JP bashers

coltrane34

An excellent post. Yes, the Bills have problems on offense that go beyond the QB. But a good QB can still make a difference. Last night, the Cowboys' line couldn't block anyone. Yet their offense came to life when Romo was inserted instead of Drew. If you take away Romo's three boneheaded interceptions, it would have been a magnificent performance.

Even when the supporting cast plays poorly, you can still tell the difference between good and bad QB play.

816033[/snapback]

Aah....how convinient.....Take away the INTs in the case of Romo....but the sole reason why Losman sucks is because of his INTs and Fumbles....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aah....how convinient.....Take away the INTs in the case of Romo....but the sole reason why Losman sucks is because of his INTs and Fumbles....

816228[/snapback]

But I believe part of the point was that you can tell a good QB by watching.

Ever see Elway's stats? He had a lot of seasons with stats that didn't look great. But he was never worse than top 5 for his entire career. Any smart fan could tell this.

It's starting to smell like Rob Johnson part 2 around here. Everyone gets so touchy if someone criticizes a player that they have committed themselves to defending.

My attitude is that JP has to play the rest of the season so we can see if he has what it takes. I have yet to see much from him, but let's finish off 2006.

But I believe part of the point was that you can tell a good QB by watching. 

Ever see Elway's stats?  He had a lot of seasons with stats that didn't look great.  But he was never worse than top 5 for his entire career.  Any smart fan could tell this. 

I'm glad someone around here got what I was trying to say.

I'll agree with the qualification raised by Dibs, in that a QB can look artificially good for his first few starts, because nobody has any film on him. Rob Johnson's start for Jacksonville is the textbook example of this. Time will tell if the same could also be said for Losman's first few games in the Fairchild offense.

I'm glad someone around here got what I was trying to say.

I'll agree with the qualification raised by Dibs, in that a QB can look artificially good for his first few starts, because nobody has any film on him. Rob Johnson's start for Jacksonville is the textbook example of this. Time will tell if the same could also be said for Losman's first few games in the Fairchild offense.

816298[/snapback]

Fair enough.

Look, I think you have to get Losman this year & probably next year. There have been too many qbs in this league recently that their teams gave up on & have become success stories(Delhome, Hasselback, Brees even a guy like Garcia). With that being said, next year in the draft, I do believe the bills will be drafting in the top 6. You take the best offensive lineman(probably the kid from Wisconsin) but if you have a chance to get Brady Quinn, Levy dam well better take him. This kid is a legitimate franchise qb. George Young once said, if a franchise Qb gets dropped in your lap come draft day, you better take him or you will regret that decision for the next 10yrs.

Look, I think you have to get Losman this year & probably next year.  There have been too many qbs in this league recently that their teams gave up on & have become success stories(Delhome, Hasselback, Brees even a guy like Garcia).  With that being said, next year in the draft, I do believe the bills will be drafting in the top 6.  You take the best offensive lineman(probably the kid from Wisconsin) but if you have a chance to get Brady Quinn, Levy dam well better take him.  This kid is a legitimate franchise qb.  George Young once said, if a franchise Qb gets dropped in your lap come draft day, you better take him or you will regret that decision for the next 10yrs.

817665[/snapback]

I think Losman has played himself right out of Buffalo.Marv passed on a qb this off season(draft) to give Losman a shot.Well hes had his chance and,hes proven that he is a perrinal loser.Cant win with this kid so i think its safe to say Marv will show him the door at the end of the season.

Look, I think you have to get Losman this year & probably next year.  There have been too many qbs in this league recently that their teams gave up on & have become success stories(Delhome, Hasselback, Brees even a guy like Garcia).  With that being said, next year in the draft, I do believe the bills will be drafting in the top 6.  You take the best offensive lineman(probably the kid from Wisconsin) but if you have a chance to get Brady Quinn, Levy dam well better take him.  This kid is a legitimate franchise qb.  George Young once said, if a franchise Qb gets dropped in your lap come draft day, you better take him or you will regret that decision for the next 10yrs.

817665[/snapback]

The best thing that could happen to the Bills is Jp gets hurt and is out for the remander of the season.Give this Nall kid a chance,we got him from G.B to sit on the bench?Jp has proven he is a perrinal loser and cannot win in the NFL.Lets see if Nall can play before the offseason so we can figure out where the Bills need to go in the draft.

I think Losman has played himself right out of Buffalo.Marv passed on a qb this off season(draft) to give Losman a shot.Well hes had his chance and,hes proven that he is a perrinal loser.Cant win with this kid so i think its safe to say Marv will show him the door at the end of the season.

817674[/snapback]

The Bills won't draft a QB in the 1st round IMO. Losman will finish the year and probably start the next year but with more of a short leash. I wouldn't be suprised to see another TC battle between him and Nall next year. If he starts and doesn't work out, Nall will get every chance to prove himself.

We'll draft a QB in the 4th or 5th round next year to develop (maybe we'll get lucky, who knows?) and be the 3rd string QB. Holcomb is out next year.

You take the best offensive lineman(probably the kid from Wisconsin) but if you have a chance to get Brady Quinn, Levy dam well better take him.  This kid is a legitimate franchise qb.  George Young once said, if a franchise Qb gets dropped in your lap come draft day, you better take him or you will regret that decision for the next 10yrs.

817665[/snapback]

I think that Losman is in A LOT less danger of being cut than many here believe.

Marv made it very clear that he didn't want a 1st round qb last season. Next year, he will be 82, and Ralph 87 (?). This is my theory only, but I cannot imagine guys this old waiting for yet another qb to develop. They simply wouldn't appear to have the time to do so, and watch their team win any substantial number of games.

Otoh, I think that the grief JP might very well get is from the fans, and the local broadcasters who play to the masses. Fans were booing him on Sunday, and the guys on WGR were killng him.

Either way, a lot rides on JP. The Bills have been chasing qbs, dbs, and other little guys for a long time, and it has resulted in losses. If they feel compelled to continue to do so, more losses will surely ensue.

For the future of this team, I hope the kid improves.

I think that Losman is in A LOT less danger of being cut than many here believe.

Marv made it very clear that he didn't want a 1st round qb last season.

You may well be right, but I hope the Bills aren't as short-sighted as you describe. This team hasn't had a real QB since Jim Kelly left. We've tried too many half measures (Todd Collins, Billy Joe Hobart) and too many quick fixes (Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe). There have also been too many missed opportunities. The Bills could have traded up for Chad Pennington in 2000, but instead decided to draft Erik Flowers in the 1st, Travares Tillman in the 2nd, and Corey Moore in the 3rd. And just as the Bills decided to give Johnson another year back in 2000; they chose to give Losman another year this year. Time will tell if the lost Cutler/Leinart opportunity will be more or less painful than the lost Pennington opportunity turned out to be.

The problem the Bills have had at QB is twofold: because the position has been broken since Kelly left, the Bills have kept dumping draft picks into it. The second problem is that those draft picks have been invested unwisely, so we usually haven't had better results at QB than a low priced free agent such as Holcomb could have produced.

Yes, the Bills need to address the offensive line. But that does not negate the need for a quarterback. If Losman doesn't prove anything in the rest of the season, I sincerely hope the Bills address the position in the draft. Preferably with their first round pick.

I don't see them drafting an early qb rather then just sticking with Losman. Its been proven that you can win with an average QB (Baltimore has won a SB with an average QB, so has Tampa) as long as the Lines are strong and a very good Defence. Haveing a very good QB doesn't guarantee success. Culpepper was a good Qb in Minnesota and has no SB's, Vick is a good QB and has no SB's, McNabb has no SB wins and he's considered a good QB. Looking back, Marino never won the big game, same as Kelly.

I think they stick with JP until they build up the defence and the lines and then if he is the key holding them back, they look for a veteran or have a developing young late rounder ready to go at that time. It is easier to develop a QB when he has a top notch supporting cast around him.

There is no way they go with a bg name, High profile college QB early in the first with the shape this team is in right now because it will almost guarantee another flop. And i believe Marv and Dick are both smart enough to realise the problem does rest on the shoulder of the young QB, but on the guys lining up infront of him. Thats why they made those moves on the line this week and stated they will be sticking with Losman. This doesn't mean they think JP is the answer, just that they don't see him as the problem right now.

I believe you have a better chance of Nall starting next season then Brady Quinn in a Bills jersey next year