I guess we should have a Sabres/Rangers thread

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Another come from behind victory as the Sabres score 3 unanswered to erase a 3-1 deficit and win 4-3 in ooooooooooooooooooooooooovertiiiiiiime.

All those penalties in the 2nd were not good. Also of concern is that the injuries are starting to mount - looks like Max will be out up to 2 weeks with a probable shoulder separation. 2 Amerks (Paille and Stafford) played well tonight with Stafford in his first NHL game setting up Briere's game winner.

Someone actually mentioned to me that what makes the Sabres good - their speed and small size - will end up hurting them through injuries. I ignored it at the time but after we dropped like fly's last playoffs and are now 2 players down a month into the season im starting to think he may have had a good point.

826280[/snapback]

Maybe...

When/if the injuries come Lindy will know how to handle it, the game will tighten up.

Under the new rules... You will not see too many "interference" type games so I think it still favors the Sabres... With key injuries they come down in speed and meet the levels of other teams... That is where goaltending will become important.

Like last night, they still have that "sniper" ability.

Maybe after Max's injury early against TOR... They said WTF, and just packed it in??... Maybe hoping that they could get back in it with minimal effort... I don't blame them...

Funny... Bbecause as much as injuries will make this team closer to their competition... I see the adversity HELPING them.

They will have to pace themselves and get healthy at the right time though... People will slack them yet, they can't stay high motor all the time... They will learn to play wise and coast at times or the injuries will pile up...

Just my $.02... :P:D

Someone actually mentioned to me that what makes the Sabres good - their speed and small size - will end up hurting them through injuries. I ignored it at the time but after we dropped like fly's last playoffs and are now 2 players down a month into the season im starting to think he may have had a good point.

826280[/snapback]

The problem with that theory is that i saw the Amerks friday night. They have at least 3 forwards and 1 defenseman that can step in now and keep up the pace the sabres want to play at. i was actually shocked that macarthur wasnt one of the callups-he was polished and very good-probably the most nhl ready. i was talking after the game i expected him to be the first call-up. stafford was ok offensively, but a little contact shy and really poor defensively. paille was balls out the best player on the ice, and umbergered former amerk norm milley. funk was really good, and a helluva skater for his size-but i hope he gets more of a chance to bulk up a little before they have to call him up. there is good depth in this organization, and the good start just insures a good seed come april.

I went to the game. The calls were pretty ticky tack in the 2nd period, at least a few of them. They didn't appear to be playing a much different game in the 3rd but voila -- no calls.

It was nice to walk out of the building with a W and to hear all the "Let's go Buffalo" chants going on. The Blue and Gold showed up for sure.

I thought Stafford and Paille looked pretty sharp. Paille even did his best Max pre-06 impression, taking it to the house only to come up short after some nifty puck movement. ;) Paetsch is still learning, some good things and some bad things. People don't realize though how adept Tallinder is at helping out his goalie. His is a huge loss.

Go SABRES!