Buffalo @ Montreal

Mile High

Swords are dangerous.  You might poke an eye out, banana peels are much safer.  Think of the children.

815216[/snapback]

I can see the "witty" sports headline now as the Sabres are one game away from elimination in the SC playoffs:

The Sabres Have One Foot in the Grave, the Other on Their Jerseys.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see them pull it off live. Oh, Montreal what can I say. There were actually more Sabres fans there than I thought there would be. Miller came out warly and sat on the bench with the arena almost empty. Our national anthem ended and it got booed for a good 15 seconds. Lucky none of them were sitting around me. When we got on our first power play, an old timer was watching our passing and our chemistry turns to me and says, "see now thats how a power play is supposed to look". It was a great day-night in Montreal and good to see our boys skate away with a win.

Oh and seriously:

The new uniforms (color scheme) is awesome. It looks 10x better live. Sluggo on the other hand, well...

Nice to see them pull it off live.  Oh, Montreal what can I say.  There were actually more Sabres fans there than I thought there would be.  Miller came out warly and sat on the bench with the arena almost empty.  Our national anthem ended and it got booed for a good 15 seconds.  Lucky none of them were sitting around me.  When we got on our first power play, an old timer was watching our passing and our chemistry turns to me and says, "see now thats how a power play is supposed to look".  It was a great day-night in Montreal and good to see our boys skate away with a win.

Oh and seriously:

The new uniforms (color scheme) is awesome.  It looks 10x better live.  Sluggo on the other hand, well...

815536[/snapback]

They booed our national athem? Wow that is a huge lack of class. ;)

It happens in both American and Canadien arenas.  It's just stupid people.

815574[/snapback]

I never heard the Canadian anthem booed. Not to say it doesn't happen, there are azzholes on both sides of the boarder. But the original post said they booed it for 15 seconds. That's pretty bad.

I never heard the Canadian anthem booed.  Not to say it doesn't happen, there are azzholes on both sides of the boarder.  But the original post said they booed it for 15 seconds.  That's pretty bad.

815578[/snapback]

I have, at a few basketball games. Anyways whoever does sh-- like that is a retard.

I have, at a few basketball games.  Anyways whoever does sh-- like that is a retard.

815581[/snapback]

I agree. During the player introductions (Sabres) Miller got boooooed waaay more than anyone else on the Sabres. Briere got cheered pretty well. Guess some French-Canadiens just don't like Americans or our government.

I agree.  During the player introductions (Sabres) Miller got boooooed waaay more than anyone else on the Sabres.  Briere got cheered pretty well.  Guess some French-Canadiens just don't like Americans or our government.

815584[/snapback]

Maybe... but booing a player is one thing, booing a countries anthem is another. Briere is treated like Lecavalier, someone we all wish we had playing for our team.

Maybe... but booing a player is one thing, booing a countries anthem is another.  Briere is treated like Lecavalier, someone we all wish we had playing for our team.

815585[/snapback]

You're a soccer fan so you may of heard this. When the US played in Mexico the fans where chanting Osama, Osama. ;)

Last years playoffs didn't San Jose Sharks fans boo the Canadian Anthem?

Booing anthems is a ridiculously ignorant statement.

815645[/snapback]

You're right they did. And it was very idiotic. It was the fans way of showing their hate for the Oilers but a poor way of doing it. You can boo a team all you want. Boo a player all you want. But don't boo a countries anthem, that's disrespect for a whole country.

You're a soccer fan so you may of heard this.  When the US played in Mexico the fans where chanting Osama, Osama.  :blink:

815601[/snapback]

Ya, I heard about that from AJ I believe. But they're Mexicans, what do you expect :D.

During this summer's world cup, the Germans booed the Italian national anthem. I didn't hold it against em though, I mean we stuck it to them good so I'll forget it. :(