Why throw an entire season away because of one!

DeLuca1967

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy will change his opinion and become a Losman Homer when the Bills become a competitve team again and Losman is still the starting QB. Just read his posts on the Sabres Board from before last season. Oh, and don't get him started on Andrew Peters or Daniel Briere (or B-rod as he likes to call him)

I was listening to Joe D on WGR last Sunday. He makes a great point. Losman has never earned the chances he's getting right know. He's getting the chance because TD spent a first on him. If he was a third round pick he wouldn't be seeing the field.

819482[/snapback]

WRONG. He earned the starting job this season in training camp, not because TD spent a 1st round on him...Marv doesn't have to play JP for the fact that he did not draft him. In training camp and pre-season he was clearly better than Holcomb

and Nall. If everyone thinks Nall is better, wouldn't the coaching staff have at least elevated the guy to #2 ? Everyone knows Holcomb is a backup.

As I have said in so many other posts, this team is losing not just because of the QB. There are problems with WRs not getting separation, dropping passes, OL having problems, Defense not able to stop the run etc.....The last time I checked the Pats-Bills scoreboard, the Pats had 28 points.

This guy will change his opinion and become a Losman Homer when the Bills become a competitve team again and Losman is still the starting QB. Just read his posts on the Sabres Board from before last season. Oh, and don't get him started on Andrew Peters or Daniel Briere (or B-rod as he likes to call him)

820994[/snapback]

Wow. What a foreign concept. Basing opinions on actual results and altering that opinion when the results change. How crazy does that sound?

WRONG. He earned the starting job this season in training camp, not because TD spent a 1st round on him...Marv doesn't have to play JP for the fact that he did not draft him.  In training camp and pre-season he was clearly better than Holcomb

and Nall.  If everyone thinks Nall is better, wouldn't the coaching staff have at least elevated the guy to #2 ? Everyone knows Holcomb is a backup.

As I have said in so many other posts, this team is losing not just because of the QB.  There are problems with WRs not getting separation, dropping passes, OL having problems, Defense not able to stop the run etc.....The last time I checked the Pats-Bills scoreboard, the Pats had 28 points.

821229[/snapback]

Please! That was like the Boss's girlfriend wins the grand prize at the company party. Sure! Everyone's name is in the hat. But you knew who was going to win.

And let's be truthful here. Being better than Holcomb and Nall is not what you want to base the future of the franchise on.

Look at the Losman numbers I posted above. I can only provide the facts. I can't make you believe them. If I could I would be running the Democratic National Party,

impeaching Bush and getting our troops home before anymore die. :pirate:

Wow. What a foreign concept. Basing opinions on actual results and altering that opinion when the results change. How crazy does that sound?

821445[/snapback]

That doesn't sound crazy at all. What does sound crazy is somebody slamming every aspect of a team(& player) because they are not performing.....even stating that players/management etc will NEVER be any good & arguing vehemently about the opinions.....& then when they defy said opinion, turn around & cheer them on.

If you know that it is a possibility that you could be wrong(therefore able to change based on the actual results).....don't argue so strongly that future improvements are impossible.

That doesn't sound crazy at all.  What does sound crazy is somebody slamming every aspect of a team(& player) because they are not performing.....even stating that players/management etc will NEVER be any good & arguing vehemently about the opinions.....& then when they defy said opinion, turn around & cheer them on.

If you know that it is a possibility that you could be wrong(therefore able to change based on the actual results).....don't argue so strongly that future improvements are impossible.

821586[/snapback]

I think the Bills will be good again once they go out and get an actual GM in place. Not a feel good story. Levy has already dropped the ball by not addressing the lines. Triplett was a joke. I said it back when they signed 'Larry Turnstile'. This team has no lines and no QB. I don't see very much to be positive about. Hell, Peerless Price is your #2 receiver. That alone tells you how low the talent level is on this team. Levy, if he is the GM, had plenty of cap room and a very good draft position. There is no reason for the team to be as bad as it is. If it were not for the Dolphins they might have been the worst team in the NFL.

Please! That was like the Boss's girlfriend wins the grand prize at the company party. Sure! Everyone's name is in the hat. But you knew who was going to win.

And let's be truthful here. Being better than Holcomb and Nall is not what you want to base the future of the franchise on.

Look at the Losman numbers I posted above. I can only provide the facts. I can't make you believe them. If I could I would be running the Democratic National Party,

impeaching Bush and getting our troops home before anymore die. :P

821450[/snapback]

You can think it that way if you want.....I still understand why Jauron/Levy would WANT losman to win the job rather than have the best player win the job.

Losman can only compete with who is around.....He can't help if Leinart is not in the Bills camp competing for a starting job.

Now...Your 3rd statement is funny....I never said anything about Losmans stats during the regular season and you drag Losmans regular season #s into the argument...THe question was did Losman win the job during training camp and the fact is YES he did.

I want Losman to succeed for two things...One this franchise nneds a turnaround quickly. Going the rookie QB route again next year will be really hard for this team to go to the playoffs quickly...Second, we really need stability at that position to build the OL at the next step.....If we are going to go after a QB next season by giving up draft picks or big signing bonus, that will impact what talent we can pick on the OL. Plus, I am really sick of the revolving door we have at that position without giving time for the QB to settle and play.....

821445[/snapback]

Do you get good excercise walking behind the bandwagon?

And technically Marv did address the lines this year, but like previous years the results weren't as positive as we would have liked. on the D he brought in Triplett who was one of the top D-linemen available, Drafted McCargo, and a 1st round linemen. On the offence he brought in Reyes, a decent linemen previously part of a very good o-line, Fowler, a good centre who was an upgrade over what we had, and drafted a couple of late round linemen

Idiot. Most people realize that quarterbacks take quite a bit of time to develop, and the ONLY way to develop them is to play them.

Let's be truthful - you have no clue.

impeaching Bush and getting our troops home before anymore die. :P

821450[/snapback]

Idiot. Most people realize that quarterbacks take quite a bit of time to develop, and the ONLY way to develop them is to play them.

Let's be truthful - you have no clue.

821919[/snapback]

Which is why he's a prime candidate for the ignore button. I've learned. Let his thread die, folks.

I guess the difference between you and I is that you are willing to sit through nine more games of this. I'm ready to move on. I've seen enough. I don't think Losman will magically learn how to play QB in the NFL in nine weeks.

819628[/snapback]

Oh really? Is this based on your vast QB evaluation skills and years of studying QB tape? Or maybe you were an NFL QB yourself. Are you an NFL scout, or coach QBs professionally?

Kind of agree with a few points... JP has been given a lot of 1st team work in practice as well as being the starter. Shown some progress, however has shown more regression. How long do they wait on him?

Second — this problems of this season are not solely on Losman. Granted he has some DUMB turnovers. But when you have a team losing games 3 games by 8 points or less. Something has to be said about the defense. One or two drives stopped could mean the Bills have three more wins. Much better situation to be in. Other problem area that hurts Losman would be the o-line. Only thing to say is absolutely horrible. They only give him about what... 1.5 seconds to get rid of the ball?

All in all who knows. I like the fact that Brady Quinn could be a Bill next year if things keep going this way. But I also think that JP could pick some teams apart if he was given 2-3 seconds, not the 1.5 he gets now. Again a three win change in the other direction... 5-2 would be nice. :P

Kind of agree with a few points... JP has been given a lot of 1st team work in practice as well as being the starter.  Shown some progress, however has shown more regression.  How long do they wait on him?

822000[/snapback]

Now when you refer to regression, what are we talking about, regression from the way he was playing this year early on, or regression from his play last year?

If you take away turnovers, he has been putting up good numbers. He has been playing alot better then last year which shows improvement.

I have a feeling that the coaches believe in Losman and he has shown them enough to prove he is the starter and that is why they made other changes during the Bye and not at the QB position. They seem to stand firm when it comes to the qb position and that they are sold on Losman, unlike the media and some fans.

Now when you refer to regression, what are we talking about, regression from the way he was playing this year early on, or regression from his play last year?

If you take away turnovers, he has been putting up good numbers. He has been playing alot better then last year which shows improvement.

I have a feeling that the coaches believe in Losman and he has shown them enough to prove he is the starter and that is why they made other changes during the Bye and not at the QB position. They seem to stand firm when it comes to the qb position and that they are sold on Losman, unlike the media and some fans.

822034[/snapback]

You can't take away turnovers. It's like saying "Take away the sacks and Rob Johnson is a solid NFL QB".

Turnovers are a big part of Losman's game. Maybe the biggest. You take away turnovers from any QB and they would all be in the Hall of Fame.

Considering Levy and Jouron's record with QB's I don't think it's a good thing. When did Levy every have to draft a QB and bring him along? Don't say Kelly. You would be wrong. He was a Bills draft pick before Levy came along. And Ted Marchibroda (sp?) did all the coaching that made Kelly a HOF'er. And Jouron? What QB did he help rise to stardom?

The fact that Levy and Jouron are no QB experts makes them being "sold" on Losman another reason to think Losman doesn't have what it takes. :P