Jacksonville:

Astrobot

Jacksonville Minuses:

In the last 4 weeks, the Jags lost at Houston, 27-7, and in their house, 13-10. In the 13-10 game, they allowed the Texans a 15-minute time of possession advantage. Garrard had a 25.5 passer rating with 4 INT’s.

Leftwich is under the knife tomorrow. Garrard will be under the gun on Sunday. Garrard under pressure is not going to get it done.

The Jags beat themselves all the time—dropped passes, penalties at the wrong time, turnovers, quick 3 and outs…Now they are playing not to lose, looking at the wild card race (Jets, Chiefs), whining about their luck, etc.

Jaguars' receiving corps is woefully inadequate. They are about done with the great Matt Jones experiment, Reggie Williams essentially lost a game with twin penalties--an offensive pass interference penalty and a holding call, and they're about to turn to a backup to take on the #3 role.

Props to Khalif Barnes for his weekend drunk driving arrest, and a sideline incident involving wide receivers Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford. Get the Ritalin.

Their last four 1st Rounders aren’t producing on the field. Admittedly, they have been outstanding with their later round picks over the last 4 years, but their playmakers aren't stepping up.

As of 3 days ago, here was the injury report. Lots of lower body injuries:

Jorge Cordova LB Hamstring Questionable Questionable* Questionable

Donovin Darius S Knee Questionable Questionable* Questionable

Chris Hanson P Hamstring Questionable Questionable* Questionable*

John Henderson DT Hamstring Probable Questionable* Questionable*

Byron Leftwich QB Ankle Questionable Questionable* Questionable*

Stockar McDougle OL Ankle Questionable Questionable Questionable

Montell Owens RB Head Questionable* Questionable*

Nick Sorensen S Head Probable Questionable* Questionable*

Marcus Stroud DT Ankle Questionable Questionable Questionable*

Terry Cousin CB Groin Probable Probable Probable

Wayne Hunter T Wrist Probable Probable Probable

Clint Ingram LB Shoulder Probable Probable Probable

Brian Iwuh LB Shin Probable Probable Probable

Rashean Mathis CB Hamstring Probable Probable Probable

Bobby McCray DE Shoulder Probable Probable Probable

Fred Taylor RB Groin Probable Probable Probable

Gerald Sensabaugh S Shoulder Probable Probable Probable

Daryl Smith LB Biceps Probable Probable Probable

Dee Webb CB Shoulder Probable Probable Probable

Marcellus Wiley DE Groin Probable Probable Probable

Ernest Wilford WR Thigh Probable Probable Probable

Brian Williams CB Foot Probable Probable Probable

Derrick Wimbush DT Ankle Probable Probable Probable

George Wrighster TE Back Probable Probable Probable

Bills Positives:

In the Colts game, The Bills learned how to keep an offense off the field, using time of possession and the running game. In the Texans game, they learned they had a passing offense themselves. Now it's time to use both to beat a playoff-caliber team.

The Bills have been stingy with their own turnovers, and Jax has been liberally giving it up. This is one game where the turnover battle will literally win the game.

The youngsters are coming along. Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner, and OL's (Terrence Pennington, Duke Preston, etc. have had a chance to play during live fire, and we're seeing the results now.

It's definately a winnable game, it's all on JP Losman to not turn the ball over, if the Bills play a safe game without turnovers they will win. That being said, The Jaguars are too good up front for the Bills to give it to Thomas 30 times so Buffalo will have to use a balanced attack of pass and rush.

I'd like to see the Bills use some screen passes this week to Roscoe Parrish, and I wouldn't mind seeing Shaud Williams in on passing downs. When Willis was in there was no need, but it would be nice to have a change of pace back to spell the A-Train.

The Giants are even more injured.  And they'll still win.

843841[/snapback]

Could be a very tight game according to Peter (Is there a dentist in the house?) King:

Jacksonville has two home shutouts this year -- 9-0 over the Steelers, 41-0 over the Jets. More significantly, here's how they played in the last three weeks: 35 opponents possessions, one touchdown, four field goals.

Jacksonville, 16-14.

Could be a very tight game according to Peter (Is there a dentist in the house?) King:

Jacksonville has  two home shutouts this year -- 9-0 over the Steelers, 41-0 over the Jets. More significantly, here's how they played in the last three weeks: 35 opponents possessions, one touchdown, four field goals.

Jacksonville, 16-14.

843852[/snapback]

If Peter King did my handicapping I'd be a homeless crack addict.

As of 3 days ago, here was the injury report. Lots of lower body injuries:

Jorge Cordova LB Hamstring Questionable Questionable* Questionable

Donovin Darius S Knee Questionable Questionable* Questionable

Chris Hanson P Hamstring Questionable Questionable* Questionable*

John Henderson DT Hamstring Probable Questionable* Questionable*

Byron Leftwich QB Ankle Questionable Questionable* Questionable*

Stockar McDougle OL Ankle Questionable Questionable Questionable

Montell Owens RB Head  Questionable* Questionable*

Nick Sorensen S Head Probable Questionable* Questionable*

Marcus Stroud DT Ankle Questionable Questionable Questionable*

Terry Cousin CB Groin Probable Probable Probable

Wayne Hunter T Wrist Probable Probable Probable

Clint Ingram LB Shoulder Probable Probable Probable

Brian Iwuh LB Shin Probable Probable Probable

Rashean Mathis CB Hamstring Probable Probable Probable

Bobby McCray DE Shoulder Probable Probable Probable

Fred Taylor RB Groin Probable Probable Probable

Gerald Sensabaugh S Shoulder Probable Probable Probable

Daryl Smith LB Biceps Probable Probable Probable

Dee Webb CB Shoulder Probable Probable Probable

Marcellus Wiley DE Groin Probable Probable Probable

Ernest Wilford WR Thigh Probable Probable Probable

Brian Williams CB Foot Probable Probable Probable

Derrick Wimbush DT Ankle Probable Probable Probable

George Wrighster TE Back Probable Probable Probable

843817[/snapback]

It's a sign of the future, every time you face off against the infirm... :);)

lets just take one game at a time and not count on anything.we have a brutal remaining schedule.i would be pleased with 3 or 4 more wins but i will not say we should beat anybody.let the bills practice hard each week and hopefully this offensive line jells for the rest of season.playoffs next year would be more realistic.but yes go buffalo against the jags!

I agree that the turnovers are going to be even more crucial than usual and it should be low-scoring. I'd give Jax the edge because their running game has a much better chance of being successful and we'll likely have to put the ball in the air more often. Our special teams could be a nice Xfactor in a game like this though.

Right now the Jaguars are taking it to the Giants. Or the Giants are just stinking up the place. Can't tell. Manning has thrown two INTs and Carter just put another one on the ground.

I don't mind, I'd like a dose of false confidence for the Jags, and as long as the Bills don't turn it over I like their chances at home.