Dumbest week in Bills history

generaLee83

Yeah...I agree with the poster above.  That team had the benefit of a ridiculously easy second half schedule along with a few other things falling into place.  Bottom line - they didn't make the playoffs.  If Bledsoe was as great as you believe him to be, he would've shown up for that Pittsburgh game.

815792[/snapback]

This is pure revisionst history. In that stretch they beat some other mediocre and some cases bad teams. They beat 2 playoff teams and the Bungles who were 8-8. But don't forget that they lost 3 out of their first 4 losses by a total of 8 points. In the Jaguar game and the Raiders game we got hosed by the refs. As Tom Jackson says, you are what your record says you are. That team was 9-7 and knocking on the playoff door. A totally stupid time to rebuild. One of the DUMBEST weeks in BB history.

This is pure revisionst history.  In that stretch they beat some other mediocre and some cases bad teams.  They beat 2 playoff teams and the Bungles who were 8-8. But don't forget that they lost 3 out of their first 4 losses by a total of 8 points. In the Jaguar game and the Raiders game we got hosed by the refs.  As Tom Jackson says, you are what your record says you are.  That team was 9-7 and knocking on the playoff door.  A totally stupid time to rebuild.  One of the DUMBEST weeks in BB history.

815864[/snapback]

There is no change to history....We beat a Seattle team that went to the playoffs with a 9-7 record and were missing a few starters on that day. The fact was that during the streak of 6 wins at the end of the season, 4 were against the NFC West and 2 were against the Bengals and probably a bad 4-12 Miami team.

I did not say it was correct to rebuild.....I just said they were over-rated with all those wins, just like how Miami was overrated at the end of last season with 6 wins and was nominated as the SB representation from the AFC.....

It was probably wrong to let go off Bledsoe, but I doubt we would have won SB championship last year with Bledsoe and Pat williams still on the team...As far as I rememeber they were the main people who were let go other than Jennings who has been still injured for the 49ers.....

So, Willis brakes a huge gain on a shovel pass, his breakaway speed left something to be desired (like breakaway speed) but it was a huge gain and had the Pats on their heels, probably a bit winded and a bit off their mental game.

Now I would think that in this situation with the defense winded and mentally stunned it would be a good idea to go at them hard and score the damned TD with some ferocity and quickness. 

So what do the Bills do? (not sure who called it)

They call a god damned time out (sorry for the swear words but I'm mad).

They let the Pats regroup physically and mentally and allow them to prepare for whatever is coming next.

Then, I see JP Losman lined up as a WR and Josh Reed in at QB.  The play fails horribly of course as everyone in the stands knew that it would and the Bills then eventually settle for a field goal.

So, let's recap.  A big gain by WM, a timeout to lets the patsie's rest and then possible the worst trick play I've ever seen.  The Pats didn't buy it for a second as everyone knew that it was probably a run.

What has this team come to?  I know that somehow Mike Mularkey called that stupid play. 

This team can barely execute normal plays, let alone trick plays.  Also it seems that it's good to use a trick play when your normal offensive philosophy is actually working and the 'd' is expecting you to keep running normal plays but not in Buffalo.

This was the dumbest week I've ever seen in football

815184[/snapback]

You forgot a few things:

First there was an illegal shift negating a 1st to Evans

Then a delay of game

Then the shovel pass

timeout

direct snap to reed

willis run for 3 yards

JP fumble

:blink::(:D:w00t:

There is no change to history....We beat a Seattle team that went to the playoffs with a 9-7 record and were missing a few starters on that day.  The fact was that during the streak of 6 wins at the end of the season, 4 were against the NFC West and 2 were against the Bengals and probably a bad  4-12 Miami team. 

I did not say it was correct to rebuild.....I just said they were over-rated with all those wins, just like how Miami was overrated at the end of last season with 6 wins and was nominated as the SB representation from the AFC.....

It was probably wrong to let go off Bledsoe, but I doubt we would have won SB championship last year with Bledsoe and Pat williams still on the team...As far as I rememeber they were the main people who were let go other than Jennings who has been still injured for the 49ers.....

815936[/snapback]

You're right. Seattle was 9-7 and we trouced them. We were missing Travis henry who got hurt in that game too. I just think that bills fans like to kick that team around for some unknown reason. That team played way better than the sum of it's parts. After starting 0-4 with some very near misses with ref help, they didn't fold up like a lot of teams would. They dug deep and won a lot of games by sheer guts. Several had pics for TDs and punt and kick returns for TDs. That's not luck, thats a team that wants it real bad. Doubtful they would have won the SB XL if not busted up, but they sure would have been a lot more fun to watch than what we got now. That's my point.

I'm glad you agree witht me though that cutting Bledsoe was a mistake.

We had a delay of game penalty prior to this play. if we cant get the play and back to the line of scimmage after gaining no yards how are we suppose to get way down field get the play and than get to the line of scrimmage, Fortunalty they give us enough time outs for all of our big plays and then some!!

You forgot a few things:

First there was an illegal shift negating a 1st to Evans

Then a delay of game

Then the  shovel pass

timeout

direct snap to reed

willis run for 3 yards

JP fumble

:blink:  :(  :D  :w00t:

815951[/snapback]

While I'm glad you pointed out what I forgot it becomes even more stupid and tragic when viewed as a whole drive.

I forgot that JP fumbled on that drive

[i nominate the week when the "Bickering Bills" had JK and Chris Burkett get into major snit on the sidelines during a Monday night Game. Then cut CB even though he had a big game a couple of weeks before.

815740[/snapback]

I don't remember the details but how 'bout Thermal calling out Jim that same year. When asked what he felt the biggest weakness on the team was at the time...he calmly replied "quarterback." What a ruckus. That team, although later great, was a mess of egos.

So, Willis brakes a huge gain on a shovel pass, his breakaway speed left something to be desired (like breakaway speed) but it was a huge gain and had the Pats on their heels, probably a bit winded and a bit off their mental game.

Now I would think that in this situation with the defense winded and mentally stunned it would be a good idea to go at them hard and score the damned TD with some ferocity and quickness. 

So what do the Bills do? (not sure who called it)

They call a god damned time out (sorry for the swear words but I'm mad).

They let the Pats regroup physically and mentally and allow them to prepare for whatever is coming next.

Then, I see JP Losman lined up as a WR and Josh Reed in at QB.  The play fails horribly of course as everyone in the stands knew that it would and the Bills then eventually settle for a field goal.

So, let's recap.  A big gain by WM, a timeout to lets the patsie's rest and then possible the worst trick play I've ever seen.  The Pats didn't buy it for a second as everyone knew that it was probably a run.

What has this team come to?  I know that somehow Mike Mularkey called that stupid play. 

This team can barely execute normal plays, let alone trick plays.  Also it seems that it's good to use a trick play when your normal offensive philosophy is actually working and the 'd' is expecting you to keep running normal plays but not in Buffalo.

This was the dumbest week I've ever seen in football

815184[/snapback]

That sequence you mention is just a GLARING example of countless amounts of bad play by the Bills this year.-This is a frighteningly stupid team.

That happens all the time with teams after a long gain. It takes a while for everyone to get down field, huddled, and the play called on those big gainers--which is why they had to call timeout.

815636[/snapback]

It's the dumbest rule in the NFL. On long gaining running plays especially the refs do not allow the offense reasonable time to get reset. Why penalize a team that just had a tremendous offensive play? Did I say the NFL was dumb on this. I've been complaining about it for years. If it makes common sense, the NFL isn't interested.