Let's just face it

JayFromDC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean hell if the Redskins finally woke up and realized that Mark Brunell had to sit his ass down, I think it's about time for us to do the same, we seem to be the only team that will just sit there and do nothing about our QB situation until people literally lose their jobs man

836379[/snapback]

first off completly different situation, brunell is over 30 and has statrted more than a seasons worth of games. I wish JP would do more yes but nall was the clipboard carrier in GB and now hes that here to. Go watch practice or nfl europe tape if you wanna see nall

I am in total agreement. Like Phillip Rivers in San Diego, give the boy the ball. Sink or swim.

837211[/snapback]

Rivers has the #1 RB (probably #1 player) in the league and one of the best OL and the best pass-catching TE in the league....I am sure Jauron thinks we have the same....

Being here in San Diego, we see a lot of Phillip Rivers, so I'm pretty familiar with both. I think Rivers is better than JP, and surely would have drafted him if he had fallen to the JP draft slot. But Rivers plays with a good line, the incredible LT, and the best tight end in the game. That makes for an easier situation.

We need to follow the Colts a little more, even though JP is not Peyton. What got the Colts from 3-13 without Manning, to 3-13 in Manning's first year, to 13-3 in Manning's second year?

JP this year (not a rookie, so not a fair comparison) compared to rookie Manning has a better completion percentage, yards per attempt, twice the attempts per INT, more 20+ passes per attempt, more 40+ passes per attempt, and a better passer rating.

Manning's numbers went through the roof his second year as the Colts were a much better team (not sure which is the cart and which is the horse).

I am still concerned with JP locking onto receivers, not reading pressure, but I think that his performance against Indy was good considering the line and the gameplan, and I think if he can start having some better pocket presence and using his mobility, he is in position to grow as a QB, and be able to have drastic improvements in results with a better line next year. I sure hope so, because I don't want to waste draft picks or free agent dollars on fixing the QB again, when we need work in the trenches more than anything.

I think the Bills should look at a MAC conference QB as a Mid to low round pick.  Luke Getsy of Akron comes to mind.  He reminds me of Gradkowski and i guess Charlie Frye a bit since they both played there.  Buffalo should give him a look come draft day.

837954[/snapback]

Ok MAC QB's as mid to low round? Come on, before the accident Rothlisberger was a pretty decent QB, and Pennington when healthy he is well worthy of the first that he was drafted with. Leftwich hasn't been too bad either when not hurt.

Ok MAC QB's as mid to low round? Come on, before the accident Rothlisberger was a pretty decent QB, and Pennington when healthy he is well worthy of the first that he was drafted with. Leftwich hasn't been too bad either when not hurt.

838280[/snapback]

yep, i'm talking more along the lines of a Charlie Frye or Gradkowski type pick. Obviously those other guys were much more heralded coming out of the MAC and worthy of 1st round picks.

yep, i'm talking more along the lines of a Charlie Frye or Gradkowski type pick.  Obviously those other guys were much more heralded coming out of the MAC and worthy of 1st round picks.

838325[/snapback]

The steelers just a few weeks dumped their 4th round pick Omar Jacobs, QB from one of the MAC schools.

IS just not the answer.  Anytime you have to devise a game plan in which your QB doesn't even throw for 90 yards that means you pretty much don't believe in him.  And if you don't believe in him hell, let's go with the 3rd stringer and see what he could do, JP losman reminds me alot of Kyle Boller in Baltimore, rocket arm but can't read defenses, pocket awareness is terrible and is turnover prone.

836368[/snapback]

Is it the quarterback or the offensive line?