(LAMP) Waiting on my dream job

Dr. Fong

Through a contact I was made aware that this company is hiring for a position that would really set me up good for the long haul. I talked to the boss this morning and we had a nice 15 minute conversation where he encouraged me to submit my resume and they'd be conducting interviews next week. I'd have felt better had he set up an interview right away, but what can you do. The problem now is I am so filled with anticipation that I can't focus on anything. I am just too anxious like a kid waiting for Christmas. I can't imagine how bad I'll feel if I don't get this job. Anyone have any comments, advice, etc.?

Through a contact I was made aware that this company is hiring for a position that would really set me up good for the long haul.  I talked to the boss this morning and we had a nice 15 minute conversation where he encouraged me to submit my resume and they'd be conducting interviews next week.  I'd have felt better had he set up an interview right away, but what can you do.  The problem now is I am so filled with anticipation that I can't focus on anything.  I am just too anxious like a kid waiting for Christmas.  I can't imagine how bad I'll feel if I don't get this job.  Anyone have any comments, advice, etc.?

852691[/snapback]

Funny, I am going through the SAME thing! I am trying to get a Chief's job in Kentucky and I spoke with the Chief there and he seems very receptive and said he would be "looking for my resume to come across his desk" The anticipation is to the point of annoyance now and I just want an answer either way so I can get on with the Holidays! Guess patientce is a virtue I dont imply.

Funny, I am going through the SAME thing! I am trying to get a Chief's job in Kentucky and I spoke with the Chief there and he seems very receptive and said he would be "looking for my resume to come across his desk" The anticipation is to the point of annoyance now and I just want an answer either way so I can get on with the Holidays! Guess patientce is a vertue I dont imply.

852700[/snapback]

Well I guess it's good to know I'm not alone in this. You're a fire fighter? My Uncle is a Lieutenant in Springfield, MA. He's on the tail end of his career and is about to retire soon. Best of luck bro.

Mead107 thanks for the good thoughts.

Good luck to all. It's a tough time of the year to be switching jobs. As for scheduling you for an interview during the phone interview, it's just not the norm anymore. Not sure how big of a company you're looking at, but there are probably a bunch of HR people coordinating the process. Don't sweat it. It'll happen when it does. If it doesn't, screw them. They lost out on you.

Funny, I am going through the SAME thing! I am trying to get a Chief's job in Kentucky and I spoke with the Chief there and he seems very receptive and said he would be "looking for my resume to come across his desk" The anticipation is to the point of annoyance now and I just want an answer either way so I can get on with the Holidays! Guess patientce is a vertue I dont imply.

852700[/snapback]

Cool! Just think of all the new candidates for you to cheat on your wife with if you get the job!!

Good luck!!! :P

852700[/snapback]

Wait, you can just change tribes like that? That's amazing! There is soooo much about Native American culture I don't know.

Either he deleted it, or one of the mods. It was a couple days before Thanksgiving, at least 7 pages of people calling him an ****.

It had the makings of a classic, in a BF kind of way. :bag:

852893[/snapback]

This comming from a guy with 84 total posts, and not ONE has anything to do with the Bills or football!! :P And for the record you inbred! I merely asked if anybody has ever been tempted to cheat. :censored:

Just invite it for a threesome.

853013[/snapback]

That wouldn't work. At first it would turn him on as the left hand played with the right, the fingers all intertwining in a rage of passion. They'd soon discover that they could please each other more than he could please them.

Before long they'd both be ignoring him and he'd be off in the corner feeling all jealous.

That wouldn't work.  At first it would turn him on as the left hand played with the right, the fingers all intertwining in a rage of passion.  They'd soon discover that they could please each other more than he could please them.

Before long they'd both be ignoring him and he'd be off in the corner feeling all jealous.

853444[/snapback]

Finally a subject you are qualified to comment on!