Any1 who thinks JP was the reason we lost

milfster1

But did he win the games by himself? or could it have been his defence and other great players around him?

834384[/snapback]

I didn't watch every pittsburgh game. I can't really say for certain, but I did believe then that BR is and was better than JP.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But did he win the games by himself? or could it have been his defence and other great players around him?

834384[/snapback]

The idea is to do things to help the team win. The Steelers never had to gameplan their QB out of the game the way Bills do with Loseman.

I agree that today's gameplan was very rightly for us to run a lot more than we passed.  I think there's no question that today's gameplan did not call for JP Losman to put up 300 yards.  I also think, however, that today's gameplan, if JP Losman were even a below average NFL QB, would have called for JP Losman to pass for a bit more than 83 yards... to maybe get at least 130 or 150 yards.  To maybe score a bit more than 6 points.

I think its clear that JP Losman cannot be trusted to get the ball off in time in any kind of passing situation.  I think that's why the coaches went with a draw play in almost every third and long situation.

And of course, there is also the scoring offense.  How many FG's have we kicked this year where we were sacked on the play before?  How many FG drives of negative yardage have we had this year?  JP Losman simply does not make plays that result in first downs, let alone scores.  We simply cannot sustain offense with him.

Kudos to the defense and special teams for keeping us very much in a very tough road game.  Its really a shame that despite that heoic efforts by the defense and special teams, I never once believed today that our QB would be good enough for us to win this game today.

This was never supposed to be a 300 yard day for JP Losman.  But even with the right game plan from our coaches, including a great effort from the defense and special teams, our QB was simply not good effort to execute even that limited gameplan for a win.

JDG

834376[/snapback]

I'm leaning more towards the coaches seeing that the o-line still can't keep the defence off the QB as the reason they decided to stick with the run more. The running game was working, why switch? If the problem was the QB, why were they forced to use a TE to block a DE? this shows me more that the line needs alot of help. If not, they would have been making a change at QB instead of just limiting the amount of throws the QB is going to make. Also from the looks of it, the receivers weren't getting open. Most of the throws today were into coverage. Maybe the coaches stuck with the run because they noticed the recievers couldn't get open against the 3rd best passing defence in the league?

Blame JP all you want for the ineffectiveness in the redzone, but its not like A-train was punching them in either.

Wasn't the Patriots method to sign up lots of small name FAs?

I'm sure that was it. 0:)

834365[/snapback]

No.

Players drafted by the pats:

brady

maroney

wilfork

troy brown

bruschi

kevin faulk

randall gay

gostkowski

graham

watson

jarvis green

richard seymour

eliis hobbs

chad jackson

The key: Pretty much their entire starting offensive and defensive lines aquired via the draft. Take a look at our lines. How many are our draft choices? Thanks donahoe you P.O.S.

The idea is to do things to help the team win. The Steelers never had to gameplan their QB out of the game the way Bills do with Loseman.

834389[/snapback]

The Bills had to gameplan Losman out of the game?

Maybe it has to do with the fact that they were playing the 3rd best pass defence and last place run defence that the coaches realised running the ball might keep the game close or win the game. The Colts beat NE last week cause NE decided that Tom Brady is better then anybody and could win the game, they were wrong and the Colts won the game. Buffalo comes in and just keeps beating the ball on the ground and kept the game close all game.

The sad thing is JP Losman never had a chance to win the game. Every time the Bills got anywher near the endzone it was run on first, second, and third down. Lindell misses the field goal and then the defense can't stop the run and the Colts run the clock out.

Losman never, not even once, was in a position to possibly win the game.

The Bills had to gameplan Losman out of the game?

Maybe it has to do with the fact that they were playing the 3rd best pass defence and last place run defence that the coaches realised running the ball might keep the game close or win the game. The Colts beat NE last week cause NE decided that Tom Brady is better then anybody and could win the game, they were wrong and the Colts won the game. Buffalo comes in and just keeps beating the ball on the ground and kept the game close all game.

834413[/snapback]

But how do you explain the gameplan for the Green Bay game, then? Or the Miami game?

JDG

The sad thing is JP Losman never had a chance to win the game. Every time the Bills got anywher near the endzone it was run on first, second, and third down. Lindell misses the field goal and then the defense can't stop the run and the Colts run the clock out.

834418[/snapback]

Exactly. Look no further than our series before the half. Down by 7 with 2+ minutes on the clock and what did we do? Absolutely nothing. And it seemed that it was by design. They never let JP run a 2 minute offense. The coaches decided to sit on the ball and punt.

We got lucky with the fumble and run back; so perhaps their plan worked. But, in no way was JP ever in a position to win the game.

I liked the game plan. I really did. It gave us a shot in the end. But, come on, we gotta open it up a little bit. Just a little.

834418[/snapback]

I strongly suspect that JP Losman's performance this season while in FG range may well answer that question.

JDG

834418[/snapback]

And on that note, what the hell happened to Roscoe Parrish?

834418[/snapback]

Because it is clear Loseman can't win you games.

The game plan is clear and simple. Make the QB as less a factor as the Bills possibly can.

The final nail in the coffin has been hamered. The Blls are already planning for a new QB next season. It's why nothing in this offense is tailored for Loseman. The Bills threw this season away to make a point. They wanted to prove that Loseman couldn't hack it as an NFL starter. They willmove on next season with a new QB.

Because it is clear Loseman can't win you games.

The game plan is clear and simple. Make the QB as less a factor as the Bills possibly can. 

The final nail in the coffin has been hamered. The Blls are already planning for a new QB next season. It's why nothing in this offense is tailored for Loseman. The Bills threw this season away to make a point. They wanted to prove that Loseman couldn't hack it as an NFL starter. They willmove on next season with a new QB.

834492[/snapback]

CUT IT WITH THE CRUSADE. WE GET IT.

You must be talking about Losman reading defenses.

If you are defending Losman today then you have no clue.

The coaches have given up on Losman. I suggest you do the same. 0:)

834088[/snapback]

There you go, dufus. I corrected your spelling for you.