Brett Favre

Is Brett Favre most over rated, most over hyped player in the League?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brett Favre most over rated, most over hyped player in the League?

• Yes
    • No (specify who is)

He's over-old....he's also one of the greatest to every play the game.

825852[/snapback]

if i didnt know better i would think john madden has the hots for the guy. actually maybe he does. and i am sick of hearing for the last 5 years now whether he should retire or not. who cares, he and his team are perrenially weak. lastly why do they give this guy and his team a monday night game no matter how bad they were last season?

if i didnt know better i would think john madden has the hots for the guy. actually maybe he does.  and i am sick of hearing for the last 5 years now whether he should retire or not. who cares, he and his team are perrenially weak.  lastly why do they give this guy and his team a monday night game no matter how bad they were last season?

825854[/snapback]

Favre is one of my all time favorite players, and even I'm sick of the retirement thing going on....and on....and on.....and on.

Favre is one of my all time favorite players, and even I'm sick of the retirement thing going on....and on....and on.....and on.

825873[/snapback]

He's holding his team hostage and the management doesn't have the guts to tell him to go away.

He's holding his team hostage and the management doesn't have the guts to tell him to go away.

825901[/snapback]

mercifully for the fans, for favre and for the packers (although they might not agree), this almost certainly will be his last season. consider next year he will be 38.

The guy is still pretty damn good. 11 Td's and 7 Int's with no talent around him. A poor oline, and his running back injured most of the year. the worst passing defense in the league, and he has a higher Qb rating then our Qb, more TD's less INT's. less fumbles, and he actually has the ability to win games for your team. Sorry I'd take Favre. He's not overrated by any stretch.

I've been thinking for years now that Favre is the most over hyped player by far in the NFL.  And today's game of multiple screw ups, miscues, misreads and poor judgement confirmed it for me

825848[/snapback]

Favre--according to most of the GB fans Ive talked to---who have seen him play year after year---is WAAY overrated--but they still love him because he is a a good..real person and is enthusiastic in his job.

I don't think he's over rated because everyone knows he's terrible now. Farve was a great QB in his prime, but he is just way, way, way over the hill. He is ending his career in the Unitas in San Diego/Namath in L.A. fashion, which is sad.

Well right now he is certainly not who you would want as your starting qb if you want to be a serious contender but with that said it's still fun to watch the guy because you know he is always going to try to do something and you just know he loves to play football, how could you not love that? He's not a primadonna and you've never hear the guy complain about his contract. As far as his talent, I'll admit his better days are behind him but you also have to keep in mind his team is very weak...in his prime he was untouchable. Hall of Famer for sure

I think it's not a stretch to say that TO is the most over hyped.... but after dropping a key wide open pass on fourth-and-2 in a loss to the Giants and then a wide open TD pass yesterday that would have been the difference in the game, I'm starting to think that he's also the most overrated.