An Inconvenient Truth

daquixers_is_back

i read the book which is basically the slide show repeated

i believe it is factual

it is scary how close to the tipping point of disasterwe are

it is sad had the neo cons in power were able to convince their sheep that this proven science was non proven left wing theory while convincing their sheep that non proven opinions like creationism and intelligent design should be treated as science fact

there is a chance that things will turn for the better now that the government is shifting back to the middle.

Has anyone on here seen the movie yet? I dont know much about it so I cant really tell you whether the movies facts are right or wrong, but it was definately interesting and fun to watch.

846237[/snapback]

NO, not yet but it's in my Netflix queue.

Speaking of Netflix, what do you think of it? Blockbuster just started a program very similar except that when you watch the movie you can bring it right back to the store (instead of mailing it back) and you can get a free movie from the store.

846293[/snapback]

I like it. 0:)

Has anyone on here seen the movie yet? I dont know much about it so I cant really tell you whether the movies facts are right or wrong, but it was definately interesting and fun to watch.

846237[/snapback]

Saw the movie, read the book, an absolutely hideous unscientific piece of garbage both were.

Those darn neocons must have gotten to you too. Obviously if it's in print or the basis of a movie it must be true...

846395[/snapback]

I didn't say it's basis was unscientific garbage. The movie and book both freely manipulate and misrepresent data; it all seems accurate and reasonable science to a lay-person, but I don't personally know a single environmental scientist (of which I know several - I'm spending Thanksgiving with two, in fact) who didn't hate that movie.

i read the book which is basically the  slide show repeated

i believe it is factual

it is scary how close to the tipping point of disasterwe are

it is sad had the neo cons in power were able to convince their sheep that this proven science was  non proven left wing theory while convincing their sheep that non proven opinions like creationism and intelligent design should be treated as science fact

there is a chance that things will turn for the better now that the government is shifting back to the middle.

846244[/snapback]

0:)

Ok folks, let's add up the left wing soundbite score on this post. We've got:

"neo con" -- 1 point

"sheep" -- 1 point

"tipping point" -- 3 points

"proven science" -- 2 points

referring to this tripe as "factual" -- 2 points

working in an anti-Christian right rant -- 3 points

Ignoring the lack of progress during Gore's 8 years as VP -- 5 points

17 total, not bad. I'm a little disappointed there was no "Shrub" or "Bushie" reference -- obvious oversights.

Speaking of Netflix, what do you think of it? Blockbuster just started a program very similar except that when you watch the movie you can bring it right back to the store (instead of mailing it back) and you can get a free movie from the store.

846293[/snapback]

Netflix found a new way to try to throttle my account... telling me some of my movies are unavailable at my Gaithersburg, MD distribution center & mailing them from places as far away as Santa Ana, CA. I send them all back to the MD address (2 to an envelope), and mail the Santa Ana envelopes stuffed with paper. :P:lol:0:)

0:)

Ok folks, let's add up the left wing soundbite score on this post.  We're got:

"neo con" -- 1 point

"sheep" -- 1 point

"tipping point" -- 3 points

"proven science" -- 2 points

referring to this tripe as "factual" -- 2 points

working in an anti-Christian right rant -- 3 points

Ignoring the lack of progress during Gore's 8 years as VP -- 5 points

17 total, not bad.  I'm a little disappointed there was no "Shrub" or "Bushie" reference -- obvious oversights.

846408[/snapback]

17 points is just not a great score when you consider that any reference to "The Oil Companies" would have been worth 20 points. You really have to wonder what he was thinking when he was typing this thing.

This player clearly has some talent but you really have to question his decision making when he makes huge mistakes like that.

Other missed opportunities:

Mentioning Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, or Rove by name -- 2 points (each)

Implying any sort of conspiracy -- 4 points

Mention Iraq in environmental thread -- 8 points

That's another 20 points he just won't be receiving from the judges.

17 points is just not a great score when you consider that any reference to "The Oil Companies" would have been worth 20 points.  You really have to wonder what he was thinking when he was typing this thing.

This player clearly has some talent but you really have to question his decision making when he makes huge mistakes like that.

846418[/snapback]

i'll try to do better next time- i was in 0:) a hurry

17 points is just not a great score when you consider that any reference to "The Oil Companies" would have been worth 20 points.  You really have to wonder what he was thinking when he was typing this thing.

You forgot mentioning Hurricane Katrina. That's gotta be worth 50 points at least.

846237[/snapback]

When the scientist came out and said cigarettes cause cancer the tobacco companies just hired scientists that said they didn't or suppressed reports they did that said what they didn't want to hear. They also made tv commercials saying cigarettes were healthy. So I guess it comes down to who you trust. That being said, nothing will get done to stop global warming. Whatever its effects will be, whether big or small, they will happen. Hopefully it won't be that bad.