JP may not be our biggest problem

ACor58

Brady was sacked more times then Losman today, and the Bills had constant pressure on him so don't give me this bull sh--.

Brady took advantage of the times when he had time to throw, you can't say the same for Losman.

812794[/snapback]

So you've proven your point: Losman isn't as good as Brady. Good job.

The key point of being a qb on a bad team is that he shows you something.  Maybe he throws 3 picks, but he does it putting up a few hundred yards in the air.  Maybe he looks like a young undisciplined gunslinging Jake Plummer or Jim Kelly.

JP's supporters say they've seen the potential.  I havn't, but I havn't been able to see all the games.  The real problem is that the more you gameplan to have a young qb play it safe, the less opportunity you have to see what he's got. IMO these 4th quarter comeback attempts are about the only opportunity we have to see if he has the spark to lead the team anywhere, and so far I'm not impressed with the numbers.

812791[/snapback]

Amen brother

Some may call us JP haters. I call us realists

Brady was sacked more times then Losman today, and the Bills had constant pressure on him so don't give me this bull sh--.

Brady took advantage of the times when he had time to throw, you can't say the same for Losman.

812794[/snapback]

The point being most QB's could not operate under these conditions. When Losman hesitates to throw it's because he's not seeing the open receivers, is that it? I'll bet that he was going against a pass defence which left the middle of the field wide open on every other play. Go ahead. Put Nall in there. I'm sure the results will be a lot better. And when he fails, what? Draft a new QB every third year until we find a magician?

It has been said that the one thing JP really excells at is throwing the deep pass. WHEN the !@#$ is he EVER going to hit his target? He can't hit anyone in stride to save his life...cept for the one pass to Roscoe Parrish last week (which looked like a broken play for sure).

He had Andre Davis WIDE OPEN and couldn't hit him. WOW he has a really strong arm!!! So strong he overthrows his receivers just about every long pass he tries. He has trouble throwing the screen pass, trouble throwing the out pattern and trouble in FINDING a receiver, besides Lee Evans (who he locks on and the whole defense knows he's throwing to)

The defense looked awful the first 2 drives, then really looked solid...til we were down 21- 6. The offense gives this team no chance with it's lack of big time plays and CLUTCH throws and catches that every good team needs.

Losman plays fine until we really need a big play or conversion...then he fumbles the ball, throws it short or long...when is he going to come up big? I'm starting to doubt it will ever happen. I don't see him as a quarterback with"it".

HE FUMBLED WHEN HE HIT THE REFEREE FOR !@#$'S SAKE!!!!!

JP LOSMAN is our #1 problem...this is the NFL, it's time to step up JP, or get the hell outta town.

It has been said that the one thing JP really excells at is throwing the deep pass. WHEN the !@#$ is he EVER going to hit his target? He can't hit anyone in stride to save his life...cept for the one pass to Roscoe Parrish last week (which looked like a broken play for sure).

He had Andre Davis WIDE OPEN and couldn't hit him. WOW he has a really strong arm!!! So strong he overthrows his receivers just about every long pass he tries. He has trouble throwing the screen pass, trouble throwing the out pattern and trouble in FINDING a receiver, besides Lee Evans (who he locks on and the whole defense knows he's throwing to)

The defense looked awful the first 2 drives, then really looked solid...til we were down 21- 6. The offense gives this team no chance with it's lack of big time plays and CLUTCH throws and catches that every good team needs.

Losman plays fine until we really need a big play or conversion...then he fumbles the ball, throws it short or long...when is he going to come up big?  I'm starting to doubt it will ever happen. I don't see him as a quarterback with"it".

HE FUMBLED WHEN HE HIT THE REFEREE FOR !@#$'S SAKE!!!!!

JP LOSMAN is our #1 problem...this is the NFL, it's time to step up JP, or get the hell outta town.

812888[/snapback]

The Bills defense has just 2 takeaways in the last 12 quarters. I would call this a big big problem.

As bad as the fumbling was, his yards and completion rate nearly matched Brady's and Losman didn't have the advantage of going against our defense. Of course Losman needs to take care of the ball much better but our defense needs to start helping out with getting some turnovers. This is what the Patriots do and is why they win so much. I saw good and bad play from Losman today. He was a big reason for the loss. But I also saw piss poor play calling (Reed in shutgun???? just plain stupid) from the coaching staff, I saw absolutely moronic penaties (Schobel was an idiot on that personel foul against Brady) and the false start on Parrish that took away a huuuge 1st down passing play made by Losman. Give it a rest, it wasn't all his fault. I'm certianly not jumping off his bandwagon after having a bad day against the Pats who have a Superbowl quality defense. Can this defense please take the ball away just once?????

As bad as the fumbling was, his yards and completion rate nearly matched Brady's and Losman didn't have the advantage of going against our defense.

813002[/snapback]

:angry:

when i went back and looked at the box score i saw that and knew someone would bring that up to try and defend JP

On paper they look like they're comparable QBs. But TBs numbers came from solid offense scoring drives. JPs numbers came from playing from behind and facing a 4th quarter prevent, and his biggest chunk of yardage came off a shovel pass that Willis turned into a big gainer

when i went back and looked at the box score i saw that and knew someone would bring that up to try and defend JP

On paper they look like they're comparable QBs.  But TBs numbers came from solid offense scoring drives.  JPs numbers came from playing from behind and facing a 4th quarter prevent, and his biggest chunk of yardage came off a shovel pass that Willis turned into a big gainer

813015[/snapback]

Go ahead, drown yourself in the negative. Sorry, but I was not delusional enough to think he was going to play perfect against the Patriots. Having two or three turnovers against the Pats is predictable no matter which QB is facing them. Carson Palmer had two fumbles when he faced them. JP earned the positive stats, just like he earned the two fumbles lost and the interception. But please don't let this stop the JP bashing party goin on.

On paper they look like they're comparable QBs.  But TBs numbers came from solid offense scoring drives.  JPs numbers came from playing from behind and facing a 4th quarter prevent, and his biggest chunk of yardage came off a shovel pass that Willis turned into a big gainer

813015[/snapback]

Yeah but JP doesn't have future Canton inductee Rashad Caldwell. Go JP! Sorry the other 52 players suck JP!