Believe It Or Not

... when THEY have had extra time to prepare for us.

Let's go back chronologically...

1. The season opener for 2006. Obviously, the Pats had all preseason to prepare -- and the Bills darn near beat them in their own house.

2. In 2005, coming off their bye in the "Bruski Game", we also darn near beat them in their house.

3. In 2004, in Orchard Park, coming off their bye (as well as ours), we were in the position to tie the game with less than 2:00 to go, when Bledsoe fumbled on a 4th down play that the Pats ran back for a TD.

4. In the 2003 season opener, we squashed them in Orchard Park. Again, they had all preseason to prepare.

All other contests against them since 2003 have been blowout losses. Maybe this is just coincidence, but I find it funny that there seems to be this doom and gloom notion about the genius Belichick having an extra week to prepare for us, when the facts show that the Patriots have not been nearly as dominant when having that extra week to prepare.

Grasping at straws I know, but I'll take any positive vibes we can get for this up coming game!

... when THEY have had extra time to prepare for us.

Let's go back chronologically...

1. The season opener for 2006. Obviously, the Pats had all preseason to prepare -- and the Bills darn near beat them in their own house.

2. In 2005, coming off their bye in the "Bruski Game", we also darn near beat them in their house.

3. In 2004, in Orchard Park, coming off their bye (as well as ours), we were in the position to tie the game with less than 2:00 to go, when Bledsoe fumbled on a 4th down play that the Pats ran back for a TD.

4. In the 2003 season opener, we squashed them in Orchard Park. Again, they had all preseason to prepare.

All other contests against them since 2003 have been blowout losses. Maybe this is just coincidence, but I find it funny that there seems to be this doom and gloom notion about the genius Belichick having an extra week to prepare for us, when the facts show that the Patriots have not been nearly as dominant when having that extra week to prepare.

Grasping at straws I know, but I'll take any positive vibes we can get for this up coming game!

809058[/snapback]

you're grasping at straws. every time the pats have played the bills for a second time in one season -- in 02, 03, 04, and 05, they have annihilated them. they also beat them in second games in 00 and 01.

Damn you, I've got the George Costanza Answering machine song stuck in my head now.

"Believe it or not, George isn't at home, please leave a message at the beep. I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home."

you're grasping at straws. every time the pats have played the bills for a second time in one season -- in 02, 03, 04, and 05, they have annihilated them.

809086[/snapback]

Sadly, this is what I expect this Sunday.

People. They are a five and a half point underdog at home -- it ain't exactly UB at Auburn.

Losing two in a row on the road is not unusual. Losing a second home game this early in the season is only something a bad, bad team might do. My beloved Bills do not fit that description.

Damn you, I've got the George Costanza Answering machine song stuck in my head now.

"Believe it or not, George isn't at home, please leave a message at the beep.  I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone.  Where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home."

809110[/snapback]

You bastard. Now I do, too.

I beg to differ.

I had the unfortunate pleasure of being in the stadium in December last year when the Bills shat the bed agains the Pats 35-7.

Outstanding quote of the day - fom a fan next to me: "Hey Losman! Losman! If you go into the F*CKING shotgun again, I'm going to go home, get MY SHOTGUN and F*UCKING SHOOT YOU with it!"

A win against the "tucks" is desperately needed.  I don't care how it happens.  A botched call, a lake effect storm, a hole in the net.  I don't care. Get it done Bills. Please.  God, a little help.

809610[/snapback]

I'm right with you buddy. I dont' care how we pull it out just please lets get by our second meeting in the season with the pats for once. I think a win Sunday could build our momentum going into our bye then playing Green and getting back to back wins it would make me one happy SOB.

i agree with the post......pats are the most overrated professional sports team of any league by far...we would have won the opener this year if losman fell 2 inches more downfield instead of the safety..(by the way that was horrible protection-he got away from one guy then when he got to a vertical another guy all over him-hes not vick giv him a break)..so this game is very winable just billieve...i predict bills winning 24-10..i know every1 thinks im crazy but patriots have a weak defense and if we can somewhat stop the dillon/maroney combo. we have a great chance