Where are the WM haters at?

bluv

A-Train struggled today and was stopped on a couple of key 3rd and short downs. He hit the hole pretty hard on those plays as well. Just goes to show that if the O-line doesn't open up a hole or gets a push no RB can consistently pickup yardage on his own! If we open it up for the rest of the year and run more from a 3 WR set and pass to the back as much as we did today, WM might be itching to get back on the field!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A-Train struggled today and was stopped on a couple of key 3rd and short downs. He hit the hole pretty hard on those plays as well. Just goes to show that if the O-line doesn't open up a hole or gets a push no RB can consistently pickup yardage on his own! If we open it up for the rest of the year and run more from a 3 WR set and pass to the back as much as we did today, WM might be itching to get back on the field!

842251[/snapback]

Oh, I'm right here. I like the A-Train just fine. He never loses yards. BTW, happen to catch Travis Henry's 70 yard TD run today?

Bye Willis.

WM has not played to his potential, and that's no fun.

A-Train is solid but not great.

Running Backs are one of the more shorter lived replaceable positions. Unless you are truly something special there is not a big drop off from one to another.

All that said, Willis is still a great back, better than A-Train, four years younger, and with more upside. He will play even better with a better line and passing game. I hope Willis is our RB for the end of the season and for the 2007 season. 2008 and beyond is too far to think about and depends on financial considerations, etc. But if I had only A-Train I would want to find another back in the draft. With a healthy Willis I think we can hold off and focus on other places (O-Line, D-Line, 2nd Receiver, Tight End, DB if Clements leaves)

Oh, I'm right here.  I like the A-Train just fine.  He never loses yards.  BTW, happen to catch Travis Henry's 70 yard TD run today?

Bye Willis.

842279[/snapback]

Oh I'm right here with ya, don't you just love to hear the pads poppin we he hits the hole, the guy had ANOTHER very strong game for us today and you are right, he never loses yards after contact.

Made some key catches on the last drive also.......see ya willis!! :lol:

we gotta learn to utilize them both. both are a threat, and this oline sucks. we've gotta show teams different looks and with these 2 backs on the team... thats how we should do it.

842305[/snapback]

yeah what you said. I really dont understand why people want to choose between one or the other. Use em both we'd be a much more productive running team that way.

I've always thought WM runs better out of a singleback formation. If the pass protection builds from this game and we can afford to spread the field more, I think WM would have more success as defenses wouldn't be able to key in on him based on personell and plus I think he would benefit from more cutback type runs.

WM has not played to his potential, and that's no fun.

A-Train is solid but not great.

Running Backs are one of the more shorter lived replaceable positions.  Unless you are truly something special there is not a big drop off from one to another.

All that said, Willis is still a great back, better than A-Train, four years younger, and with more upside.  He will play even better with a better line and passing game.  I hope Willis is our RB for the end of the season and for the 2007 season.  2008 and beyond is too far to think about and depends on financial considerations, etc.  But if I had only A-Train I would want to find another back in the draft.  With a healthy Willis I think we can hold off and focus on other places (O-Line, D-Line, 2nd Receiver, Tight End, DB if Clements leaves)

842297[/snapback]

This is garbage. Seriously, how much more proof needs to be out there? Who the hell wouldn't play better with a better line? WHO? Will Anthony Thomas play worse should be Bills get a great line? McGahee is NOT a great back. He isn't even close. He's solid. Period. A-Train is solid. Period.

Travis Henry plays on an absoulute garbage team, with a garbage line.....no QB......and no WR's, and still produces. He is more explosive than Willis. He runs tougher than Willis. I mean, week after week, guys prove on other teams that Willis is nothing more than a mediocre back.

If his value is so high.....which I don't think it is anywhere else in the league, except with Buffalo fans.......trade his ass, get a high pick or picks, and go after a backup to A-train late in the draft. Use the high picks on lineman.

I just don't understand the reason some Bills fans have to keep defending Willis' medicore play week after week. HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

yeah what you said.  I really dont understand why people want to choose between one or the other. Use em both we'd be a much more productive running team that way.

842309[/snapback]

Because most of think that if Willis is so valued aroudn the league.....which he isn't......he should be able to bring us some kind of nice compensation in return for trading him. Using that compensation, and handing the ball to A-train would make the Bills a much better team, than just having Willis back there running.

Deep down in, everyone knows that WM stock is slipping.

Oh, I'm right here.  I like the A-Train just fine.  He never loses yards.  BTW, happen to catch Travis Henry's 70 yard TD run today?

Bye Willis.

842279[/snapback]

Indianapolis has the 32nd rush defense in the league, giving up on average about 160 yards per game with a 5.1 avg.

A-Train VS Indianapolis: 109 yards, 3.9 YPC

Difference of: 51 yards and a 1.2 YPC difference

Houston has the 27th rush defense in the league, giving up on average about 130 yards per game with a 4.6 rush avg.

A-Train VS Houston: 56 yards, 2.9 YPC

Difference of: 74 yards and a 1.7 YPC difference

Indianapolis has the 32nd rush defense in the league, giving up on average about 160 yards per game with a 5.1 avg.

Houston has the 27th rush defense in the league, giving up on average about 130 yards per game with a 4.6 rush avg.

842361[/snapback]

And this says what?

Let's see here, let me play along.....

JP Losman sucks, but had a huge game today. Thus, he was better than Carson Palmer today.

Losman > Palmer.

Gimmie a Break

842361[/snapback]

And then on top of this......see......when WIllis puts up these kinds of gaudy numbers.....like he has for about 3 years now......it's because......

The line blows.......JP blows.......People are hurt.....But But But, they are keying on Willis.........

Save it.....the more teams play each week.....the more WM gets further exposed.

And this says what?

Let's see here, let me play along.....

JP Losman sucks, but had a huge game today.  Thus, he was better than Carson Palmer today.

Losman > Palmer.

Gimmie a Break

842374[/snapback]

If Palmer was for two weeks straight playing 2 of the worst pass defenses in the league and threw for 50 yards and 0 TD's and Losman the previous 7 weeks were playing the middle-harder pass defenses in the league and is averaging about 150 and a TD per game then yes I would start Losman over Palmer.

And then on top of this......see......when WIllis puts up these kinds of gaudy numbers.....like he has for about 3 years now......it's because......

The line blows.......JP blows.......People are hurt.....But But But, they are keying on Willis.........

Save it.....the more teams play each week.....the more WM gets further exposed.

842383[/snapback]

Except Willis's numbers are better and against harder defenses. Willis is averaging about 80 yards a game against the 3rd, 12th, 28th, 1st, 11th, 25th, and 3rd ranked rushing defenses in the league.

So lets recap:

McGahee: On average has played about the 12th ranked defense in the league all year long and is averaging 80 Yards Per Game with 3.8 YPC.

A-Train: On average has played on average about the 29th ranked defense all year long and is averaging 82 Yards Per Game with a 3.4 YPC.

Willis faced the #3 rushing defense twice, #12 rush defense, #28th rush defense, #1 rush defense, #10 rush defense, and #25 rush defense. I didn't count the packers game but gb is the #7 rush defense.

So Mcgahee faced 5 top 12 rush defenses counting the pats who are the #3 rush defense twice and 2 bottom tier defenses.

Henry has faced the #12 rush defense, #32 rush defense, #17, #27, #14, and #2 and #19 rush defense.

So Henry faced 2 top 12 rush defenses and 4 bottom 15 run defenses.

It wasn't a mistake to get rid of henry. Henry was playing rather sh------- in 2004, and mcgahee came in and played very well. I'd love to see willis/atrain together as a tandem. I really dont get the mentality of choosing one over the other. Its a proven fact teams need more then 1 good rb. Keep em both and improve the lines. With the cap space we'll have next year no need to create more holes.

Bye Willis.

842279[/snapback]

What Tenny put a bunch of 13 year old girls in the back of the endzone and Travis couldn't get there quick enough?