McGahee

yankmeebills

When has McGahee showed much except the first year other than the Jets? I just don't see the love for the guy. What has he really done other than run 4.0 yards a game. A-Train can do that for a fraction of the cost and no attitude.

Keep A-Train, trade McGahee for a 3rd if we are lucky.

If he's not 100% the Bills are better off with AT.  Even at 100% Willis might not be a better runner than AT.  I don't see any difference in terms of productivity between the two.

847348[/snapback]

A-TRAIN 82 yards per game, 3.4 AVG

MCGAHEE 80 yards per game, 3.8 AVG

Other than the slight difference in AVG's, you would be correct.

When has McGahee showed much except the first year other than the Jets? I just don't see the love for the guy. What has he really done other than run 4.0 yards a game. A-Train can do that for a fraction of the cost and no attitude.

Keep A-Train, trade McGahee for a 3rd if we are lucky.

847662[/snapback]

2005 Games when McGahee got the ball ATLEAST 22 times: 117 yards (week 1), 140 yards (week 3), 86 yards (week 5), 143 yards (week 6), 136 yards (week 8), 81 yards (week 12), 66 yards (week 15), and 113 yards (week 16).

That is an average of 110 yards per game when Willis McGahee received atleast 22 carries.

2006 Games when McGahee got the ball ATLEAST 22 times: 91 yards (week 2), 150 yards (week 3), 78 yards (week 4).

That is an average of 106 yards per game when Willis McGahee received atleast 22 carries.

In the past 2 seasons, the Buffalo Bills coaching staff has given McGahee games where he has carried the ball: 13 times, 14 times, 16 times (2x), 10 times, 8 times, 9 times.

Draw your own conclusions.

Guest dog14787
That's a dangerous statement on this board.........you might find that people conclude from it that Manning sux or some such thing. :lol:

847684[/snapback]

:angry:

If he's not 100% the Bills are better off with AT.  Even at 100% Willis might not be a better runner than AT.  I don't see any difference in terms of productivity between the two.

847348[/snapback]

The difference between the two is that Thomas has had the benefit of running behind the newly revamped line and McGahee has not. Give McGahee three or four games behind the rebuilt left side and then start to compare. Otherwise you're just pissing in the wind with your comparisons.

Because McGahee is a better outside runner, I'd put him in this week.

We're not going anywhere between the tackles today.

847703[/snapback]

Some truth to that. At the very least Willis has shown he's pretty tough. Playing with recently healed ribs after only 3 weeks has to be painful unless he's medicated.

2005 Games...

That is an average of 110 yards per game when Willis McGahee received atleast 22 carries.

2006 Games...

That is an average of 106 yards per game when Willis McGahee received atleast 22 carries.

Draw your own conclusions.

847670[/snapback]

This fails to show a causal relationship. You may look at it either way: giving him the ball over 22X will cause him to have a great game, or more likely...

He is getting the ball more because he is having a great game.

Pretty impressive.  A very Travis Henry-esque move on his part. :angry:

847726[/snapback]

Speaking of old Travis, playing for the miserable Titans, he's run for over 700 plus and for 4.6 ypc......

Seems pretty decent.........