As a side note to the MNF post

damaynman150

I thought he was teamed with Enberg at CBS after he was let go by the MNF crew

851547[/snapback]

Yeah that's gotta be right - I know I saw Enberg and Dierdorf do a game this season - maybe a college game, or the Colts? I seem to remember Enberg being honored at Indiana U that weekend, and am almost positive he and Dierdorf were together in the broadcast booth.

Hope I don't get strung up for this, but I love Troy Aikman as an analyst. I think he's got it all as a color guy - smooth, even talking voice, a lot of knowledge (about the entire game, not just qbs), good timing, and doesn't talk too much. Unfortunately hes on Fox w/ Joe Buck who I think is not very good at all. Aikman's the best in the biz, and that's really tough to say considering what he did to us on the field.

Hope I don't get strung up for this, but I love Troy Aikman as an analyst.  I think he's got it all as a color guy - smooth, even talking voice, a lot of knowledge (about the entire game, not just qbs), good timing, and doesn't talk too much.  Unfortunately hes on Fox w/ Joe Buck who I think is not very good at all.  Aikman's the best in the biz, and that's really tough to say considering what he did to us on the field.

851910[/snapback]

Well said...I actually forgot about him.

I never really even hated Aikman when he was killing the Bills, because he did it with class. I'd probably take him over McGuire, but I'd be happy with either.

Yeah I think Dierdorf felt he had to fill the Alex Karras role on MNF - I do hear that he's a pretty nice guy when you meet him.  Dick Enberg, to me, has always been a class act.

One of the many betting pools we used to have on Superbowl Sunday was how long before Enberg says it - a couple of times he didn't even wait for the opening kickoff...

"OH...my!"

851518[/snapback]

Are you just going to let this pass without making one (of your many) famous comments? I mean it's a big fat slow pitch...HIT IT!

Are you just going to let this pass without making one (of your many) famous comments?  I mean it's a big fat slow pitch...HIT IT!

851976[/snapback]

Ah, those were the days...

Of course, the other pool was how long it would take Enberg's broadcast partner to say, "Looks like it's a little short, Dick."

Thanks for reminding me, Deano.

Hope I don't get strung up for this, but I love Troy Aikman as an analyst.  I think he's got it all as a color guy - smooth, even talking voice, a lot of knowledge (about the entire game, not just qbs), good timing, and doesn't talk too much.  Unfortunately hes on Fox w/ Joe Buck who I think is not very good at all.  Aikman's the best in the biz, and that's really tough to say considering what he did to us on the field.

851910[/snapback]

Aikman is good and he doesn't step all over the game like so many of them do.

Aikman is good and he doesn't step all over the game like so many of them do.

852006[/snapback]

Yea, that's what I meant by him having good timing and not talking too much. He let's the game go instead of screaming over it ala Theismann.

Yea, that's what I meant by him having good timing and not talking too much.  He let's the game go instead of screaming over it ala Theismann.

852066[/snapback]

everytime i hear theismann, i think to myself "where is LT ?" and "can i offer him enough nose candy for him to break Theismann's leg again?"