Another Bad Loss

Bob in STL

I don't really know what the good news is. :doh:

I have been following this team since 1964-65, back when I was just a kid. In that time we have had more bad years than good years, more bad coaches than good coaches, more bad QBs than ones. I am used to being a Bills fan.

I am not sure what to think of JP. Our OL is just so bad that it is hard to judge him. He certainly is playing like a rookie, showing flashes of good talent but making more mistakes each week. I wonder about his leadership, his ability to complete drives and make plays when needed. We need to play him for the rest of the season just see what we have. We are not a playoff team so why sweat it. Play Preston and Merz and the rest of the kids.

I think the defense is further along than the offense. An impact type of DT would make a huge difference.

So maybe we are a few lineman away from a competitive team? Hard to say. It is going to take at least three years to judge Levy and Jauron. We need to be patient. Afer all, we are Bills fans.

I don't really know what the good news is.  :doh:

I have been following this team since 1964-65, back when I was just a kid.  In that time we have had more bad years than good years, more bad coaches than good coaches, more bad QBs than ones.  I am used to being a Bills fan. 

I am not sure what to think of JP.  Our OL is just so bad that it is hard to judge him.  He certainly is playing like a rookie, showing flashes of good talent but making more mistakes each week.  I wonder about his leadership, his ability to complete drives and make plays when needed.  We need to play him for the rest of the season just see what we have.  We are not a playoff team so why sweat it.  Play Preston and Merz and the rest of the kids. 

I think the defense is further along than the offense.  An impact type of DT would make a huge difference.

So maybe we are a few lineman away from a competitive team?  Hard to say.  It is going to take at least three years to judge Levy and Jauron.  We need to be patient. Afer all, we are Bills fans.

813407[/snapback]

I'm feeling you. I want to defend JP but him like the Bills I have no confidence in right now as I expect mediocrity. The playcalling is also suspect; I mean in one quarter WM is used in both the pass and run and then is an after thought in the passing game the rest of the game. JP is rolled out a few times in the 1st half with success; not at all the rest of the game. Teams always find a way to take Evans out of the game in the 1st half; today it was the whole game. But he did drop a TD pass. Roscoe and Royal are being under utilized as well. We need an identity on offense. I don't know if JP is the answer but he better be for the rest of this season as while he is not playing winning football, he is not the sole reason we are 2-5 or playing so bad, doing nothing right or throwing 2-3 picks a game.

I don't really know what the good news is.  :doh:

I have been following this team since 1964-65, back when I was just a kid.  In that time we have had more bad years than good years, more bad coaches than good coaches, more bad QBs than ones.  I am used to being a Bills fan. 

I am not sure what to think of JP.  Our OL is just so bad that it is hard to judge him.  He certainly is playing like a rookie, showing flashes of good talent but making more mistakes each week.  I wonder about his leadership, his ability to complete drives and make plays when needed.  We need to play him for the rest of the season just see what we have.  We are not a playoff team so why sweat it.  Play Preston and Merz and the rest of the kids. 

I think the defense is further along than the offense.  An impact type of DT would make a huge difference.

So maybe we are a few lineman away from a competitive team?  Hard to say.  It is going to take at least three years to judge Levy and Jauron.  We need to be patient. Afer all, we are Bills fans.

813407[/snapback]

3 years is probably about right. This was a rebuilding year anyway you look at it. But the problem I have with all of this is that we aren't improving week by week. I think that's what makes this frustruating.

I don't really know what the good news is.  :blink:

813407[/snapback]

I figure that the good news is how we've hit rock bottom, but that keeps getting lower every week. The other good news is that the Bills won't lose next week. :P

The WGR post game hit the nail on the head. This team isn't exactly inspiring us or making us look forward to Sunday afternoon these days.

As far as being a competitive team, we're more than a few linemen away. That will help significantly, but we're lacking consistent QB play, needing the DL to put pressure on the opposing QB *consistently*, the veterans to step up, and everyone to STOP MAKING STUPID MISTAKES.

The Bills aren't close to being a competitive team right now. After week 4, I would have said they were, but they've regressed badly since the win over Minnesota.

We need to be patient. Afer all, we are Bills fans.

Im tired of being patient. Ive been patient for almost a decade now.

As a fan, is it too much to ask for a half-way decent, competitive team? Is it too high an expecation to be able to sit down with a few friends and family on a Sunday afternoon, have some nice food and drink and watch some good football?

I dont think so.

Im getting tired of this.

I don't really know what the good news is.  :P

813407[/snapback]

The good news is that I actually sold my Tennessee tickets yesterday!!

But seriously, this is the first time in long time that I cannot pin point one area of the Bills that will make them a better team. This team has holes all over the place. And unfortunately, this is anything but a quick fix. I agree we need to be patient with the re-building (no you don't have to be built to re-build...idiots!) process, but it's a tough sell when it's been so long since this team has made the playoffs. It's getting harder and harder to justify my season tickets...