Hows about Leftwich

plenzmd1

First off, I'm a JP guy. Not ready to throw him under the bus yet, but just for grins lets speculate.

From everything I read, ole Byron just about done in Jacksonville. Now, I personally do not think hes all that, but what about all you JP haters out there. Just curious, would you rather have him or JP. And if Leftwich, how much will it cost to get him? I believe next year is his last under contract, so you would have to give him an extension as well, so what would you pay him?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen him play since our opener a couple years back. It seems he has been injured an aweful lot. Although he has a cannon for an arm, he is not a very mobile QB, so I don't think he would fare too well here. If we had a better line I would trade for him, but to do it now the price would be too steep at the expense of other positions that need to be adressed. To answer your question, if we had a better line I would trade for him. Only a 2nd rounder though.

Leftwich: Lower completion percentage, lower yards per completion, fewer 20+ plays, fewer 40+ plays, tiny lead feet, benefactor of great field position from his defense.

No.

Here's a link to the JAX board "Trade Byron Leftwich thread:

Linky

First off, I'm a JP guy. Not ready to throw him under the bus yet, but just for grins lets speculate.

From everything I read, ole Byron just about done in Jacksonville. Now, I personally do not think hes all that, but what about all you JP haters out there. Just curious, would you rather have him or JP. And if Leftwich, how much will it cost to get him? I believe next year is his last under contract, so you would have to give him an extension as well, so what would you pay him?

827367[/snapback]

If he would consider playing on the line, then yes, I would consider it.

Great--let's spend our 4th first round pick in less than a decade on a QB (Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman, and ??Leftwich/B Quinn). The only successful QB we have had in a decade is Flutie who was a non-draft pick from the CFL.

Depends on what you can get him for, he would be an option, he isn't that bad as a QB, and could be a valid replacement for KH and could compete with JP in Training camp for the starting job

827781[/snapback]

That's not saying much. I think Ken "The Snake" Stabler could challenge JP for the starting job in TC right about now.