Borat SPOILER Thread

bartshan-83

I think a lot of the scenes were scripted. They had multiple camera angles in situations that were supposed to be "spontaneous". How could the bed and breakfast scene not be scripted? There's no way they did that in one take. Another example was the frat boy RV scene. There is no way a group of drunk frat boys remain completely oblivious to the camera for that long of a time.

they contact people and say they are doing a report on life in america, we'll pay you $xxx and would you be a part of it. at the bed and breakfast i'm sure the producers were saying "now we'd love it if you could bring some food to him".

As for the college kids, this was the most set up of all of them in my opinion. They probably offered 3 frat guys $500 to get drunk in an rv with their reporter from khazkstan. 100% set up, but the kids themselves didn't seem to be in on the joke.

Pam Anderson - 100% set up.

I also thought the subway seen may have been set up - some of the reactions from people didn't seem right. (and how do they get 25 people to sign releases?).

Still, an unbelievable movie.

Don't forget about these scenes:

- bilo in the cage and my sister says "you'll never get this" "but bilo escape once...and he get".

- the money clutching camera angle at the bed and breakfast was tremendous.

- When borat says "f u" to the uzbek embassy.

- When he finds out his wife died and hi fives the guy.

- In the church when he says "my neighbor xljal aslkjd....but nobody likes him".

classic, classic stuff.

Anyone else notice the bear's head the the fridge when Borat finally reunites with his producer who tells him that the bear "ran off"?

I stayed for the credits and there was an actual credit that said, "Mr. Baron Cohen's feces provided by James Smith" (I forget the actual name).

I think it's the only movie that I've ever seen that I really felt like turning around and seeing it again as soon as I left the theater.  Unfortunately it was sold out, so that bit of lunacy didn't happen, but I had the thought.

824789[/snapback]

I just got off the phone with my brother (he's the GM of a regal theater here in Atlanta) and he said both shows sold out tonight. He also said that the crowd was reacting to the film as much or more than any film he's ever had there.

One of my favorite scenes that no one remembers - when they pull up in the ice cream truck near the kids, and scare the sh-- out of em with the Bear in the back. ;)

824806[/snapback]

lol, yep, and when he was almost begging the guy to include a "pusssy magnet" in the deal for his car :)

The only thing I'm wondering is this, why did they censor Borat's package but not Azamat's?  Is Cohen too famous to have his wang on the big screen?

824467[/snapback]

i think azamat was too fat to have an exposable wang

i did like how they made borat's black censor a foot long

i think azamat was too fat to have an exposable wang

i did like how they made borat's black censor a foot long

824968[/snapback]

;)

That scene reminded me of one of the funniest scenes in the history of movies: The "light saber" scene from "Skin Deep". If you guys have never seen it, it's worth a rental just for that one five min scene.....it's hilarious.

Speaking of "911" that joke in the beginning about not flying was one that few people in the theater got, but my roommate, who is Jewish, and I were literally grabbing each other and laughing horrendously when he said what he said.

824400[/snapback]

I saw it in avery Jewish croud (Lincoln Square IMAX), and they loved that joke.

One of my favorite scenes that no one remembers - when they pull up in the ice cream truck near the kids, and scare the sh-- out of em with the Bear in the back. <_<

824806[/snapback]

That was my favorite scene - until the wrestling scene.

I saw it in avery Jewish croud (Lincoln Square IMAX), and they loved that joke.

the 2 level theatre on 68th street? That's where i saw it too. There were jews there???

just kidding. Pretty obvious when the whole theatre hissed at the mel gibson preview...

I thought possibly the funnies part of the movie was when the horse fell down right at the end of the anthem scene. You only saw it for like half a second, but it was just hilarious. Apparently, that wasn't staged...the horse somehow got upset at all the booing, but it just worked out so perfectly.

That half a second scene, and the bear head in the fridge were just hilarious.