You're a Free Agent

Frez

Would you sign with Buffalo if JP Losman is leading this team?  :doh:

835910[/snapback]

Honestly, I wouldn't sign with buffalo because they have sucked for years and look to be on the path to rebuilding AGAIN. If I were to play for the bills next year, I would have to be seriously overpaid.

If they show me the money and they want me, and especially if it's a system that'll let me shine, hell yes.

Money should not be an object this offseason. The only qualifying factor for any player we sign should be "will he make this team considerably better?"

I've gone Bill from NYC :doh:: we need to pay dudes whatever it takes this offseason, so long as it doesn't throw our cap way out of whack.

Honestly, unless I was at the tail end of my career and hoping desperatly for a ring in the next year or two, I would go for the money. Especially if I knew I was guarenteed a starting spot on the offensive line and though I could make a difference.

You are looking at this a bit wrong though. We are not going to go after a RB, LB, QB or S. We are set at those positions. We are going to go after the positions of need. There are only so many starting RT positions in the league. If you are a good RT, your only options are those few teams that need one. Its not really where you WANT to go, its really where you CAN go. Thats #1. Then Money is #2. Then personal preferences such as family, friendships & team status round out the top 5. The fact we are in Buffalo probably hurts us more than us being a mediocre team

You bet I'd play for Buffalo. My home town team agrees to sign a guy with little football talent to a contract worth at least a couple hundred thousand a year. Just tell me where to sign.

What's that? You wanted me to pretend I was an NFL caliber player?

Don't matter to me.

JP will be the QB next season, so we'll find out who signs here.

Just a tip, try not to make the same argument as Mike Schopp. (dude aint got a clue, plus it looks like his face was on fire, and someone tried putting it out with a fork)

Thats what makes you you!  You avoid the question.......because you have  your "I hate JPL glasses on"

:D  :doh:

835943[/snapback]

You must be new here.

Don't bother responding to that moron, he hasn't got a clue. (plus he still has a pubic hair of Kelly Holcomb stuck in his teeth from last year, he refuses to brush for fear of losing it)

Would you sign with Buffalo if JP Losman is leading this team?  :doh:

835910[/snapback]

The Bills will have to offer more money than other teams to land free agents, but so will every other team that currently sucks.

Throw big money at one player, get him signed, and send a message that the team is about winning.

I think Dick Jauron and Marv Levy have good enough reputations to attract players and will be able to make a sales pitch.

If I am a receiver or QB.... no way... As a QB I'd see a QB not allowed to thrown 20 times a game. As a receiver that is not even how many throws I want my direction on Sunday's (TO anyone).

As for the rest of the team, why not if you are paying more then anyone.

Honestly, unless I was at the tail end of my career and hoping desperatly for a ring in the next year or two, I would go for the money.  Especially if I knew I was guarenteed a starting spot on the offensive line and though I could make a difference. 

You are looking at this a bit wrong though.  We are not going to go after a RB, LB, QB or S.  We are set at those positions. We are going to go after the positions of need.  There are only so many starting RT positions in the league.  If you are a good RT, your only options are those few teams that need one.  Its not really where you WANT to go, its really where you CAN go.  Thats #1.  Then Money is #2.  Then personal preferences such as family, friendships & team status round out the top 5.  The fact we are in Buffalo probably hurts us more than us being a mediocre team

835931[/snapback]

Stop it with the logic, you... you... you big meanie!! The Borg Collective is saying we need to bring 45 Brinks trucks to RWS just to get players to visit.

Newsflash!

There are only 32 starting RT slots in the NFL. About.... 25 are set.

There are 32 starting QB slots in the NFL. About.... 28 are set.

And on and on and on.

We already have spots that are solid; Marv just needs to go down the checklist.

If someone wants to play, there are a finite amount of starting spots in this league. And if someone 'good' actually wants to sign with NE just to be a 3rd stringer, well f--- 'em, I don't want anyone with that mentality.

Would you sign with Buffalo if JP Losman is leading this team?  :D

835910[/snapback]

Yes, because we have Dick Jauron and Chris Villarial says players around the league will want to play for him. :blink:

Money talks, throw it at Steinbach and see what happens. It might not work, but neither did signing 8 low production guys for about $15M in cap space this past offseason. I mean, ask yourselves, why not? Is there an approach the Bills haven't tried OTHER than throwing money at some top OL and begging them to come to Buffalo? They've spent the money on free agents in the front 7(Paup, Washington, Spielman, Adams and Takeo), they've spent on DB's(Vincent, Milloy). They've traded high picks for veteran QB's and even overpaid for a top free agent receiver once named Quinn Early. But the closest they've come to signing a top OL was Villarial, who they signed simply to replace a 7 time All Pro. Other than that it's guys whose old teams couldn't get rid of fast enough.