Trans Siberian Orchestra Tour 2006

LewPort71

TSO starts their tour tonight ( Charleston WV ) and I'll give a full report on Monday..

alas there is a huge conflict as the WVU vs. Louisville game is tonight too...

My WVU dau is going to text message me when WVU Scores...

Can't wait to hear it. Have fun!

822980[/snapback]

Our firm has season tix to the Pond (Honda Center....whatever) in Anaheim. TSO comes every year. I've gotten in the pool every year since I've been here and lost each time. I feel lucky this year.

Our firm has season tix to the Pond (Honda Center....whatever) in Anaheim.  TSO comes every year.  I've gotten in the pool every year since I've been here and lost each time.  I feel lucky this year.

822997[/snapback]

Buy some damn tickets you cheap bastard.

Duey,,The TSO show was great...If you have seen them in the past, the set list is the same...But they had more lights, lasers and the pyrotechnics at the end are great.....2 hours 30 minutes of concert time...

We were three rows from the stage and about 8 rows from the floor...

At one time there were 25 performers on the stage ..Including the chorus and strings..

My only suggestion would have been to have a screen behind the stage and show the video of the LIGHTS in Ohio that were set to "Wizards in Winter". That would have been a nice touch....

And they mentioned the WVU --UL game that was going on at the same time...

My dau text messaged me the scores as the game progressed..

A friend works security at the concert place and he said TSO has THE biggest stage he had ever seen,.......

So if you haven't bought your tickets yet....GO !!!

Duey,,The TSO show was great...If you have seen them in the past, the set list is the same...But they had more lights, lasers and the pyrotechnics at the end are great.....2 hours 30 minutes of concert time...

We were  three rows from the stage and about 8 rows from the floor...

At one time there were 25 performers on the stage ..Including the chorus and strings..

My only suggestion would have been to have a screen behind the stage and show the video of the LIGHTS in Ohio that were set to "Wizards in Winter". That would  have been a nice touch....

And they  mentioned the  WVU --UL  game that was going on at the same time...

My dau text  messaged me the scores as the game progressed..

A friend works security at the concert place and he said TSO has THE biggest stage he had ever seen,.......

So if you haven't  bought your tickets yet....GO !!!

826611[/snapback]

Thanks for the recap! This will be my third time seeing them. Did they do much from the very overdue Nightcastle album?

There was no mention of "NightCastle" and every thing they played was from the previous CDs....except for "Layla"...which they played after the short break where they introduce all the members of the orchestra...

< Make note to self ...Watch for "NightCastle" >

and there was no children's chorus either...

I'll be going to my first TSO concert on Dec 23rd. What is the one "must have" cd of theirs, so I can get more familar with their music?

827285[/snapback]

Christmas Eve and Other Stories. It's the main part of the show (and a very touching story).

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Other-Stor...ie=UTF8&s=music

My favorite song is "Old City Bar."

Enjoy the show - it's awesome!

CW

There was no mention of  "NightCastle" and every thing they played was from the previous CDs....except  for "Layla"...which they played after the short break where they introduce all the members of the orchestra...

< Make note to self ...Watch for "NightCastle" >

and there was no children's chorus either...

827143[/snapback]

Interesting. I saw them two years ago and they played a couple of things from Nightcastle, which was supposed to be released in 2005, then 2006, and now 2007. :blink: