What I want to see from JP

I want him to win a game. Here are some numbers:

In his 16 games, the Bills have scored 217 points.

The last team to score less over a season was the expansion Texans in 2002.

In 7 games last year, Kelly Holcomb scored 160 points with the same offense.

In their 6-game winning streak in 2004, the Bills scored 228 points.

The Bills are 4-12 in those games. In the four victories, the defense allowed 3, 6, 7, and 12 points.

The Bills have scored 3, 6, 7, 7, 7, 9, 10, 14, 16, 16, 17, 17, 17, 20, 22, and 23 in his starts.

Just to be clear. I want nothing to do with Kelly Holcomb. And I don't want to see JP benched right now. But I want to see progress in points. Breaking th 25-pt. barrier. Winning a game that the defense doesn't win for us. I want him to do do what Matt Leinert did against Chicago (what? they blew that?). And sometime down the road, maybe during this season, maybe before next, I want management to be prepared to make a change if he doesn't progress in this area.

I think that sometimes this can be attributed to coaching philosophies! If the current braintrust doesn't have that type of confidence in him yet, then he will remain a "game manager" at this point in time. I do believe that it is HIGH TIME to take the kid gloves off of JP and see if he is indeed capable of what you speak!! I must tell you however, I was thinking this same thing against the Lions, and really thought that that game could have been a glimmer of things to come IF JP had gotten his hands on that ball with 2:00 minutes(or more) to go..... I guess it really is a team game. I'm still upset that the "D" didn't give him a chance!

If JP had not overthrown the reciever by 8 yards on that bomb close to the end of the game, we would have scored.

Do you think in those 7 games Holcomb played in last year, the coaches took the "kid gloves" off of Kelly?

I think Tortured Soul has a legitimate point. JP's passing percentage is good, but drives seem to bog down once we get past about the 40. (This could be to play calling too, but not buyintg it.) Late in the game Brady and JP's stats were were almost identical, except Brady had 2 TDs and 0 picks, whereas JP had 0 TDs and 1 pick. Brady was able to hit his long pass for a TD, whereas JP's was 8 yards long. <_< I too think that if JP could improve in some parts of the game, the points would too. If our points could improve even just a little, wins would too.

If JP had not overthrown the reciever by 8 yards on that bomb close to the end of the game, we would have scored.

Do you think in those 7 games Holcomb played in last year, the coaches took the "kid gloves" off of Kelly?

I think Tortured Soul has a legitimate point.  JP's passing percentage is good, but drives seem to bog down once we get past about the 40. (This could be to play calling too, but not  buyintg it.)  Late in the game Brady and JP's stats were were almost identical, except Brady had 2 TDs and 0 picks, whereas JP had 0 TDs and 1 pick.  Brady was able to hit his long pass for a TD, whereas JP's was 8 yards long. <_<   I too think that if JP could improve in some parts of the game, the points would too.  If our points could improve even just a little, wins would too.

817872[/snapback]

Tom Brady missed two wide open receivers deep in the first freakin' quarter. Losman missed one, big deal.

Hell, Brady has completed 38 % of his passes past 10 yards this season. Losman 43%. So what? If you're going to use Brady as the standard to which Losman fails to reach, you should at least use aspects of the game that Brady is better at. There are many.

Tom Brady missed two wide open receivers deep in the first freakin' quarter. Losman missed one, big deal.

Hell, Brady has completed 38 % of his passes past 10 yards this season. Losman 43%. So what? If you're going to use Brady as the standard to which Losman fails to reach, you should at least use aspects of the game that Brady is better at. There are many.

817880[/snapback]

Someone a few posts up said that JP would have to decide to score on his own. I was just trying to point out that JP had a golden opportunity to score a TD but overthrew his target. JP has great stats, don't get me wrong. Personally I think if they leave him in and go with him next year, the offense will jell and get more consistent.

JP had a better percentage past 10 yards. WOW. Brady may have gone for a lower pecentage, but he was able to complete 2 td passes where as JP did none. That's my point. Stats are nice, but wins are better. In the only stat that really matters, JP is 28% while Brady is 83%. NE is a better team, true, but a little bit better play by JP in key spots, and he could be 71% or so, that's all.

I'm not trying to dog JP. We just need more points. Like I said, if he could perform a little better in key spots, we'd score more points and win more games. Thats what we all want.

Points don't mean anything on how good a QB is. A QB has to have a good team around them to succeed and score points, unless JP just decides to score them all himself.

817817[/snapback]

:P Chewbacca is a Wookie 0:)

According to Tortured numbers JP averages 13.5 points per game and Holcomb averages 22.8 points per game

With the same team

And points don't mean anything for a QB? :lol: