Bush Worst president ever?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not one terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11.

It's not for lack of trying on the terrorists' part.

That's the most important job of the government, to protect its citizens.

RTB

857151[/snapback]

Not one? What were the Anthrax attacks of Sep. 18th 2001?

You think your not free if someone is watching you? Do you feel "not free" when you walk into a store that has cameras?

856952[/snapback]

YOU'RE. A contraction of "You" and "are" YOU'RE=You are.

These mean the same thing:

1) You are not free.

2) You're not free.

"Your not free" means nothing.

As for your question, I do feel less free. Our country survived without surveillance and data mining, etc. But I also feel less free when my name and information and buying preferences can be sold to anyone, and that is more often what this kind of information is used for. I think we are, on the whole, less free than when this nation was founded because there is much more money in allowing corporations to be free to use people and their information.

Before anyone goes taking this as a "corporations bad!" post, I don't see it that way 100%. I've entered into most of these contracts to curtail my freedom either knowingly or without reading all the fine print, as it were. I do this because I value the goods and services I'm purchasing enough. But I will say that it's been made much easier for one to lose the freedom to isolate oneself from this system.

YOU'RE.  A contraction of "You" and "are"  YOU'RE=You are.

These mean the same thing:

1) You are not free.

2) You're not free.

"Your not free" means nothing.

As for your question, I do feel less free.  Our country survived without surveillance and data mining, etc.  But I also feel less free when my name and information and buying preferences can be sold to anyone, and that is more often what this kind of information is used for.  I think we are, on the whole, less free than when this nation was founded because there is much more money in allowing corporations to be free to use people and their information.

Before anyone goes taking this as a "corporations bad!" post, I don't see it that way 100%.  I've entered into most of these contracts to curtail my freedom either knowingly or without reading all the fine print, as it were.  I do this because I value the goods and services I'm purchasing enough.  But I will say that it's been made much easier for one to lose the freedom to isolate oneself from this system.

857222[/snapback]

You're McBride aren't you! Ha I knew it! Whatz up you honky putz! I was almost ready to take a trip down to park slope and put my foot in your ass until I recognized the writing style.

Pat Buchananan aside, here. Can anyone make a list of Bush's accomplishments? What has the guy done that was positive?

856588[/snapback]

The list of negatives far exceeds the positives, but if you want a positive, how about Space Exploration

Renewed Lunar missions planned for 2015-2020, planning a manned mission to Mars, and NASA planning a mmanned Lunar colony around 2024

Actually it's pretty timely.  I might even agree with some of your politics but your methods are ridiculous and aren't really serving to create a good argument or discussion.

857223[/snapback]

Don't tell me....you're going to take your ball and go home.

Yer too much McBride! I love the fake cover on the profile! Freakin' classic!

When you want to RuntheBall you sound like a conservative.  Then your mood swings and you want to RuntheDamnBall and you sound liberal.  Make up your mind.

857178[/snapback]

Heh.

I respect my "damn" namesake's offensive (heh) philosophy, although we are two different people.

I think I'm fiscally very conservative, conservative when it comes to scope and size of government, but liberal when it comes to social issues.

Someone asked for a positive of GWB's presidency. The fact that we haven't been attacked on our soil since 9/11 is not mutually exclusive of talking about the potential for future attacks.

I'm very cynical of both parties and politicians in general. I really can't stand constant complaining without any alternative policies for addressing issues in the country, and that's all that seems to have come from the Democratic side lately.

RTB

Don't act all innocent McBride. You can drop the cover now. It's safe.

Makin' yerself out to be 27! Absolutely classic!

And where did you get that ridiculous picture?!? Another classic!

857241[/snapback]

Well, I've got nothing but respect for the classics. You've got me pegged. :wacko::doh::blink:

Worst President ever- Jimmy Carter.

Double digit inflation,  sold the Shah down the river, paving the way for the islamofascists. Kissing up to Arafat.

Also worst ex-president.

857175[/snapback]

You should try ands read some history sometime dude. Carter inherited the economic problems and set about fixing them. He took Paul Volker on at the Federal Reserve and they pushed the high interest rates to get rid of inflation. Worked so well Reagan kept him on and that led to the steady 1980's economy. Carter also did a lot to reduce our usage of energy which helped quite a bit. He al;so got Israel and Egypt to make nice, an accomplishment that was no small feat. The Shah of Iran was a real POS and deserved to be sold down the river. Ike never should have allowed him to be put in power. Ike was a good prez, though, IMO.

Not saying Carter was a great President--he wasn't--but he was a lot better than your brain washed opinion and your totally ignorant post suggests.

And Gore and Kerry would have been far and away better president than this idiot Bush. THey have brains and that puts them a few steps ahead of Bush to begin with.

Not one terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11.

It's not for lack of trying on the terrorists' part.

That's the most important job of the government, to protect its citizens.

RTB

857151[/snapback]

Does that mean Clinton was a GREAT president? No terrorist attacks from islamics after the early bombing of World Trade Center? Or will you bring up the Embassy bombings?

You should try ands read some history sometime dude. Carter inherited the economic problems and set about fixing them. He took Paul Volker on at the Federal Reserve and they pushed the high interest rates to get rid of inflation. Worked so well Reagan kept him on and that led to the steady 1980's economy. Carter also did a lot to reduce our usage of energy which helped quite a bit. He al;so got Israel and Egypt to make nice, an accomplishment that was no small feat. The Shah of Iran was a real POS and deserved to be sold down the river. Ike never should have allowed him to be put in power. Ike was a good prez, though, IMO.

Not saying Carter was a great President--he wasn't--but he was a lot better than your brain washed opinion and your totally ignorant post suggests.

And Gore and Kerry would have been far and away better president than this idiot Bush. THey have brains and that puts them a few steps ahead of Bush to begin with.

857342[/snapback]

How old are you? Maybe you were too stoned to remember the late 70s. Sure seem stoned now.

Four terrorist attacks on US soil since 9/10.

857255[/snapback]

Did you read that on a t-shirt? :doh:

Of course, we could always say that if Clinton took OBL when he was offered to us, maybe this never happens...

In fact, if 9/11 didn't happen, Bush wouldn't have been able to play the terror card, and would have lost to Kerry.

It's the whole Clintonian conspiracy.