J P nonsense

vegas55

Is there no middle ground between all pro and JP's current play?

816201[/snapback]

Yes, but the question is...."Is JPs current level of play acceptable, all things considered?"

There is a heap of middle ground between JP's performance level last year(which was absolutely terrible) & all pro level. JP is playing somewhere in between...which seems to change play to play. One play he looks magnificent(Lions TD pass to RP)....the next he looks awful(your choice here).

To me it seems that people expect him to play without errors.

I expect errors from every QB.

I expect more from those with bad OLs.

I expect more from those without much game experience.

What do you expect?

If you go through the play-by-plays, you will find that most times this season, our drives have been stopped by players other than JP(though he obviously is the cause of some). Catches are dropped, stupid penalties are caused, stupid plays are called, blocks are missed causing blindside sacks, WRs are running a yard short of the 3rd down line. He has a 61.9% completion rate. When should he be completing his 'extra' passes? What completion percentage does he need to be considered in the average range???

YES, there is a huge difference between very good & very bad. JP is in the middle there just as his QBR reflects......& don't give me no schit about fumbles.....YES he fumbles & if he keeps on doing so he will fail as an NFL starter QB. That does not mean the rest of his game has not shown enough improvement for it to be ridiculous to call for his replacement at this point.

BTW the great C.Palmer has fumbled 8 times in 6 games....JP has fumbled 8 times in 7 games.

Again I ask people....

What performance level do you expect from JP at this point?

Again I ask people....

What performance level do you expect from JP at this point?

816302[/snapback]

Woo Hoo! Good post. I think we elevated our sights for JP and for the team too quickly (not realizing Miami was a bad team), and his progress is much better than any level where I would abandon ship and start looking at the 2007 draft class. The next nine games will tell, but I like his chances.

I'm always one who wonders what would have happened IF someone like JP Losman had gone to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2004 NFL Draft? I'd venture to say that his maturity level would NOT have been brought into debate nearly as often as they are with a woeful team called the Buffalo Bills! I, for one, would like to see him play a FULL season (preferably 2007) with a soon-to-be dominant O-line (it's NOT done overnight!) and a viable 2nd reciever and a legitimate pass catching TE, somewhat akin to say Jeremy Shockey or Heath Miller. Now, if he STILL comes out of that scenario looking dazed and confused, I'm ALL FOR PULLING THE PLUG!! By the way, other teams pay vastly more for QB's, so I think the Buffalo Bills, in the eventuality that JPL doesn't "pan out", can afford a free agent/ trade/ draft option for a bonified starter, without question!

I don't think too many people (if any?) are trying to run JP out of town. We can be critical and yet people call it "bashing" and JP "haters". That is the nonsense. Fans are allowed to be critical. We are all Bills fans...we ALL want JP to get better and succeed.

During the last 9 games, JP gets to play some weak defenses like Green Bay, Houston, Jets, Miami, Tennessee and a marginal Indianapolis Colts defense. Two tough teams (Jacksonville & San Diego) are home so hopefully those won't be horrible games and the other tough game is at Baltimore.

I want to see JP play those 9 games and i want to see him improve for the most part. I don't need to see 300 yds and 2 TD's every week but i want to see some 3rd down conversions, red zone efficiency, and a few games in there where he is not responsible for any turnovers.

When JP is the ONLY Bills player screwing up, then I'll call for his head.  By the looks of it, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

816087[/snapback]

Exactly, there is a hell of a lot more wrong with this team than just the QB.

We have:

OLine that can't block for the run or pass.

Receivers that can't get open.

Defense that can't stop the run.

CB that can't cover.

Defense that can't get off the field in critical situations.

There is a lot more wrong with this team. If we change QB's absolutely nothing will change.

The Bills' second half schedule is so charmin soft that I expect Losman to improve his play significantly. Add to that, young teams like the Bills almost always regroup and get better after a bye. I fully expect the Bills to extract at least 4 more wins from their schedule this season (which pushes them way out of Joe Thomas / Calvin Johnson range). But if they don't, and if JP doesn't improve, I hope the Bills replace him in the offseason or at least bring in major competition for the job.

Having this kid work out and be our QB of the future is a much faster way to winning and success than starting over this off season and spending draft picks or free agent dollars on an area that we hoped to have covered.  I think he needs a very critical and realistic appraisal after this season in case he is not our QB of the future in the end, but until then I'm going to be behind him all the way whether beating Minnesota or getting smoked by Chicago and New England.

816295[/snapback]

Well said.

:lol:  Although the jury is still out on JP, it is nonsesnse to give up on him now. This is only in effect his second year, and has a brand new offensive scheme this year, but still has a respectable QB rating half way into the season.  This behind an O line so bad it has to be completely re shuffled in mid seaon. This is almost never done, and shows just how pathetic the line is. Nobody succeeds behind line play like that.

In two games against the Pats this year JP had two fumbles and one interception. In those same two games, Tom Brady had two fumbles and one interception.

Watch the Jets v Lions game, compare how much time Pennington had to throw compared to how much time JP had v Lions

815980[/snapback]

I agree, but as you will be flamed for you opinion like everyone else's. Being reasonable has no place on this board.