Does anyone have statistics on '06 NFL blackouts?

I did a very limited search. I actually spent most of my time searching for an article I SWEAR I read that noted that the NFL has not had EVEN ONE game this season blacked out in a local market. I guess that means they are playing to ~100% capacity? The problem is, I don't believe it, and I can't remember where I read that.

The best site I could find was this one on ESPN, and it pretty much confirms that just about every NFL team is selling close to all of their tickets for their home games. The old standby's for blackouts- Arizona and New Orleans- are selling out this year.

So, is it true? Has the NFL not had to blackout one single game this year? Can any of you NoCal posters confirm that every Raiders game has been on TV this year? I NEED ANSWERS! ;)

Will Bills-Jags be the first?

I did a very limited search.  I actually spent most of my time searching for an article I SWEAR I read that noted that the NFL has not had EVEN ONE game this season blacked out in a local market.  I guess that means they are playing to ~100% capacity?  The problem is, I don't believe it, and I can't remember where I read that.

The best site I could find was this one on ESPN, and it pretty much confirms that just about every NFL team is selling close to all of their tickets for their home games.  The old standby's for blackouts- Arizona and New Orleans- are selling out this year.

So, is it true?  Has the NFL not had to blackout one single game this year?  Can any of you NoCal posters confirm that every Raiders game has been on TV this year?  I NEED ANSWERS!  ;)

845010[/snapback]

Yes, every Raiders game has been on TV this year. However, I could find ticket available at ticketmaster.com on Saturday before several home games, but still, none of Raiders game was blacked out.

I did a very limited search.  I actually spent most of my time searching for an article I SWEAR I read that noted that the NFL has not had EVEN ONE game this season blacked out in a local market.  I guess that means they are playing to ~100% capacity?  The problem is, I don't believe it, and I can't remember where I read that.

The best site I could find was this one on ESPN, and it pretty much confirms that just about every NFL team is selling close to all of their tickets for their home games.  The old standby's for blackouts- Arizona and New Orleans- are selling out this year.

So, is it true?  Has the NFL not had to blackout one single game this year?  Can any of you NoCal posters confirm that every Raiders game has been on TV this year?  I NEED ANSWERS!  ;)

845010[/snapback]

B'gals had about a 10-year run of no home sell-outs so no TV... :lol:

B'gals had about a 10-year run of no home sell-outs so no TV...  ;)

845042[/snapback]

I thought they just did that for aesthetic purposes. You know, people just look SO tacky on television in large groups, the Bengals probably just felt it was better to not have them at all.

PLUS, that way the people who did make it to the stadium didnt have to worry about being seen by their friends at a 90s Bengals game, since it was blacked out.

Two birds with one stone baby!

I thought they just did that for aesthetic purposes.  You know, people just look SO tacky on television in large groups, the Bengals probably just felt it was better to not have them at all.

PLUS, that way the people who did make it to the stadium didnt have to worry about being seen by their friends at a 90s Bengals game, since it was blacked out.

Two birds with one stone baby!

845048[/snapback]

;)

I tell ya, the nineties B'gals did provide a football education. They provided the baseline to judge all things football against.

Fun Facts: Then rookie Ki-Jana Carter bought and delivered towels to camp. The organization did not provide them. There was no training table...want lunch? Players had to brown bag it. They used to have in-season practice on a downtown hazardous soil site. :lol:

;)

I tell ya, the nineties B'gals did provide a football education. They provided the baseline to judge all things football against.

Fun Facts: Then rookie Ki-Jana Carter bought and delivered towels to camp. The organization did not provide them. There was no training table...want lunch? Players had to brown bag it. They used to have in-season practice on a downtown hazardous soil site.  :lol:

845057[/snapback]

If this is true, that is very sad and tacky.....I knew they were cheap, but come-on ....towels??

If this is true, that is very sad and tacky.....I knew they were cheap, but come-on ....towels??

845257[/snapback]

Wait! There's more! Here's a partial list... :blink:

In 1991, HC Sam Wyche was fed up with Brown's meddling. He went into Brown's office, and shortly thereafter, he claimed that Wyche quit and wouldn't pay him his due. Sam had to sue to get his dough.

In 1997, Boomer Esiason came back to the B'gals as a favor, because of team and qb injuries. Boomer played "lights out". Ran a 4 game streak that included three 400+ passing performances, and was named an Offensive Player of the month. so Brown started to have him selectively sit out, because he didn't want to pay Esiason a contract clause based on playing time.

After Brown took the County Commissioners and the (idiot) voters that gave him a free stadium to the cleaners, public outcry forced him into the background and the family (in droves) took over the actual running of the team.

He's still officially the GM, but he's more or less kept in a box where he can count his $$$ in peace. <_<

That is really sad that the Bills can not sell out a game.

I moved from Buffalo and had to give up my seasons but have sat through many bad seasons because I am a fan!

I would venture to say that the only reason they have been selling out so many games are the other teams fans who come and buy tickets. Sadly Jacksonville does not have any real fans and that is why there are so many tickets left.

Very sad.

That is really sad that the Bills can not sell out a game.

I moved from Buffalo and had to give up my seasons but have sat through many bad seasons because I am a fan!

I would venture to say that the only reason they have been selling out so many games are the other teams fans who come and buy tickets. Sadly Jacksonville does not have any real fans and that is why there are so many tickets left.

Very sad.

845927[/snapback]

Last 28 home games approximately 2,000,000 seats sold

8,000 seats unsold

The Bills orginization should be thankful there has only been 1 blackout in the last 3 1/2 seasons. Between putting a crappy product on the field for almost a decade and the success of the Buffalo Sabres (who have sold out their entire 41 game home schedule this year). I'd say the Bills fans have done a good job supporting the team. Maybe a few games not selling out will force the Bills to step up their game and make a few good player signings that will get the fringe fans out to the stadium.

Last 28 home games approximately 2,000,000 seats sold

8,000  seats unsold

The Bills orginization should be thankful there has only been 1 blackout in the last 3 1/2 seasons.  Between putting a crappy product on the field for almost a decade and the success of the Buffalo Sabres (who have sold out their entire 41 game home schedule this year). I'd say the Bills fans have done a good job supporting the team.  Maybe a few games not selling out will force the Bills to step up their game and make a few good player signings that will get the fringe fans out to the stadium.

846463[/snapback]

Why do people bring up the Sabres? The Sabres to sell out an entire season needs to sell what? About 750,000 tickets right? The Bills to sell out EIGHT games need to sell over 1,100,000 + .... thats the huge difference. Also isnt the average Sabres ticket about $10 less? Combine that with church, jobs (Sabres games usually at night, not in the middle of the day) ... etc and you have your reason (imo)