Indecision by the coaches is killing us

My biggest problem with this quarterback situation is that Jauron just can't make up his mind.

I think its pretty simple.

If you don't have faith in your quarterback, then don't play him!

If you do have faith in your quarterback then let him throw more than 13 times.

It seems like they just want someone in there who will be a caretaker

for the bills rushing attack.

As far as losman goes, i'm not 100% sure about him because the coaches won't let me be.

When you run the ball at 3rd and goal from the 10, how is your quarterback supposed to have any confidence? You are basically saying to your qb that we don't trust you. This is NO EXCUSE for JP who clearly does not perform when he has gotten his chances. And if Jauron feels that way, then JP should not be starting. They just seem to be saying 'ok we will start you, but we won't let you do anything'. What this strategy amounts to is basically that we have a bunch of meaningless games.

It's very hard to assess JP on a lot of these games because its impossible to get into a rhythm the way these guys play him. And what is with all these long drops??????

JP is not a good drop-back quarterback right now. So call some more plays that are tailored to his abilities like a roll-out, a waggle, hell even a draw!!

But just don't give me this ultra-conservative approach because you're afraid of his mistakes.

That doesn't do JP, the team, or anybody any good.

The bottom line is that JP is not going to get any better unless the bills let him open it up a little bit and live with his mistakes. If you are not going to do that then bench him and stop dragging this thing out.

The bottom line is that JP is not going to get any better unless the bills let him open it up a little bit and live with his mistakes. If you are not going to do that then bench him and stop dragging this thing out.

835456[/snapback]

I agree. You got to give confidence to the QB to make throws and get a feel for the game. Unless, the coaching staff has really figured out that there is no way

to put a QB behind this PUTRID offensive line. If that is the case they need to

be talking to Marv/Modrak to get their staff out there looking for talent at the

OL.

My biggest problem with this quarterback situation is that Jauron just can't make up his mind.

I think its pretty simple.

If you don't have faith in your quarterback, then don't play him!

If you do have faith in your quarterback then let him throw more than 13 times.

It seems like they just want someone in there who will be a caretaker

for the bills rushing attack.

835456[/snapback]

Is it even possible that what happened yesterday was because the Colts have great pass defense and horrible run defense?

If you look at our strategy yesterday, what we did was execute a game plan that was literally the only way our team of scrubs could ever beat the Colts. And it almost worked.

Is it even possible that what happened yesterday was because the Colts have great pass defense and horrible run defense?

If you look at our strategy yesterday, what we did was execute a game plan that was literally the only way our team of scrubs could ever beat the Colts.  And it almost worked.

835560[/snapback]

Exactly

If you look at our strategy yesterday, what we did was execute a game plan that was literally the only way our team of scrubs could ever beat the Colts.  And it almost worked.

835560[/snapback]

Oh did we run roughshod over Indy.... 28 carries 109 yards, wow 3.9 yards...

This offense and the play calling is putrid... They gave them no chance to win...

He converted 4 of 7 third down passes with 5,4,13 & 6 yards to go... He missed on 1 (converted fourth down), 10 & 6 (final sack).

Downright unnacceptable.

So....is it that the coaching staff doesn't have confidence in Losman, or they don't have confidence in the line's ability to keep him off his ass?

From Jauron's post-game comments, I know where I'd put my money.

So....is it that the coaching staff doesn't have confidence in Losman, or they don't have confidence in the line's ability to keep him off his ass?

835808[/snapback]

I have no idea from his comments.

Let Losman loose to get either get killed, prove he is useless or accomplish something...

I have no idea from his comments. 

835820[/snapback]

"We’re not happy with our performance," Jauron said. "We struggled in protection. That has a great effect on your quarterback whoever it is. J.P. is getting better and he performed pretty well."

Does that help?

"We’re not happy with our performance," Jauron said. "We struggled in protection. That has a great effect on your quarterback whoever it is. J.P. is getting better and he performed pretty well."

Does that help?

835831[/snapback]

Typical... Point is they did nothing to help him, he still converted third downs even when they were in passing situations.

I couldn't stand watching the game, even if they won the game.

It's both.

The offensive line is not an acceptable excuse for JP's anemic performances.

It's very interesting how at the beginning of the season drew bledsoe was playing

behind a terrible offensive line. That was supposed to be the cowboys achilles heal.

But now Romo is behind the helm and we havent heard that at all.

Plus ... if you are worried about Keeping JP upright then stop making him drop back a mile before he throws the ball. Get some quicker-developing plays. how about a screen pass to slow down the pass rush? I think I can count on my fingers the amount of times the Bills have used a screen pass this year.

And target the tight end more. Put him in the shotgun more often. Do something different!

You have a mobile quarterback who is not supposed to be a statue like bledsoe.

If your line stinks, then make adjustments for that.

I'm tired of hearing how we need to wait for next year for linemen.

Either these guys need to be coached better, or they need to adjust the playcalling,

or you need to make a change at the position. But do something different because the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

835808[/snapback]

835808[/snapback]

Quoted for emphasis.

Running the ball on 3rd and 10 is in no way showing a lack of confidence in JP! Its merely showing that they don't trust the offensive line to protect him long enough to get the ball that far downfield (particularly when the D knows whats coming). Its better to plunge ahead with Train for a few yards than to go 7 or 8 yards backwards. Puts our best player, the punter, in a better situation to help the team.

Quoted for emphasis.

Running the ball on 3rd and 10 is in no way showing a lack of confidence in JP! Its merely showing that they don't trust the offensive line to protect him long enough to get the ball that far downfield (particularly when the D knows whats coming). Its better to plunge ahead with Train for a few yards than to go 7 or 8 yards backwards. Puts our best player, the punter, in a better situation to help the team.

835837[/snapback]

How come then on their first possession they converted 3rd & 13?