3 potential "National Semi-final" games

Ramius

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that Rutgers opponets have a higher winning percentage than ND's,

correct?

Which is meaningless given the lack of quality. UConn, Cincinnati, Illinois, Ohio, South Florida and Howard? :lol:

Again, does ND play the Coast Guard this year?  :w00t:

Uh, Ed. ND's schedule to this point contains tradition football powers: Michigan, Penn State, UCLA, as well as currently ranked Georgia Tech on the road. They still have the number 4 team in the nation to play. It's a schedule that was considered to be as tough as anyones before the season started.

The worst teams on the schedule to this point are Navy and North Carolina, WHO ARE ALSO ON RUTGERS SCHEDULE and are actually higher quality wins than either Howard or Ohio. Rutgers has a single quality win (over Louisville). That's it.

Which is meaningless given the lack of quality.  UConn, Cincinnati, Illinois, Ohio, South Florida and Howard?  :w00t:

Uh, Ed.  ND's schedule to this point contains tradition football powers: Michigan, Penn State, UCLA, as well as currently ranked Georgia Tech on the road.  They still have the number 4 team in the nation to play.  It's a schedule that was considered to be as tough as anyones before the season started.

The worst teams on the schedule to this point are Navy and North Carolina, WHO ARE ALSO ON RUTGERS SCHEDULE and are actually higher quality wins than either Howard or Ohio.  Rutgers has a single quality win (over Louisville).  That's it.

839805[/snapback]

You can scroll through 7 or 8 diffenent threads in the CFB forum and see these same points rehashed over and over again. Ed doesn't want to hear it. He sees that the Big East as a whole is 36-6 in out-of-conference-games (racking up wins against MAC, Conference USA, and D1-AA teams), and notes that the SEC is only 31-15 in non-conference games, so the Big East is automatically better. He can't fathom that 75% of the top-25 would be undefeated also if they played Rutgers schedule.

Don't bother him. He's got his red sweatshirt on, the smell of garbage is wafting through the air, Jovi is blasting on the stereo, and girls with nasally accents and stonewashed jeans are watching football. Let Jersey have their moment.

Just like you thought Rutgers would lose to Navy. Then Pitt. Then Lousiville.  :lol:

Rutgers has the speed to match up with WVU.

839948[/snapback]

Just Louisville. Not Navy or Pitt, they both suck. And I've been saying for almost a month that they will lose to Cincy:

22-20 vs. South Florida?  21-16 vs. UNC?  And those teams are jokes.  Look at what other teams are doing to UNC.

They are 7-0 because of who they haven't played.  I see them losing to Louisville, Cincy, and WVU.

814385[/snapback]

And I've been saying for almost a month that they will lose to Cincy:

839953[/snapback]

Wanna make a bet? If RU loses, I won't post on the College board until bowl time.

If RU wins, then you don't post over here.

How certain are you?

Just like you thought Rutgers would lose to Navy. Then Pitt. Then Lousiville.  :lol:

Rutgers has the speed to match up with WVU.

839948[/snapback]

It's really a good thing you've never been wrong in your predictions.

There's no Way the Mets lose tonight.  Not a chance in hell.

The Mets are by far the superior team.  Come on, who are they pitching? Jeff Suppan?!?!?!  :(  :doh:  ;)

I'd take Perez over Suppan in a heartbeat!

JOSE, JOSE JOSE JOSE. JOSEEEEEEEE, JOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

810238[/snapback]

Final score? Cardinals 3 Mets 1.

It's really a good thing you've never been wrong in your predictions.

Final score?  Cardinals 3 Mets 1.

839978[/snapback]

Wow you Alaskan retard. You have me wrong on a Mets score. :lol:

Just keep pulling for your ND. BTW, what year did you graduate there?

Wow you Alaskan retard. You have me wrong on a Mets score.  :lol:

Oh, you've been wrong on far more. But you and everyone who's been here longer than a month already know that. Doesn't matter what the sport, your knowledge of it is at best pedestrian and you're pretty much a bandwagon fan.

Just keep pulling for your ND. BTW, what year did you graduate there?

839981[/snapback]

Thanks. I was kinda hoping for your permission to root for the team my family has been rooting for for at least 3 generations.

Wanna make a bet? If RU loses, I won't post on the College board until bowl time.

If RU wins, then you don't post over here.

How certain are you?

839977[/snapback]

Not looking to bet. I have only seen two halves of Cincy games, one against Ohio State, and one against WVU, and they were solid both times. I can name their QB and that's about it. Rutgers is nowhere near the level where they can look past them, so they better not.

I'm not the only one who likes Cincy. The line opened at +8.5 and is now down to +6. Money has been on the Bearcats.

Oh yeah, this is the friggin dolt who voted for Rutgers to beat Louisville before he voted against em.

840036[/snapback]

I forgot that! :(:doh:;)

Ed knew so much that rutgers was going to beat louisville that he predicted rutgers would lose. :lol:

:D  :P  :lol:  :doh:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thats priceless. WVU is gonna roll up a 40 spot on rutgers.

839791[/snapback]

Yup. I still see WV as the class of the Big East. Even though they beat Louisville I would only rate Rutgers 3rd in the Big East. The win against Louisville happened under ideal conditions, and then still barely happened. It was a horrible trap set up for Louisville. First they play the biggest game in Louisville history at home. Then following week they have to play the second biggest game in Rutgers history on the road. They couldn't match Rutgers intensity for 60 minutes, and blew a 20 point lead. I played them over +200 and made a bundle so I was happy, but the point is Louisville wins that game more times then not. I believe the same can be said in the case of West Virginia beating Louisville. That was a horrible set up for them to play in, but on a neutral field West Virginia beats Louisville more times then not. If Rutgers survives this weekend, then it will mean the Rutgers/West Virginia game would be for the Big East. No way in hell West Virginia will let that opportunity pass them by after they already thought they lost it a few weeks ago.

:D  :P  :lol:  :doh:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thats priceless. WVU is gonna roll up a 40 spot on rutgers.

839791[/snapback]

Keeping my Rutgers homerism out of this...

The way to beat RU...They are xtremely fast. Lightening fast. Probably one of the fastest defenses I've ver witnessed. If you can stop their blitzing and pass rush, you can throw on them.

That's why i was worried about Brohm. he's got a cannon, and I had seen him make quick decisions with the ball.

WVU on the other hand is a Slaton/White run team. Rutgers has the speed and discipline to contain them. RU has converted LB's who are their DT's.

In all honesty, I was a lot more worried about Louisville than I am WVU.

There's a difference between what should happen and what will happen. Cal-USC is a big game tonight. If USC wins, the winner of the Notre Dame-USC game will play for the national title. If Cal wins, Florida will control their own destiny.

If Michigan loses a close game though they'd deserve a rematch way more than ND; and I like ND better.

Chris Spielman said it best during the BC/Maryland game:

If Rutgers wins out, they deserve a shot in the NC game, beating a #3 and #8 team. he said if it doesn't happen, then why even have this BCS stuff.

I knew I always liked him. :D

If you are going to say that the Big East is a BCS conference, then the undefeated team in that conference HAS TO go to the BCS championship game, otherwise the BCS is the most ridiculous thing to ever happen in sports (Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim notwithstanding).

I posted this elsewhere, but what happens if OSU beats michigan today, USC beats OSU in the BCS Champ game, and Rutgers beats Michigan and is undefeated? Now what? Rutgers is undefeated and has beaten 4 top 10 teams, yet USC with a loss to an unranked team is national champion.

Even if they dont, you cant keep on with the "they may go undefeated but it doesnt count" nonsense. They have met and exceeded expectations every single week of the season, something USC, Arkansas, Florida, Notre Dame and Either Michigan or OSU cannot say. Every test has been passed, and the tests were challaning. Rutgers (if undefeated) will have beaten 3 current top 10 teams. For the record, thats as many as Florida, USC and Notre Dame COMBINED.

So until we get a playoff system, where someone will have to beat rutgers before we say they are not worthy, I refuse to buy into this BS Chapionship Game Crap.

If its an 8 team playoff, so be it. Some team will be left out and crying, but so what. Chances are 99.99% of the teams outside the top 8 have at least one loss. And since they do, they lost their claim to the national championship game with that loss. 6 or 7 teams may get a second chance, but its a world of difference if you have one loss and get left out, than if you have zero losses and get left out.

When will the NCAA wake up and realize how much money they are LOSING with the current system

Yup. I still see WV as the class of the Big East. Even though they beat Louisville I would only rate Rutgers 3rd in the Big East. The win against Louisville happened under ideal conditions, and then still barely happened. It was a horrible trap set up for Louisville. First they play the biggest game in Louisville history at home. Then following week they have to play the second biggest game in Rutgers history on the road. They couldn't match Rutgers intensity for 60 minutes, and blew a 20 point lead. I played them over +200 and made a bundle so I was happy, but the point is Louisville wins that game more times then not.

840560[/snapback]

What game were you watching? L'ville did exactly what a road team needs to do, which is get a big early lead (and they did it with a couple fluke plays) and then got beaten up on both sides of the ball. It's not fair to just chalk that up to the atmosphere - Penn St. played Michigan under ideal conditions too.

What game were you watching?  L'ville did exactly what a road team needs to do, which is get a big early lead (and they did it with a couple fluke plays) and then got beaten up on both sides of the ball.  It's not fair to just chalk that up to the atmosphere - Penn St. played Michigan under ideal conditions too.

840890[/snapback]

We will see. Oddsmakers have Rutgers -6 at Cincinnati tonight. So as of now they tend to agree with my point of view. After tonight you might also. If not I guarantee you will when they play West Virginia.

We will see. Oddsmakers have Rutgers -6 at Cincinnati tonight. So as of now they tend to agree with my point of view. After tonight you might also. If not I guarantee you will when they play West Virginia.

840899[/snapback]

I think they'll lose @WV and I'm not surprised they're only -6 a week after their biggest win ever. I just think it's silly to say they were lucky to win the Louisville game - if anything L'ville was lucky it was that close. There is no "we'll see" - you might as well say "I'm going to wait till they lose and then say I told you so".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.