This week's "WTF?" point spread

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why do you even wast your time?  It is obvious that you cant stand ANY part of this team.  Did you loose  your meds?

828830[/snapback]

For the same reasons I stuck with the team during the 70's, 80's and late 90's till now. I know the cycle of crap football will end at some point. I bet you didn't even know that Buffalo had a team in the 70's and 80's?

For the same reasons I stuck with the team during the 70's, 80's and late 90's till now. I know the cycle of crap football will end at some point. I bet you didn't even know that Buffalo had a team in the 70's and 80's?

828837[/snapback]

Nope, I thought this was a expansion team this year, Get a grip........It was in the 60's when I became a bills fan.......and have been every since. But as much as I wish they were better. I find lots better things to do than constantly badger the team........you ought to find a hobby like fishing or something, relax and enjoy. Not like your on the payroll or anything. And if you were, YOUR ARE FIRED ;)

But the real head scratcher, IMO: How are the Steelers 4-point favorites over the 6-2 Saints?  Is this one of those "I can't figure why the Steelers are favored by four, so I might as well take 'em" games?

828494[/snapback]

Ive never really done the betting thing, but im usually good at picking games. I think betting against the Steelers is always a risky situation. All they have to do is keep Big Ben from throwing 4 ints and they have a great shot at winning any game. They have a good running game with Willie Parker and Hines Ward and Heath Miller as receiving threats. I also would never count them out with that defense. If all of these factors fall into place they could beat anyone in the league.

However, NO's strength on offense plays right into the weakness of the Steeler's defense. NO does not like to run the ball that much, with Drew Brees putting up over 300 yards pretty consistantly. The have a fantastic passing game with Joe Horn, speedy Devry Henderson, and I dont see anyone on the Steeler's defense that can match up with Marcus Colston. Everyone knows that your best bet versus the Steelers is to spread them out and NO can certainly do that.

I guess it depends on what you feel. If you think Drew Brees and NO's passing attack can be successful than go with the Saints, but if you think the Steelers have a good shot at putting all their pieces together then go with them.

So why do you even wast your time?  It is obvious that you cant stand ANY part of this team.  Did you loose  your meds?

828830[/snapback]

Some people just need to be miserable and the rest just like to sound miserable so every time the team loses, they come back and tell everyone how right they were with thread after thread after mind-numbing thread.

828837[/snapback]

This is a very lonnnnng cycle of crap though. And ralph probably wont live to see a good team here.sad to say it.

Yeah, I'd be wary of Denver as well.  Plummer on the road can really bite you in the butt sometimes.

Hey daquix, looks I owe you $20 from the bet on the Pats vs Indy.  How about you let me go double or nothing?  Give me your slate of picks for this week and I'll go opposite on one of them.

828817[/snapback]

Sure thing bro. Here are my picks

Baltimore over TENN

INDI over Buffalo

ATLANTA over Cleveland

Greenbay over MINNESOTA

JACKSONVILLE over Houston

Kansis City over MIAMI

NEW ENGLAND over Jets

Chargers over CINCI

New Orleans OVER Pittsburgh

Thats all Im willing to bet on. Home team is in CAPS.

Turnovers not withstanding they did win by 18 points  ;)

829020[/snapback]

Berrian ... their main WR was injured in the 1st quarter.

How many turnovers did they have within the their own redzone? One was an INT in the redzone returned 20 yards for a TD. Thats 7 points. Another one was a fumble in the redzone. Another TD. Thats 14 points. So we are now down to Miami winning by 4 points with FOUR TURNOVERS TO GO! Then Grossman fumbles at his OWN 34. Thats another pretty much guaranteed points (at least a field goal). Thats 3 more points. Now were down to a 1 point lead with THREE TURNOVERS to go! Then Gage fumbles at his OWN 45 and a Miami player returned it for 30 some yards. Thats another automatic 3. So now were down to Chicago winning by 2.

Ok. So with TWO TURNOVERS still left in the game, Chicago had FOUR turnovers in their own territory. TWO inside their own 20 yard line, and TWO more in their own end.

Chicago beat themselves.

Berrian ... their main WR was injured in the 1st quarter.

How many turnovers did they have within the their own redzone? One was an INT in the redzone returned 20 yards for a TD. Thats 7 points. Another one was a fumble in the redzone. Another TD. Thats 14 points. So we are now down to Miami winning by 4 points with FOUR TURNOVERS TO GO! Then Grossman fumbles at his OWN 34. Thats another pretty much guaranteed points (at least a field goal). Thats 3 more points. Now were down to a 1 point lead with THREE TURNOVERS to go! Then Gage fumbles at his OWN 45 and a Miami player returned it for 30 some yards. Thats another automatic 3. So now were down to Chicago winning by 2.

Ok. So with TWO TURNOVERS still left in the game, Chicago had FOUR turnovers in their own territory. TWO inside their own 20 yard line, and TWO more in their own end.

Chicago beat themselves.

829035[/snapback]

No mention of the Harrington int on the Bears 5 yard line I see.

Obviously the Bears are a much better team, but an 18 point road win against a very good team just doesn't happen unless you play very well. It actually doesn't happen in the NFL period.

I mean if you want to play that silly game, Pittsburgh beats Denver by 30 points.

No mention of the Harrington int on the Bears 5 yard line I see. 

Obviously the Bears are a much better team, but an 18 point road win against a very good team just doesn't happen unless you play very well. 

I mean if you want to play that silly game, Pittsburgh beats Denver by 30 points.

829044[/snapback]

OK fine. So then Miami is up 6, and Chicago still have two turnovers to NOT give up. One or both of them taking away points from Miami. ;)

The fact is Miami's offensive only scored about 10 points without getting the short field (10, 20, and 35 yard drives - *estimates*) is telling. Heck the Bills scored 7 on the Bears. Miami just scored 3 more (without the turnovers).

And what are you talking about? Pittsburgh's 1st INT was not in their own end. So Denver didnt have an easy 7 points. Their 2nd turnover was not in their own end. So Denver didnt have an easy 7 points. Their 3rd turnover was not in their own end. So Denver didnt have an easy 7 points. Their 4th turnover was not in their own end. So Denver didnt have an easy 7 points. The last turnover was with 1 minute left and didnt really matter. I suppose if their werent those turnovers Pitt *may* have scored on that drive, but you never know. The fact was that the Bears gave 4 turnovers up in their OWN END.

OK fine. So then Miami is up 6, and Chicago still have two turnovers to NOT give up. One or both of them taking away points from Miami.  :lol:

The fact is Miami's offensive only scored about 10 points without getting the short field (10, 20, and 35 yard drives - *estimates*) is telling. Heck the Bills scored 7 on the Bears. Miami just scored 3 more (without the turnovers).

And what are you talking about? Pittsburgh's 1st INT was not in their own end. So Denver didnt have an easy 7 points. Their 2nd turnover was not in their own end. So Denver didnt have an easy 7 points.  Their 3rd turnover was not in their own end. So Denver didnt have an easy 7 points.  Their 4th turnover was not in their own end. So Denver didnt have an easy 7 points. The last turnover was with 1 minute left and didnt really matter. I suppose if their werent those turnovers Pitt *may* have scored on that drive, but you never know. The fact was that the Bears gave 4 turnovers up in their OWN END.

829055[/snapback]

Not sure why I bother sometimes ;)

So giving the other team an easy 3 points minimum is vastly different than costing yourself 3 points minimum....glad we got that squared away. Also the Steelers fumbled IN THEIR OWN END on a kickoff, but facts aren't important in law school.

In any case I'm not even arguing that Miami would've won w/out turnovers. Maybe they would've, but I don't care enough to look into it. The point is it wouldn't have been a Bears blowout in a turnoverless game; and nobody would've thought Miami could come within 14 points in a turnoverless game.

Not sure why I bother sometimes    ;) 

So giving the other team an easy 3 points minimum is vastly different than costing yourself 3 points minimum....glad we got that squared away.  Also the Steelers fumbled IN THEIR OWN END on a kickoff, but facts aren't important in law school.

I actually mentioned that at the end of my paragragh saying " I suppose if their werent those turnovers Pitt *may* have scored on that drive, but you never know." .... which now sounds really idiotic (im posting while watching a movie).

In any case I'm not even arguing that Miami would've won w/out turnovers.  Maybe they would've, but I don't care enough to look into it.  The point is it wouldn't have been a Bears blowout in a turnoverless game; and nobody would've thought Miami could come within 14 points in a turnoverless game.

829061[/snapback]

This is true. Yet my whole point was that *I dont believe* Miami won the game themselves. I believe Chicago beat themselves.

Sure thing bro. Here are my picks

Baltimore over TENN

INDI over Buffalo

ATLANTA over Cleveland

Greenbay over MINNESOTA

JACKSONVILLE over Houston

Kansis City over MIAMI

NEW ENGLAND over Jets

Chargers over CINCI

New Orleans OVER Pittsburgh

Thats all Im willing to bet on. Home team is in CAPS.

828983[/snapback]

Alright I'll take Minnesota then.

Six fumbles, three of which were recovered by Denver. Three picks. Four sacks. Three touchdowns through the air and a 72-yard end-around where Walker was untouched. And all of it on the road.

I think when a team like Pittsburgh screws up, much like Green Bay did this week, it's easy to say that Denver didn't win so much as Pittsburgh lost, but they capitalized on virtually every Pittsburgh screwup in a game the Steelers desperately needed. That just looked like an ass-kicking to me.

828786[/snapback]

They also committed three unnecessary roughness penalties. And against CIN, they went the whole game without an on-field penalty - amazing, eh? - but committed two dead ball personal fouls that killed them.

They need some anger management indoctrination. :D

I have been eyeballing a few o/u's, I think the following look reasonable. Sunday's weather reports could change my thoughts-

KC-Miami OVER 40

Pitt-Saints OVER 45.5

Ravens-Titans UNDER 38

Denver-Oakland UNDER 33

Denver might have to score 34 to bump that game over.

I have been eyeballing a few o/u's, I think the following look reasonable.  Sunday's weather reports could change my thoughts-

KC-Miami OVER 40

Pitt-Saints OVER 45.5

Ravens-Titans UNDER 38

Denver-Oakland UNDER 33

Denver might have to score 34 to bump that game over.

830576[/snapback]

Those look okay. However, Baltimore is not the automatic under they used to be. I'd still probably go under in that game, though.