How Perfect Was The "Ref" Fumble

There was no whistle; I watched the replay, and the ref didn't blow the play dead until after the hit.

That's why I don't think the hit was cheap - when a QB slides feet first, the ref blows the whistle to end the play immediately.  That didn't happen, so Brady is fair game in my book (as long as it's a tackle, and not a cheap show).

815217[/snapback]

Yep. If a qb doesn't slide feet first, he's just another ball carrier.

Your right, they protect kickers and QBs way too much

Marsha just sat down on the freakin field!!!!!!!!! JP should try that, anytime someone gets close, just sit down, this way if they attempt to come near you, its a penalty.

814074[/snapback]

Don't you know that such favors are reserved for the likes of Brady, Manning and the Vicks of the world.....JP will probably be called for a 10 yard penalty and loss of down for "Intentional Sitting"......

Don't you know that such favors are reserved for the likes of Brady, Manning and the Vicks of the world.....JP will probably be called for a 10 yard penalty and loss of down for "Intentional Sitting"......

815435[/snapback]

Of course, you have to protect the NFL's meal tickets.

It was a stupid move hitting him after he was down, but Brady deserved to end up like Big Ben did being carted off the field for just sitting down on the field. Talk about stupidity

Of course, you have to protect the NFL's meal tickets.

It was a stupid move hitting him after he was down, but Brady deserved to end up like Big Ben did being carted off the field for just sitting down on the field. Talk about stupidity

815444[/snapback]

he definitely deserves it just for the past 12 games or so against the bills, but i think the rest of it is just splitting hairs. he shouldn't have been hit, it was a stupid penalty to take at a very inopportune time.

Yep. If a qb doesn't slide feet first, he's just another ball carrier.

815324[/snapback]

I'm betting if you were to pile drive a receiver or RB like that you would draw the same penalty. I do agree protection of QBs is out of hand at times, but I don't think this was one of them.

I'm betting if you were to pile drive a receiver or RB like that you would draw the same penalty.  I do agree protection of QBs is out of hand at times, but I don't think this was one of them.

815550[/snapback]

But Brady wasn't pile drived. He was just tackled - not helmet-to-helmet, no spearing, nothing. Just tackled while he was on the ground.