Speaking of Hangovers...

inkman

Not once did I feel hungover. This hasn't happened to me since I was a teen. Can anyone explain how this might have happened? I was eating a lot of fatty foods while drinking but that was the only difference. I drank everything from Sam Adams to Pinot Noir to Pomegranite Martinis and felt almost great every morning. For the life of me I can't figure it out. :D

How did you feel the next evening when you finally began to sober up?

856682[/snapback]

That would have only been the case Saturday morning, but I felt great.

Friday night: 7-8 drinks

Saturday night: 8-10 drinks

Sunday afternoon: 7-8 drinks

Never felt bad. :D

That would have only been the case Saturday morning, but I felt great. 

Friday night:  7-8 drinks

Saturday night: 8-10 drinks

Sunday afternoon: 7-8 drinks

Never felt bad.  :D

856695[/snapback]

It's the new tattoo. It is giving you super liver powers.

Not once did I feel hungover.  This hasn't happened to me since I was a teen.  Can anyone explain how this might have happened?  I was eating a lot of fatty foods while drinking but that was the only difference.  I drank everything from Sam Adams to Pinot Noir to Pomegranite Martinis and felt almost great every morning.  For the life of me I can't figure it out.  :doh:

856569[/snapback]

You didn't drink extra water.....or perhaps less salt in the foods you might normally eat while drinking? Hangovers are typically due to the dehydration effects caused by the consumption of alcohol.....at least so I'm told. Therefore a large glass(or 4) of water before you go to sleep often staves off the hangover.

You didn't drink extra water.....or perhaps less salt in the foods you might normally eat while drinking?  Hangovers are typically due to the dehydration effects caused by the consumption of alcohol.....at least so I'm told.  Therefore a large glass(or 4) of water before you go to sleep often staves off the hangover.

858413[/snapback]

Personally, I find that gatorade does wonders for preventing hangovers. Much better then water.

Personally, I find that gatorade does wonders for preventing hangovers.  Much better then water.

858415[/snapback]

You just gave me mental images of 'The Waterboy'.....

Henry Winkler..."Water Sux. It really, really Sux." :doh:

You didn't drink extra water.....or perhaps less salt in the foods you might normally eat while drinking?  Hangovers are typically due to the dehydration effects caused by the consumption of alcohol.....at least so I'm told.  Therefore a large glass(or 4) of water before you go to sleep often staves off the hangover.

858413[/snapback]

Of course if you're sober enough to remember to drink water before you passout, er, fall asleep; then you probably wouldn't have had the hangover anyway. :doh:

Of course if you're sober enough to remember to drink water before you passout, er, fall asleep; then you probably wouldn't have had the hangover anyway.  :doh:

858512[/snapback]

No doubt. That was the best trick ever. Usually when you pass out after drinking, you wake up at some point in the night. Just drag yourself to the bathroom real quick, drink a few glasses of water and pop a few tylenol and go back to sleep.

Does wonders when you wake up several hours later...