High Def this week for Bills? Not.

SouthernMan

CBS with their generous supply of HDTV NFL programming has, as usual, 3 games being broadcast in HD format. Why are they even in the NFL picture?

Teh games are:

Indy and Tennessee

Kansas City and Cleveland

Jets and Packers.

Indy is automatic.

But why the other 2 games? Jets, I assume because it's a bigger market.

In each of those contests, there is a combined 10 wins between the 2 teams.

The Bills/Chargers matchup has a combined 14-win matchup.

Maybe the feeling is that the other games are more closely matched teams, and a more entertaining game is likely.

When is CBS going to get with the program and start putting all their games in high def?

I'm surprised the NFL doesn't pressure CBS to have all games available in HD.

I understand CBS has paid a ton of money for the rights to show the games, but I would think there would be stipulations in place that would promote the NFL's valuable product.

of the 32 NFL teams, the 16 NFC (Fox) teams have AT LEAST 14 games in high def, with the possibility of their 2 AFC homes games being on NBC or ESPN primetime games.

Of the 16 AFC (CBS) teams, about 6-8 will have elite status, and get a fair share of CBS high def and primetime high def games.

That leaves the AFC middle-lower tier teams, who unfortunately, get hosed on the high def broadcasts.

Through a quirk of fortunate scheduling, the Bills have actually had their share (8 of 11) of high def games this year. Amazing, considering their W-L record and lack of primetime games. With any luck they'll get one or two more against either the Jets, Dolphins, or Ravens.

Still, CBS needs to get with 21st century technology.

Sure glad i didnt get the fan pack, also, did you notice the quality of a game NOT broadcast in HD by directv is actually worse than standard definition transmission?

851817[/snapback]

I've found that it is significantly better if you turn off the "full" mode on your HDTV, and watch the broadcast in standard 4:3 size with the vertical bars.

You know what gets my gizzard?

CBS didn't film the game in HD, yet NFL films was at THE SAME GAME with HD cameras?

WTF?

852815[/snapback]

Unless they've changed things recently NFL Films shoots everything on Super 16 film, not HD video cameras. Super 16 is easily transfered to HD after it's developed but there is no way of broadcasting live in HD using Super 16 film cameras.