Military Recruiters

This is pretty rotten. What if the kid they recruit gets killed, loses an arm or a leg, gets all burned up, suffers a brain injury or gets screwed up in the head because of the war? What type of person would do this sort of thing?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/print?id=2626032

Nov. 3, 2006 — - An ABC News undercover investigation showed Army recruiters telling students that the war in Iraq was over, in an effort to get them to enlist.

ABC News and New York affiliate WABC equipped students with hidden video cameras before they visited 10 Army recruitment offices in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

"Nobody is going over to Iraq anymore?" one student asks a recruiter.

"No, we're bringing people back," he replies.

"We're not at war. War ended a long time ago," another recruiter says.

Last year, the Army suspended recruiting nationwide to retrain recruiters following hundreds of allegations of improprieties.

One Colorado student taped a recruiting session posing as a drug-addicted dropout.

"You mean I'm not going to get in trouble?" the student asked.

The recruiters told him no, and helped him cheat to sign up.

During the ABC News sessions, some recruiters told our students if they enlisted, there would be little chance they'd to go Iraq.

But Col. Robert Manning, who is in charge of U.S. Army recruiting for the entire Northeast, said that new recruits were likely to go to Iraq.

"I would not disagree with that," Manning said. "We are a nation and Army at war still."

Manning looked at the ABC News video of his recruiters.

"It's hard to believe some of things they are telling prospective applicants," Manning said. "I still believe that this is the exception more than the norm. … I've visited many stations myself, and I know that we have many wonderful Americans serving in uniform as recruiters."

Yet ABC News found one recruiter who even claimed if you didn't like the Army, you could just quit.

"It's called a 'Failure to Adapt' discharge," the recruiter said. "It's an entry-level discharge so it won't affect anything on your record. It'll just be like it never happened."

Military recruiters lying?

They never did that before GW Bush! <_<

824908[/snapback]

I think of two movies when it comes to military recruiters. The first one is Stripes and that classic opening scene where Winger and his buddy decide to sign up.

"I'm not going to say the Army is going to do for you what it did for me......."

The second is the last Michael Moore movie 911 where the recruiters are in a lower class suburban Michigan shopping mall, picking off possible fresh blood by talking to kids in a hip ghetto argot. I didn't believe it for a second because it seemed soooo staged, like a number of Moore stunts, but then I witnessed something almost identical in a North Buffalo strip mall lot last summer.

I wanted to shout to the kid "RUN"!

My recruiter never lied to me.  I told him I wanted to go to Airborne and Ranger school and that's exactly what I did.

825974[/snapback]

Your opinion on this doesn't really matter. No offense, but you, like me, were dead set on joining the military. I said take me! No sales pitch was needed. But I joined in time of peace, and these recruiters are trying to convince fence sitters that its all ok and safe to join. That's evil. And again, I'm sure its not all recruiters

And if those kids are so f-ing stupid and ill-informed that they FALL for that sh--...it's hard to feel too sorry for them.

Not to mention what it says about the calibre of those recruits.

826523[/snapback]

I am gonna surely get scortched for this one... But, what the hell... Always one for the fryin' pan...

Silly you, the US has some of the best and brightest enlisting...

:P:D

In all honesty, I will try hard not to lump all the bright ones in with this group that is sure to be only a handful...

:angry:B-)

Sorry for offending the Lindy England's out there...

B-):lol:

This is pretty rotten. What if the kid they recruit gets killed, loses an arm or a leg, gets all burned up, suffers a brain injury or gets screwed up in the head because of the war? What type of person would do this sort of thing? 

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/print?id=2626032

Nov. 3, 2006 — - An ABC News undercover investigation showed Army recruiters telling students that the war in Iraq was over, in an effort to get them to enlist.

ABC News and New York affiliate WABC equipped students with hidden video cameras before they visited 10 Army recruitment offices in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

"Nobody is going over to Iraq anymore?" one student asks a recruiter.

"No, we're bringing people back," he replies.

"We're not at war. War ended a long time ago," another recruiter says.

Last year, the Army suspended recruiting nationwide to retrain recruiters following hundreds of allegations of improprieties.

One Colorado student taped a recruiting session posing as a drug-addicted dropout.

"You mean I'm not going to get in trouble?" the student asked.

The recruiters told him no, and helped him cheat to sign up.

During the ABC News sessions, some recruiters told our students if they enlisted, there would be little chance they'd to go Iraq.

But Col. Robert Manning, who is in charge of U.S. Army recruiting for the entire Northeast, said that new recruits were likely to go to Iraq.

"I would not disagree with that," Manning said. "We are a nation and Army at war still."

Manning looked at the ABC News video of his recruiters.

"It's hard to believe some of things they are telling prospective applicants," Manning said. "I still believe that this is the exception more than the norm. … I've visited many stations myself, and I know that we have many wonderful Americans serving in uniform as recruiters."

Yet ABC News found one recruiter who even claimed if you didn't like the Army, you could just quit.

"It's called a 'Failure to Adapt' discharge," the recruiter said. "It's an entry-level discharge so it won't affect anything on your record. It'll just be like it never happened."

824905[/snapback]

I'm so sick of you military hating liberals. You disgust me. I spit on you!