Here is what the NFL has fed me

stuckincincy

These are the teams that were on tv in the Cincinnati area. The numbers do not take into account who played who...

10 times - CIN

7 - PIT

6 - IND, CAR, NYG

5 - DAL, DEN

4 - BAL, CLE, NE, SEA, JAX, MIN

3 - SD, OAK, CHI

2 - KC, TB, SF, ATL, PHI, NYJ, AZ

1 - MIA, GB

0 - BUF, HOU, TEN, STL, DET

So...heavy on AFC North games, of course. Last year's SB teams get exposure, as well as IND, CAR and DEN. Evidently, I am supposed to admire the Giants. The DAL infection will never end in my lifetime...

I'm happy to no longer have to suffer Favre's smug mug.

My possibilties of seeing a Bills game is slim, what with their solid 1:00 PM start times. My only hope comes because CIN has two 8 o'clock games, one next Thursday, and a 4:15 game. Muddying the situation are those home broadcast rules.

If at all possible get DirecTV with the NFL ticket. I held off for years due to the price. I felt it obscene to pay that much just to watch a game. 2 years ago, I moved and cable was not an option, so I had to get a satellite. So, I bit the bullet and got the NFL ticket with it.

By far, this is the best purchase I think I've ever made in my life! I cannot stress it enough. A horribly sucky Bills getting blown out by the Bears is still 10 times better than the Cowboys and Redskins or some other such crap. My sister rents her house and got an ok from her landlord to install it. I've also known friends that got it installed while in an apartment. So, if that's the hang up, I'd suggest getting a little creative. But, whatever you do... get it. Trust me you won't regret it.

As an added bonus, you get NFL Network. Since I've gotten that, I can't even spell ESPM.

These are the teams that were on tv in the Cincinnati area.  The numbers do not take into account who played who...

10 times - CIN

7 - PIT

6 - IND, CAR, NYG

5 - DAL, DEN

3 - SD, OAK, CHI

1 - MIA, GB

So...heavy on AFC North games, of course.  Last year's SB teams get exposure, as well as IND, CAR and DEN.  Evidently, I am supposed to admire the Giants. The DAL infection will never end in my lifetime...

My possibilties of seeing a Bills game is slim, what with their solid 1:00 PM start times.  My only hope comes because CIN has two 8 o'clock games, one next Thursday, and a 4:15 game.  Muddying the situation are those home broadcast rules.

845676[/snapback]

I've had the ticket the last few years but I moved to a location that doesn't have a clear view of the southern sky. What's worse is being in Sylvania, OH. You get Cleveland which is traditionally a 1pm start, and the Lions which is also a 1pm start. So not only do I have zero chance of getting the Bills on TV, but I have zero chance of watching any good football teams.

I've had the ticket the last few years but I moved to a location that doesn't have a clear view of the southern sky. What's worse is being in Sylvania, OH. You get Cleveland which is traditionally a 1pm start, and the Lions which is also a 1pm start.  So not only do I have zero chance of getting the Bills on TV, but I have zero chance of watching any good football teams.

845762[/snapback]

I've always had a bit of affection for the Browns. After the All American Football Conference merged with the NFL, many in WNY started to follow Cleveland. Plus the AHL hockey Bisons and the Cleveland Barons had a spirited rivalry.

These are the teams that were on tv in the Cincinnati area.  The numbers do not take into account who played who...

10 times - CIN

7 - PIT

6 - IND, CAR, NYG

5 - DAL, DEN

3 - SD, OAK, CHI

1 - MIA, GB

So...heavy on AFC North games, of course.  Last year's SB teams get exposure, as well as IND, CAR and DEN.  Evidently, I am supposed to admire the Giants. The DAL infection will never end in my lifetime...

My possibilties of seeing a Bills game is slim, what with their solid 1:00 PM start times.  My only hope comes because CIN has two 8 o'clock games, one next Thursday, and a 4:15 game.  Muddying the situation are those home broadcast rules.

845676[/snapback]

DirecTV NFL sunday ticket with the HD package is worth every cent. I have seen every away game except for last week @ Houston in crystal clear HD, while during commericals flipping between 6 other games. It is great for a true footbal fan. Sunday is like x-mas day.

I've always had a bit of affection for the Browns. After the All American Football Conference merged with the NFL, many in WNY started to follow Cleveland.  Plus the AHL hockey Bisons and the Cleveland Barons had a spirited rivalry.

845776[/snapback]

Tell me your not old enough to have watched Otto Graham and Marion Motley <_<

I've had the ticket the last few years but I moved to a location that doesn't have a clear view of the southern sky. What's worse is being in Sylvania, OH. You get Cleveland which is traditionally a 1pm start, and the Lions which is also a 1pm start.  So not only do I have zero chance of getting the Bills on TV, but I have zero chance of watching any good football teams.

845762[/snapback]

Sad as it is I always check the ability to get Direc TV before I move anywhere.

SAD SAD SAD

Sad as it is I always check the ability to get Direc TV before I move anywhere.

SAD SAD SAD

845910[/snapback]

Oh I do to. They said you’re allowed to have it, and I had DTV out and they said it would work in one location only. I had to run the lines underneath a sidewalk and into this small courtyard. I call the complex management to confirm it's ok, which they said it was. I asked again because the location was unusual and I didn't want to put in all that work for nothing. When I finally had it in my apartment management called and told me it wasn't ok. I was flaming mad.

DirecTV NFL sunday ticket with the HD package is worth every cent.  I have seen every away game except for last week @ Houston in crystal clear HD, while during commericals flipping between 6 other games.  It is great for a true footbal fan.  Sunday is like x-mas day.

845788[/snapback]

If your going to watch nfl every Sunday than Sunday Ticket is a must. With all the stoppages and commericals I would be bored beyond belief if I could only watch one game. The only way I can do it is if its the Bills. And sometimes that is unwatchable this season.

DirecTV NFL sunday ticket with the HD package is worth every cent.  I have seen every away game except for last week @ Houston in crystal clear HD, while during commericals flipping between 6 other games.  It is great for a true footbal fan.  Sunday is like x-mas day.

845788[/snapback]

Heartily agree with everything you say except that I thought it stunk to pay extra for HD. Called DirectTV, told them so and they caved - took half off. The extra $$ still stink but half as much.

However, HD is like an addictive drug but didn't let them know that.

Not counting the Nationally televised games (Sun, Mon, Thurs) thru week 11 I have gotten

Washington 8 (2 CBS, 6 Fox)

Pittsburgh 6 (5 CBS, 1 Fox)

Philly 5 (1 CBS, 4 Fox)

Dallas 5 (1 CBS, 4 Fox)

Baltimore 4 (4 CBS, 0 Fox)

NY Giants 4 (0 CBS, 4 Fox)

Jacksonville 4 (3 CBS, 1 Fox)

New England 3 (3 CBS, 0 Fox)

NY Jets 3 (3 CBS, 0 Fox)

Atlanta 3 (1 CBS, 2 Fox)

Cincinatti 3 (1 CBS, 2 Fox)

Cleveland 2 (2 CBS, 0 Fox)

Oakland 2 (2 CBS, 0 Fox)

Houston 2 (0 CBS, 2 Fox)

Tennessee 2 (1 CBS, 1 Fox)

Indianapolis 2 (1 CBS, 1 Fox)

San Diego 1 (1 CBS, 0 Fox)

Buffalo 1 (1 CBS, 0 Fox) Week 1 @ New England

Kansas City 1 (1 CBS, 0 Fox)

Denver 1 1 (1 CBS, 0 Fox)

Tampa Bay 1 (0 CBS, 1 Fox)

Carolina 1 (0 CBS, 1 Fox)

New Orleans 1 (0 CBS, 1 Fox)

Seattle 1 (0 CBS, 1 Fox)

Oh I do to. They said you’re allowed to have it, and I had DTV out and they said it would work in one location only. I had to run the lines underneath a sidewalk and into this small courtyard. I call the complex management to confirm it's ok, which they said it was. I asked again because the location was unusual and I didn't want to put in all that work for nothing. When I finally had it in my apartment management called and told me it wasn't ok. I was flaming mad.

845998[/snapback]

Hope you got the OK in writing :lol: Seriously, I had my lawyer add it into my association docs. 0:)