YOOOOOO

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he gets those first downs  :(

861555[/snapback]

YAY 3rd and 14.....need about 8 yards for atleast a FG chance before half...

He runs for a whole yard....

YAY!!!!

play before he takes a sack trying to make a move to get out of the pocket to run....

YES this guy is showing it alll...

I see the greatness now

3rd and anything....he will run 4 out of every 6 times.....

He did it last week and he is doing it this week....

Rico why do you think this guy is so good again???

861552[/snapback]

Come on back to your thread brother...the Titans are 6-7 and this is the third time in 4 weeks that Vince Young has led the Titans from behind for a win...I mean since he has taken over at QB they are 6-3...that is probably why everyone is glowing over him...I cant wait to see what you have to say after the end of todays game.

Did you watch the game......minus his runs....he shows nothing that says....yes he is def going to be a great QB......

He has awful accuracy, a terrible deep ball, and looks to run every 3rd down situation....teams will take that away soon enough....and this man will not beat you with his arm...it just wont happen.....

I thought for sure you would've deleted this thread by the time I got back from the sports bar 0:) ... would've been the smartest move. :angry:

862124[/snapback]

Why cause Tenn beat the Texans??

I'm sorry watch the game next time....minus his runs he is terrible.....

Henry/Brown won this game with there great running the 2nd to last drive(the drive they went ahead 20-17).....Then Young used his legs to defeat them in OT....

Teams will shut his run game down and this man will not beat you with his arm....

3rd and anything....he will run 4 out of every 6 times.....

He did it last week and he is doing it this week....

Rico why do you think this guy is so good again???

861552[/snapback]

the easy defense against young is to first confuse him, he will make bad decisions. I would also have a QB spy in place (maybe Ellison for his speed) or blitz a nickel back on every 3rd down while dropping an extra Lb into coverage.

He's certainly not invincible if you break down his tendencies.

Looking at all the variables I wouldn't want Young, or see it being worth drafting a QB like Young.

Young and Vick don't have to overcome the learning obstacles young QB's endure when they run. They didn't need to overcome those obstacles in college, and they didn't need to overcome those obstacles in High School. The point is these players, and their former coaches have harnessed this QB style since day one and why not? It gave them and their teams the biggest advantage possible. There legs could stretch a defense more consistently then a passers arm could.

The problem is in the NFL no QB's legs will ever stretch a defense more consistently then their arms will. After 1 year every defensive coordinator in football will have enough tape on these guys to take away what they do best. Since they’re both such phenomenal athletes it won't work every time, but it will work enough to guarantee inconsistent play. That is unless they learn to read defenses, and throw the football.

Vick has been asked to do this, and he's struggling. Young appears even more gifted to me, but I don't know how any of that will change his career path in comparisons to Vicks. He will still need to develop as a passer, and that will be very difficult for him to do after never being that type of player.

Why cause Tenn beat the Texans??

Henry/Brown won this game with there great running the 2nd to last drive(the drive they went ahead 20-17).....Then Young used his legs to defeat them in OT....

Teams will shut his run game down and this man will not beat you with his arm....

862141[/snapback]

Ok well you cant just minus his runs :angry:

He is literally winning every game by himself.

You really have no argument so please just stop.

I watched all of his very first start against Dallas (don't ask why I was watching Tenn/Dall) and I have watched him several times since then.

Like all green QB's he tends towards happy feet and makes some mental mistakes reading coverages. But imo he's looked well ahead of the curve the times I've seen him play, and I'm not just talking about his feet.

They put some tools around this kid and I think he's going to be just fine.