Dunta Robinson post game quote

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills got the ball with one time out and 1:40 left--the first 20 yards were all secondary receiver plays and improvisation...the play to the fifteen yard line was a bullet; the touchdown pass was also a bullet to his second option and the ball was where noone else could catch it....if it would have been a tipped ball or a hail mary maybe Dunta has a point--but this was a solid drive. 

The QB took what the D gave him and drove the ball down the field in the clutch.  It has to help with confidence...but noone knows if it will happen again.  I sure hope it does.

To follow-up on my "yes [Dun-ta is wrong]" response above, if JP gets even halfway decent protection, he can carve up a defense. Despite the line problems and overall record, he's been throwing for 61.3% prior to today, with more than a few dropped passes thrown in there. I don't know if the Texans' defense is that bad, or if the O-line is turning the corner now that Villarrial is out and the other guys have gotten more used to their new positions.

BTW, I e-mailed Chris Brown and he said the coaches hate Reyes and made a mistake signing him. He'll be gone at the end of the year. :doh:

BTW, I e-mailed Chris Brown and he said the coaches hate Reyes and made a mistake signing him.  He'll be gone at the end of the year. :doh:

842660[/snapback]

We need to quit signing the last guard available in free agency...big Bennie and now tempered Tutan..

BTW, I e-mailed Chris Brown and he said the coaches hate Reyes and made a mistake signing him.  He'll be gone at the end of the year. :doh:

842660[/snapback]

They hate him? I wonder how he fell out of favor so fast. I mean, it's not like he was the one dud among a group of winners.

Yes.

842628[/snapback]

So I'm the only one who was honestly surprised that he led a game-winning drive? He had some proven fourth-quarter comeback ability that should have led Robinson to fear him like a DB might Manning? There's something in the past nine games of film that should lead Robinson to say "When Losman took the field with 1:40 left and no time outs, I was shaking in my cleats. Dude is scary-ass good coming from behind..."?

Guess what? The Bills this season have come from behind to win a game - have come from behind to take a lead, period - only one other time this season: the first quarter of the Vikings game, when they were down 3-0. That's it. Other than that, in nine games, once a Bills' opponent established a lead they never trailed.

So again...how is Robinson so wrong?

So I'm the only one who was honestly surprised that he led a game-winning drive?  He had some proven fourth-quarter comeback ability that should have led Robinson to fear him like a DB might Manning?  There's something in the past nine games of film that should lead Robinson to say "When Losman took the field with 1:40 left and no time outs, I was shaking in my cleats.  Dude is scary-ass good coming from behind..."?

Guess what?  The Bills this season have come from behind to win a game - have come from behind to take a lead, period - only one other time this season: the first quarter of the Vikings game, when they were down 3-0.  That's it.  Other than that, in nine games, once a Bills' opponent established a lead they never trailed. 

842682[/snapback]

I agree with everything you just said, and I don't think there was anything factually wrong about what Dunta said. It was just a typical, classless, punk excuse made by someone who just had the worst game of his career.

So I'm the only one who was honestly surprised that he led a game-winning drive?  He had some proven fourth-quarter comeback ability that should have led Robinson to fear him like a DB might Manning?  There's something in the past nine games of film that should lead Robinson to say "When Losman took the field with 1:40 left and no time outs, I was shaking in my cleats.  Dude is scary-ass good coming from behind..."?

Guess what?  The Bills this season have come from behind to win a game - have come from behind to take a lead, period - only one other time this season: the first quarter of the Vikings game, when they were down 3-0.  That's it.  Other than that, in nine games, once a Bills' opponent established a lead they never trailed. 

842682[/snapback]

I think the part that people are taking exception with is the part about "shooting themselves in the foot" trying to remove credit from Losman and the Bills where credit is clearly due.

JF: I said in another post that guys like Reyes might be all the Bills CAN get.

BaND: He said they don't like him. I substituted in the word hate. I think his work ethic sucked. At least the guys sucked at playing, but worked hard at doing it. :doh:

BJ: Give JP time in the pocket and he'll beat you, assuming his WR's catch the ball. The Texans no more "shot themselves in the foot" than the Bills took it to them. It's not like the Texans are some great team, you know.

I think the part that people are taking exception with is the part about "shooting themselves in the foot" trying to remove credit from Losman and the Bills where credit is clearly due.

842688[/snapback]

Perhaps. Though I think you're giving people too much credit. :doh:

And hell, people still argue about whether or not the Bills came back or the Oilers collapsed. Could be both. Even if the Texans shoot themselves in the foot...Price still has to catch (or pay off the officials into calling it a catch) the dart Losman throws to him.

Still doesn't mean Robinson's wrong. There was NO reason to expect the Bills to come from behind and win.

It's not true JP said this about the pick six:

"If that had been Champ Bailey, you'd expect it," he said disgusted. "But it was Dunta Robinson. That's embarrassing."

Really  :P

:doh::P:lol::pirate::P:w00t:

842682[/snapback]

I focused more on the content of the drive--it was well executed; there were no fluke plays that moved the ball toward the goal -- it was solid and the QB made great throws on the two plays that ate up the last 35 yards.

You and Dunta focus on the fact JP had never executed a drive like this before.

My opinion is that Dunta is surprised and red-faced because he didn't think JP was capable of leading such a drive..I figured JP was capable of doing this so I don't think the Texans D and their spokesperson should be embarrassed that they are the first victim.

If he wants embarrassment -- how about the 31 spot that the Redskins laid on them at the beginning of the year...

You and Dunta are entitled to your opinion..I just have a different one..

I never thought Reyes played that bad, but I guess none of us have any clue to what kind of work ethic he may have. I only have him holding down the fort on my signature until the 2nd or 3rd round pick is ready to play. :doh: I never liked Preston but hey, maybe he at least takes his job seriously. He better, with a pathetic 365 lb. bench press for a 311 lb. man coming out of college.

I never thought Reyes played that bad, but I guess none of us have any clue to what kind of work ethic he may have. I only have him holding down the fort on my signature until the 2nd or 3rd round pick is ready to play. :doh: I never liked Preston but hey, maybe he at least takes his job seriously. He better, with a pathetic 365 lb. bench press for a 311 lb. man coming out of college.

Well the coaches said that they liked Preston better because he was stronger than Reyes Either Preston got stronger, or Reyes is a wimp.