J P nonsense

vegas55

:blink: Although the jury is still out on JP, it is nonsesnse to give up on him now. This is only in effect his second year, and has a brand new offensive scheme this year, but still has a respectable QB rating half way into the season. This behind an O line so bad it has to be completely re shuffled in mid seaon. This is almost never done, and shows just how pathetic the line is. Nobody succeeds behind line play like that.

In two games against the Pats this year JP had two fumbles and one interception. In those same two games, Tom Brady had two fumbles and one interception.

Watch the Jets v Lions game, compare how much time Pennington had to throw compared to how much time JP had v Lions

:blink:  Although the jury is still out on JP, it is nonsesnse to give up on him now. This is only in effect his second year, and has a brand new offensive scheme this year, but still has a respectable QB rating half way into the season.  This behind an O line so bad it has to be completely re shuffled in mid seaon. This is almost never done, and shows just how pathetic the line is. Nobody succeeds behind line play like that.

In two games against the Pats this year JP had two fumbles and one interception. In those same two games, Tom Brady had two fumbles and one interception.

Watch the Jets v Lions game, compare how much time Pennington had to throw compared to how much time JP had v Lions

815980[/snapback]

Correction:

Brady 3 fumbles, 1 INT

Losman 4 fumbles, 1 INT

i'm so sick of the "its only his second year"/"he's only had bla bla bla starts" argument. he sucks right now, however, we shouldn't give up yet. stick with him for the entire season. if he shows some progress with the shuffling of the line then try him next year with the short leash, but you absolutely do not pull him mid season this year.

Yep, he needs to stay in there. MAYBE pull him for the last two games in favor of Nall if he's clearly just not getting it done, but not before then.

I'd play JP the rest of the season because at this point it is a win-win situation.

Either:

1 - JP makes a miraculous turnaround and we find out we're set at QB.

2 - More likely, JP continues to be aweful, the Bills continue to lose ensuring a better draft pick, and we can end the Losman experiment knowing he had two seasons (with a third having the sole responsibility of learning the offense) to show even a glimmer of promise.

:blink:  Although the jury is still out on JP, it is nonsesnse to give up on him now. This is only in effect his second year, and has a brand new offensive scheme this year, but still has a respectable QB rating half way into the season.  This behind an O line so bad it has to be completely re shuffled in mid seaon. This is almost never done, and shows just how pathetic the line is. Nobody succeeds behind line play like that.

815980[/snapback]

The things you bring up aren't the reason why most of us are sceptical about JP.Its the little things that he does or doesnt do to screw thinmgs up that are troubling. Sacks happen.Intercepts happen.Its the context in which they happened and thee other million things/decisions which make up QB play are what we comment on. So far it doesnt look good. Its OK for one to have that opinion . Comparisons of Brady to him are ridiculous.

Yes--we can factor in our bad O line when evaluating a QB.Its what you can do after playing and /or watching football for decades like many of us have.

The things you bring up aren't the reason why most of us are sceptical about JP.Its the little things that he does or doesnt do to screw thinmgs up that are troubling. Sacks happen.Intercepts happen.Its the context in which they happened and thee other million things/decisions which make up QB play are what we comment on. So far it doesnt look good. Its OK for one to have that opinion . Comparisons of Brady to him are ridiculous.

Yes--we can factor in our bad O line when evaluating a QB.Its what you can do after playing and /or watching football for  decades like many of us have.

816092[/snapback]

Nobody is comparing Brady to JP. If every QB brought in here is judged by the standards JP is being judged by they are doomed to failure. Any young QB is going to struggle, especially with an awful O line. The Mannig brothers both struggled big time, and Eli still does, even with a great O line.

Typically the nitwit fans were whining about not drafting Lienart after his one good performance v Bears. Don't hear that this week after he was terrible v Raiders. So draft Brady Quinn and call for his benching when he is not an all pro by his second year

i'm so sick of the "its only his second year"/"he's only had bla bla bla starts" argument.  he sucks right now, however, we shouldn't give up yet.  stick with him for the entire season.  if he shows some progress with the shuffling of the line then try him next year with the short leash, but you absolutely do not pull him mid season this year.

815986[/snapback]

yeah what you said. The excuses at this point are where it's just not flying for lack of inexperience. No ones asking him to be peyton manning, but damn at least show you're not rob johnson. Show some kind of spark down the stretch then by all means give him a short leash chance next season, with some more upgrades around him.

:lol:  Although the jury is still out on JP, it is nonsesnse to give up on him now. This is only in effect his second year, and has a brand new offensive scheme this year, but still has a respectable QB rating half way into the season.  This behind an O line so bad it has to be completely re shuffled in mid seaon. This is almost never done, and shows just how pathetic the line is. Nobody succeeds behind line play like that.

815980[/snapback]

Brady 2 wins

Losman 0 wins

What else matters?

Brady 2 wins

Losman 0 wins

What else matters?

816192[/snapback]

Are qb wins an official stat like pitcher wins in baseball? Here I was thinking that football was a team sport. :lol:

Thanks for telling me otherwise. For the record Brady is better then losman and probably every other qb in the nfl, but he also has one hell of a talented team around him, while Losman simply does not.

I'd play JP the rest of the season because at this point it is a win-win situation.

Either:

1 - JP makes a miraculous turnaround and we find out we're set at QB.

2 - More likely, JP continues to be aweful, the Bills continue to lose ensuring a better draft pick, and we can end the Losman experiment knowing he had two seasons (with a third having the sole responsibility of learning the offense) to show even a glimmer of promise.

816091[/snapback]

Considering that most of us knew this wasn't a playoff season, I have to agree with you.

But your opening statement makes me feel that you are a VERY optimistic person.

Honestly, it's a WIN/LOSE/LOSE BIG scenario...

1) He turns out to be a good QB

2) He continues to suck and the Bills now have to draft another QB of the future, thus putting them 3 more years away from contention

3) We have to keep listening to that idiot who's on with Howard Simon on WGR getting defensive about Losman. That guy reminds me of Chuck Dickerson when he used to yell at people who dared to criticize Rob Johnson. Great football minds seem to grow like spores over at WGR...

When JP is the ONLY Bills player screwing up, then I'll call for his head.  By the looks of it, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

816087[/snapback]

Exactly.....When the day dawns when he is killing this teams chances to win a ball game, he can take a hike.

Nall is not good enough to be considered right now. We stick with JP for 9 more games, and this off season hope he has improved enough to be solid and not need to waste our resources on starting over. Rooting against JP or calling for his head now is not going to help anything, and this kid has the talent to be a good QB.

Despite the struggles of the O-Line and other things he has improved from a 49% completion percentage to a 60% completion percentage. He has the big arm and the running ability even though he hasn't been using them much recently.

He has fewer INTs than Kitna, Eli Manning, Frye, Grossman, Rothleisberger, McNair, Harrington, Plummer, and Hasselback.

I don't think his fumbles are something he cannot cure, but he better keep two damn hands on the ball until he is ready to throw from now on. He has five lost fumbles, which are more than Brady's 2, McNabb's 2, Delhomme's 3, Brees's 2, Favre's 3, Pennington's 2, Palmer's 4, Grossman's 2, Carr's 3, Huard's 4, Warner's 3, but all those numbers show that lost fumbles are a part of QB life, especially when blindsided, as depressing as each one actually is. Imagine what would have been written here if it was JP instead of Brady to give up the ball and 7 points on the first play of the season...

JP needs to do better, has played terribly at times, and has been frustrating. He can't fall back on excuses of youth and lack of experience, but I still expect him to get much better as he plays more (unlike Holcomb, for example). The kid has the ability to be a good QB, and I hope that he can progress consistently over the next 9 games and get a lot of support from the Bills faithful.

Having this kid work out and be our QB of the future is a much faster way to winning and success than starting over this off season and spending draft picks or free agent dollars on an area that we hoped to have covered. I think he needs a very critical and realistic appraisal after this season in case he is not our QB of the future in the end, but until then I'm going to be behind him all the way whether beating Minnesota or getting smoked by Chicago and New England.

When JP is the ONLY Bills player screwing up, then I'll call for his head.  By the looks of it, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

816087[/snapback]

I'm a big JP backer, but I think that is a silly comment. When there is a better option to get this team back to the playoffs and try to win a Super Bowl (including the downgrade by the resources we invest in that new opportunity) JP can take a hike. I care much more about the Bills' future than Losman's future if I have to choose. He doesn't have to wait until he is the ONLY one screwing up.

But I think that I'd rather have JP's growing pains on this young team than Drew Brees (and his contract dollars I'd rather spend on the O Line) or Matt Leinart (and a hole at safety without Whitner).