For The Folks Out There Who REALLY

I will be the first person to admit that when I watch a game, my eyes are all over the field instead of studying the play of certain players. Which guys on this line have a shot of making this team next year? I don't want to deal with any more of these 2nd hand players any longer.

How many do you think the Bills could pick up in free agency? Is there a guy in the draft (top 10) that is worth going after? Can this line be fixed by home opener next year? I know it takes time to gel but I want the right players in there.

Congratulations to one hell of an effort by the Bills D yesterday!!! Do the Bills have ANY talent with their tight ends or do we not have any idea because for the tenth year in a row, they are not in the game plan.

I love the A Train and the effort this guy puts out!!!!! Great work by the coaches!!

Look at the bright side, it was an exciting game, they lost by one and will have a better draft pick because of it :devil: I said two weeks ago that I would be happy if we lost all our games by one point as long as they showed improvement. You can only do so much with that crappy line.

I don't study linemen during the game, I am just like you, I just watch the game but I can say of the starters, Peters and Fowler are the only that should be starting next year. Gandy should be given the job as a ticket taker (except most fans would just mistake him for a turnstile), CV should hang it up (he's hurt again and can't stay healthy) and Pennington still needs work to be a starter.

As for Backups, Merz and Preston are still young so they would be good for depth and Reyes is at worst an experienced backup for them. He wasn't horrible as a starter either so keeping him in as a starter next year is not a horrible thing.

I agree with those who think that Peters has the tools to border on being a sensational player IF he keeps his head on straight and stays focused (and of course healthy). I am very excited from what I have seen of his 2 starts at LT.

Seriously, the sky is the limit.

The jury is still out on Fowler. I never considered him a "castoff" because of the money that the Vikes are spending on McKinnie/Hutchinson/Birk. He will never be a Mike Webster, but he might be adequate. It is hard to tell because of who he is surrounded by.

CV is completely shot. It is a shame because in the first part of 04, he was playing very well.

Pennington? Tough to say. He does have the physique to play RT, but he has a lot to learn and prove. A RT doesn't need super coordination (which he doesn't seem to have). He needs to be a mauler.

Imo he has a shot to be a good RT. The good news is that he has the rest of the season to get reps, learn the game, and improve.

Reyes (imo) is light in the ass. He can move around pretty well, but I don't think he can out muscle DTs on 3rd and short plays. Teams don't just let go of really good guards. A case could be made that Chicago did just that when we signed CV, but look at how long he lasted.

Imo, Steinbach and a solid RT would change this line instantly. RGs would appear to be easy to find in the draft. Really, we should probably be bringing them in every year.

Same thing with LBs. DeMeco Ryans and Ernie Sims are tearing it up. We CAN have players such as this if we stop focusing on DBs and small and or injured skill players.

The sad part is the fact that it might really not happen.

Check out my new sig Bill. Too bad it will be shot to death by a 1st round CB. :blink:

835430[/snapback]

Your sig is great! :doh: You and I are obviously on the same page. The possibilities for the Bills to improve in 07 are huge, and I mean really huge.

Because of the lack of big time UFAs, I think that the value of draft picks will skyrocket. Teams that think they are a player away will be forced to look to the draft to plug holes, rather than free agency. It appears that the Bills will have a pick in the top 10, which would offer us the possibility of a very good player, or a trade down for multiple picks.

We could have gone this route in April, but the past is just that. Now it is up to Marv to forego his penchant toward drafting DBs, whether we lose Nate or not. If he does so, I am thinking that TBD will be a much happier place next season. :(

I believe we will end up around pick 10-12, just missing Sam Baker and of course Joe Thomas( 2 potential great LT's ) and settling for probably the best RT prospect, Levi Brown, although he currently plays LT at Penn St.

835483[/snapback]

Thats actually good for the Bills because it doesn't look like they really need a LT because Peters is looking like he will be able to hold down that side. Centre is not a priority because Fowler has played well enough there to be adequate and allow us to focus in other areas. Guard and RT are the biggest concerns. Hopefully Pennington improves every week and takes away another problem area and we will only be required to look for guards (If Reyes is put back in and can hold down the spot that would leave just a guard as a necessity) This will allow us to draft linemen and not have to force them into games and allow them to develop first and give us depth, something we haven't had in a long time

I refuse to beat a dead horse - that does not change the fact that I think Losman should be trying out for the part of Scarecrow in The Wizzard Of Oz - they both suck (o-line and JP)

835561[/snapback]

That was actually funny.....How humor can lighten up all the depression this board has been throwing up in the last 22 hours.