Velvet Underground rarity sells on eBay

rockpile

Turning 75 cents into a small fortune.

Velvet Undergound LP

864400[/snapback]

Amazing! Digging/flipping through stacks of vinyl at garage sales and flea markets is not only aesthetically pleasing as an excersize, you often find something spectacular. Not every bin, box or bundle will contain a rare find like the Velvet's acetate described here, but you almost always walk away with something worth playing, if only once. You'll never get that satisfaction from a compact disk.

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear the versions on that platter.

Amazing!  Digging/flipping through stacks of vinyl at garage sales and flea markets is not only aesthetically pleasing as an excersize, you often find something spectacular.  Not every bin, box or bundle will contain a rare find like the Velvet's acetate described here, but you almost always walk away with something worth playing, if only once.  You'll never get that satisfaction from a compact disk.

864420[/snapback]

My wife has a bunch of 45s from Europe from the '60's. I've been trying to get her to take them to a dealer. There has to be something of worth in there.

My wife has a bunch of 45s from Europe from the '60's.  I've been trying to get her to take them to a dealer.  There has to be something of worth in there.

864729[/snapback]

Be careful, most dealers will "low ball" you if you are looking to sell. I am not criticizing them, they have overhead too.

It might be better to have them independently appraised if you think you really might have something, or "google" some of them. Do they have picture sleeves too - that can make a big difference.

Do not use eBay as a barometer of value unless you plan on selling them there. Usually, unless what you have is REALLY REALLY RARE you will be lucky to get 50 cents on the book value.

Also, pay strict attention to grade, many times people only see the "mint" price, when what they have is fine to poor grade.

my two cents :w00t:

I have a ton of 45's and LP's from the 60's . I should have them apprasied. A few Velvet Undergrounds as well.

865420[/snapback]

Go to your local library first and get a current guide to grading and pricing vinyl. Could save you a lot of time. :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...
Amazing! Digging/flipping through stacks of vinyl at garage sales and flea markets is not only aesthetically pleasing as an excersize, you often find something spectacular. Not every bin, box or bundle will contain a rare find like the Velvet's acetate described here, but you almost always walk away with something worth playing, if only once. You'll never get that satisfaction from a compact disk.

Why don't you post the link for the nice people? :rolleyes: