This week's "WTF?" point spread

Those look okay.  However, Baltimore is not the automatic under they used to be.  I'd still probably go under in that game, though.

831058[/snapback]

Yeah, I hear you. The beginning of this season was so strange to bet on or against the Ravens. You got so used to the ineptness that was the Kyle Boller Era, and I had a hard time adjusting to what McNair brought to the table. McNair had a few good games but I think he's starting to show his true colors too. They are still a team that needs their defense to win the game, or at least do enough to keep them close.

I have to assume VY and the Titans struggle against that D, and I don't see Baltimore putting up 24+, hence the under. However, the Ravens defense has been known to score. Hopefully they only return INT's to the 20 and then McNair leads a 6-yard drive and they take their 3 points.

Raiders still holding steady at +9, and Bills still at +12. A little surprised we haven't seen a little movement there, but I can't call in till Sunday, so I'd be surprised if things weren't different by then. The original question I had, about Pittsburgh, has jumped from 4 to 4 1/2. Interesting.

The Giants went from 3-point favorites on Tuesday to a pick'em.

From today's Buffalo News:

(I believe Atlanta is somewhere around -8 and 42)

NFL

Favorite Line Underdog

Sunday

@ Indianapolis 12 (45) Buffalo

Kansas City 1 (40) @ Miami

@ Jacksonville 101/2 (371/2) Houston

San Diego 1 (48) @ Cincinnati

@ Atlanta OFF Cleveland

Baltimore 7 (38) @ Tennessee

@ Pittsburgh 41/2 (45) New Orleans

@ Philadelphia 7 (43) Washington

@ N.Y. Giants PK (39) Chicago

@ Minnesota 51/2 (39) Green Bay

@ N. England 101/2 (391/2) N.Y. Jets

@ Detroit 6 (45) San Francisco

Denver 9 (33) @ Oakland

@ Seattle 31/2 (431/2) St. Louis

Dallas 7 (43) @ Arizona

Nov. 13

@ Carolina 91/2 (37) Tampa Bay

The Giants line has moved because of their injuries. I didn't like them before the season, but you have to give them credit for 3 quality road wins; I'm going to put some action on them. Also like the Bucs +9.5 - that's a visiting team series and Carolina is awful as a home favorite.

The Giants line has moved because of their injuries.  I didn't like them before the season, but you have to give them credit for 3 quality road wins; I'm going to put some action on them.  Also like the Bucs +9.5 - that's a visiting team series and Carolina is awful as a home favorite.

831672[/snapback]

Who's out for the G-Men? I'm aware of Strahan and Toomer. Any others?

The other DE with the weird name who is pretty good.

831680[/snapback]

That's right, I forgot about him too. The Giants' pass rush was really catching fire for a while there. I believe in two successive weeks they sacked Vick 7 times and then Bledsoe/Romo 6 times. Too bad both DE's will be out, because we saw what happens to Grossman last week when you force him to throw off his back foot.

Plaxico is injured also, but says he's going to play.

I actually mentioned that at the end of my paragragh saying " I suppose if their werent those turnovers Pitt *may* have scored on that drive, but you never know." .... which now sounds really idiotic (im posting while watching a movie).

This is true. Yet my whole point was that *I dont believe* Miami won the game themselves. I believe Chicago beat themselves.

829068[/snapback]

So when a defense generates turnovers it's only because the other team made a mistake and not because the D made a play? The only turnover in which the D doesn't really haev a say in it (either by confusing the QB with overages, pressuring the QB, laying a hit on an offensive player, etc.) is when the QB fumbles the center exchange. I take it every Miami turnover was a fumbled QB/center exchange?

So when a defense generates turnovers it's only because the other team made a mistake and not because the D made a play?  The only turnover in which the D doesn't really haev a say in it (either by confusing the QB with overages, pressuring the QB, laying a hit on an offensive player, etc.) is when the QB fumbles the center exchange.  I take it every Miami turnover was a fumbled QB/center exchange?

832029[/snapback]

Its probably a good idea for you to watch the Chi-Miami game before we continue this discussion. It would make you realize that Miami defense "turnovers" were more of Chi dropping and throwing the ball into no-where. One of Grossmans INT's he threw about 10 yards short. It was ridiculous. All the DB had to do is stand their and catch it like a kickoff. Their was also 2 other fumbles where it seemed like their was some type of slick substance on the ball, with the ease of it coming out.

Its probably a good idea for you to watch the Chi-Miami game before we continue this discussion. It would make you realize that Miami defense "turnovers" were more of Chi dropping and throwing the ball into no-where. One of Grossmans INT's he threw about 10 yards short. It was ridiculous. All the DB had to do is stand their and catch it like a kickoff. Their was also 2 other fumbles where it seemed like their was some type of slick substance on the ball, with the ease of it coming out.

832227[/snapback]

Good points, which is why I benched Grossman this week in fantasy, he's being punished for sucking the last two weeks.

by the way, how do you pronounce "daquixers" is it like "da-quick-sers" or does it have more of a french pronunciation to it?

Good points, which is why I benched Grossman this week in fantasy, he's being punished for sucking the last two weeks.

by the way, how do you pronounce "daquixers"  is it like "da-quick-sers" or does it have more of a french pronunciation to it?

832352[/snapback]

Just like you said "duh-quicks-ers" .. though its not French.

832227[/snapback]

I've seen extensive highlights of the game (they spent roughly 10 minutes on the game on Cold Pizza one morning) and have seen every turnover from it. You're missing my point though. Even if the Bears did make mistakes the Phins still put themselves in a position to make plays and then executed on both offense and defense. I am not a believer in luck, the defense creates opportunities via schemes and then has the opportunity to finish. QBs make mistakes in every single game and it's up to the D to make plays when they do. The Phins D did that.

On the flip side of the ball, the Dolphins O ran the ball all over the vaunted Bears D and also executed in the passing game when they got the ball in the red zone. It's easy to say, "they had a short field" but the offense still had to put the ball in the endzone when it mattered and they did that. You're simply not giving the Dolphins the credit they deserve for beating the crap out of the Bears.

I've seen extensive highlights of the game (they spent roughly 10 minutes on the game on Cold Pizza one morning) and have seen every turnover from it.  You're missing my point though.  Even if the Bears did make mistakes the Phins still put themselves in a position to make plays and then executed on both offense and defense.  I am not a believer in luck, the defense creates opportunities via schemes and then has the opportunity to finish.  QBs make mistakes in every single game and it's up to the D to make plays when they do.  The Phins D did that. 

On the flip side of the ball, the Dolphins O ran the ball all over the vaunted Bears D and also executed in the passing game when they got the ball in the red zone.  It's easy to say, "they had a short field" but the offense still had to put the ball in the endzone when it mattered and they did that.  You're simply not giving the Dolphins the credit they deserve for beating the crap out of the Bears.

832415[/snapback]

The Bills put the ball in the endzone against the Bears. Have you ever played organized football? Well here is the thing that offensive lineman (like I was) LOVED about getting a short field. When your going agianst a better defense, and you have to drive 70-80 yards to score, that means you have block perfectly and be physical for about 10 plays. On a short field, you only need to do well for about 3-4 plays. Not to mention your less tired because you didnt just march 50 yards downfield to get where you are right now on the Bears 20. Thats football.

If you dont believe in luck, then watch the music city miracle game one more time.

Sure thing bro. Here are my picks

Baltimore over TENN

INDI over Buffalo

ATLANTA over Cleveland

Greenbay over MINNESOTA

JACKSONVILLE over Houston

Kansis City over MIAMI

NEW ENGLAND over Jets

Chargers over CINCI

New Orleans OVER Pittsburgh

Thats all Im willing to bet on. Home team is in CAPS.

828983[/snapback]

4-4? What world are you living in?

First three lost.

GB won.

Next three lost.

San Diego won.

2-6.

Late game not off to such a hot start either.

That was the way we did it the 1st week AND this week. You were the one who jumped the gun and figured it was with a spread. I went 4-4.

834091[/snapback]

This is a gambling thread.

A trained puppy could have told us to pick Indy to win straight up.

Why in the other thread did you say you're "about even" as a gambler if you're picking games straight up? Either you're picking games against the spread or you're being dishonest about gambling. You can't have it both ways.

Why in the other thread did you say you're "about even" as a gambler if you're picking games straight up? Either you're picking games against the spread or you're being dishonest about gambling. You can't have it both ways.

834112[/snapback]

What was Indy getting like -650 <_<

Exactly. He'd be -400 or so on NE, Jax; -300 on Atlanta if we're playing money lines. The +100 from Indy isn't making much of a dent in that.

834142[/snapback]

Betting heavy NFL favorites on the moneyline provides about as little value as any bet in any sport. I won't even bet them with the spread.

834112[/snapback]

Dude. Follow me. The convo me and him had was from a DIFFERENT thread in which he bet me that the Colts would lose to the Patriots. Straight up. I won. He asked for double or nothing. I gave him my picks. He picked the Vikings. I won again.

Now in actual betting with online bookies, then I dont just bet straights. I bet pointspreads, straights, and teasers/pleasers.

Understand what im saying?