saying the next step is to ban tailgating. 

No one is taking your rights away, Bill.  You can still tailgate.  You can still eat your freedom fries.  You can still buy cigarettes.

Fake liberal.  I don't think I've ever been called that before.

867040[/snapback]

Hate to burst your bubble, but they have already started to ban tailgating by limiting it to specific hours. And in some towns, there are motions to make cigarettes completely illegal. Anywhere.

The "slippery slope" of erosion of rights, no matter how trivial that first step down the slope, is very well documented.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they have already started to ban tailgating by limiting it to specific hours. And in some towns, there are motions to make cigarettes completely illegal. Anywhere. 

The "slippery slope" of erosion of rights, no matter how trivial that first step down the slope, is very well documented.

867058[/snapback]

Just exactly how long is an acceptable period for tailgating? In Foxboro, you can show up as soon as the lots open, and party until several hours after the game. When I was at the Ralph for the GB game, people were still partying several hours after the game. Should they be able to tailgate from Friday to Monday? Or should they be allowed to tailgate whenever they want?

Just exactly how long is an acceptable period for tailgating?  In Foxboro, you can show up as soon as the lots open, and party until several hours after the game.  When I was at the Ralph for the GB game, people were still partying several hours after the game.  Should they be able to tailgate from Friday to Monday?  Or should they be allowed to tailgate whenever they want?

867081[/snapback]

Instead of whining and asking abstract questions, why don't tell us how you in fact feel?

Should it be up to:

1) The right wing yahoos?

2) Your crowd, the dictatorial, fake liberals?

3) The property owners?

Which one?

We don't call the last train out of GCT (1:40am) the 'puke train' for nothing. :oops:

867031[/snapback]

;)

I remember riding a few late trains in Europe. Its especially funny hearing someone speak a different language right before they hurl.

Je ne me sens pas à bon, je pense que je vais jeter vers le haut. UN DIEU DE L'OH, !!!!! D'UN DIEU DE L'OH!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

;);)

No one is taking your rights away, Bill.  You can still tailgate.  You can still eat your freedom fries.  You can still buy cigarettes.

Fake liberal.  I don't think I've ever been called that before.

867040[/snapback]

It is hard for me to believe that you are this stupid. I have read your posts, and you do in fact seem like a smart kid, however idealistic (if sadly brainwashed).

As far as "my rights" are concerned, I do not eat french fries. If I have an order of fries within the next 10 years, that would be news. I dislike them.

Smokers rights? I never made a case for that, whereas I don't believe that I have a right to smoke. If I couldn't afford cigarettes, it is not the place of the government to provide them for me. I think that this is an issue of the right of property owners to allow (or not to allow) the consumption of a legal substance on their premises. Is this concept foreign to you (and your role models such as Nancy Pelosi)?

Tailgates will be banned at some point. Charcoal fumes are more harmful than those of tobacco. Not only that, militant vegetarians must smell burning flesh, and this offends them. Alcohol can hurt people, and this offends both the religious right and your phony,corrupt icons.

Don't worry! Continue to be a PC lemming. It will all be OK.

Instead of whining and asking abstract questions, why don't tell us how you in fact feel?

Should it be up to:

1) The right wing yahoos?

2) Your crowd, the dictatorial, fake liberals?

3) The property owners?

Which one?

867111[/snapback]

Feel about what?

Drinking on the commuter rail?

- I don't care either way, but the ban certainly will not be a slippery slope towards banning tailgating

Tailgating?

- I'm all for it

When should tailgating start or end?

- When the lot opens and when the lot closes

Is this "fake liberal" thing a new type of insult? It's falling pretty short, Bill. There's not a person on this board that would consider me anything but a liberal.

Feel about what? 

Drinking on the commuter rail?

- I don't care either way, but the ban certainly will not be a slippery slope towards banning tailgating

Tailgating?

- I'm all for it

When should tailgating start or end?

- When the lot opens and when the lot closes

Is this "fake liberal" thing a new type of insult?  It's falling pretty short, Bill.  There's not a person on this board that would consider me anything but a liberal.

867134[/snapback]

No...but I'm going to call you a "fake liberal" from now on. Just for laughs... :oops:

Don't know much about the NY metro area trains but the only time I took an Amtrak was a couple years ago from Buffalo to Penn Station to protest the '04 Republican convention and I couldn't have survived it without the Jack Daniels they sold on board. What was supposed to be a seven and a half hour trip took close to 12 hours.

866635[/snapback]

Dude. I had no idea you were there.

I was there too. I have to say I was a bit disappointed because NYC and the Republicans were ready for us.

In March I'm getting a gang together to protest another another convention. This time, I think we'll turn the place on its head because they think we only go after the big venues. Come along and bring your Jack Daniels. It'll rock.

Convention protest

I am just waiting for some drunk to fall off a boat and drown while consuming the said beverage while in the lock chamber (federal property)... Ya, maybe different than the trains... Yet, there is liability?

Not to get off track... I remember a pleasure boat that wouldn't move, signal, or anything as a 780'x70' towboat pushing 9,000 ton of commodity was bearing down on his arse... I sped down to him on the lower guidewall to assist or clear them off the vessel... He was holding a beer bottle... He yelled at me: "What do you want me to do?"... I just fired back: "First thing sir, PUT DOWN THE EFFING BEER!"

Back to the subject:

While I didn't read the article... Consuming alcohol on a commuter train seems absurd... This would be the open container type law right?... Can I consume a brew legally while being a passenger in a automobile?

Do they sell the booze on the train? Which would seem doubly absurd for a commuter train...

Now... Amtrak and the lounge car seems okay.

This doesn't mean you can't pack the booze in your bag or anything or carry it bagged up and sealed...

Wow... How bizarre that they would actually let you consume it on a commuter train...

Again, isn't there open container laws that have been on the books for decades?

Hey Bill... I want the "right" to walk around the concourse of the airport with my six pack and open can, slurping away to my heart's contentment!

:lol::lol:;)

Hey, I want that "right" to have that same beer cracked open, waiting for my cab ride on the corner of Jackson and Michigan in Chicago...

Can I slurp it in the cab too?

:oops:

:D

I remember riding a few late trains in Europe. Its especially funny hearing someone speak a different language right before they hurl.

Je ne me sens pas à bon, je pense que je vais jeter vers le haut. UN DIEU DE L'OH, !!!!! D'UN DIEU DE L'OH!!!!!!! :ph34r:  B-)

:lol:  :lol:

867115[/snapback]

is it supposed to be some french? Please Erynthered, don't use those stupid automatic translation internet sites, for any people speaking real french your post is ridiculous!

Hey Bill... I want the "right" to walk around the concourse of the airport with my six pack and open can, slurping away to my heart's contentment!

B-)  :D  :lol:

Hey, I want that "right" to have that same beer cracked open, waiting for my cab ride on the corner of Jackson and Michigan in Chicago...

Can I slurp it in the cab too?

:ph34r:

867438[/snapback]

reading your 2 posts "Exiled" i was thinking "i had totally forgotten how crazy the laws about alchool consumption are in the US" ...

well i'm pretty sure 90% of cab drivers in Europe will let you drink whatever you want and what they gonna sell at the bars in the TGV trains if they stop selling beer and wine?!!

Now that I think about it, I am sure that I can't even crack a bag of Cheetos on the Metra Electric into Chicago... Heck they even yell at you for putting your feet on "the fine furniture."

Again... That they (NYC area) even allowed people to buy/consume alcohol on the train for decades is absurd!

What happens with the Park-n-Ride people? They gotta get in a car and drive home...

MetraRail

Now I don't see alcohol on here Bill... Maybe it is legal? But SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED! OMG! :ph34r::D:lol:B-)

A few considerations to make everyone's Metra experience more pleasant:

Smoking is not permitted on Metra trains nor on downtown terminal platforms in the city of Chicago.

No seats are reserved. Please do not inconvenience other customers by holding seats or blocking seats with parcels or wraps.

Please refrain from placing feet on seats or upper deck railings.

Please don't block the doors, making it difficult for passengers to detrain or entrain at their stations.

Please be considerate of others and keep volume on head sets low.

Please also be considerate of others while using cell phones.

Help us maintain a clean environment by not leaving litter on trains, in stations, or in stairwells and walkways.

Passengers whose conduct is disorderly or unsafe will not be allowed on the train.

Obscene language, or that which is disturbing to other passengers is prohibited.

reading your 2 posts "Exiled" i was thinking "i had totally forgotten how crazy the laws about alchool consumption are in the US" ...

well i'm pretty sure 90% of cab drivers in Europe will let you drink whatever you want and what they gonna sell at the bars in the TGV trains if they stop selling beer and wine?!!

867502[/snapback]

Americans can't handle that freedom and responsibilty... Really... I am not trying to be some StalinInIllinois... :ph34r:B-)... We have too many hangups Olivier and somebody is always doing something stupid or getting into your face... I can just imagine the fiascos that would happen with the reduction of these restrictions...

Now... I am not calling a lot of you out... Probably everybody here could handle it... It is just the strokes out there that wreck it for everyone...

And I do admit, limiting the lawyers chasing after the cases where personal responsibilty plays a total part is a start...

I think they even crack down on open containers in NOLA (New Orleans) now???... It has always been on the books though???

Americans can't handle that freedom and responsibilty...  Really... I am not trying to be some StalinInIllinois... :ph34r:  B-)... We have too many hangups Olivier and somebody is always doing something stupid or getting into your face... I can just imagine the fiascos that would happen with the reduction of these restrictions...

867510[/snapback]

Unbelievable. :D

is it supposed to be some french? Please Erynthered, don't use those stupid automatic translation internet sites, for any people speaking real french your post is ridiculous!

867498[/snapback]

Its suppose to be !@#$ up French. You missed the contex of the post, idiot B-):ph34r: