Bob Weir Cancels Tour Dates - Health Related

Bobby has looked tired for a few years now, atleast from the times I've seen him. He was always very conscious of being in good health, so I wonder what it might be specifically?

59363[/snapback]

I'm never sure whether Bob looks "tired", or just "old."

As a personal note, on Thanksgiving Day 2003, I went with my 85-year-old father and my 5-year-old daugther on a hike at the top of Mt Tamalpais, in Marin County, CA. It was a misty, chilly day, and combined with the holiday, the normally crowded East Peak of the mountain was nearly empty. But as we walked along the trail, along came a group of three men, walking briskly while chatting and laughing joyfully. The man at the front of the pack? Bob Weir.

As a lifelong fan of All Things Dead, I greeted Bob warmly and thanked him for all the joy he's provided. He responded with equal warmth and thanked me right back. But the point of all this is to say that as Bob approached on that trail, and as he walked briskly away, he looked to be in absolute great health. I know that was almost a year ago, and a lot may have transpired since then, but I don't feel like this current situation is a matter of addiction or chronic, underlying health problems.