Clements to Tampa Bay?

pBills

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clements has 2 picks in his last 24 games. "The Playmaker" :lol:

I would've liked to have seen Youboty actually play a down before they ship Clements off, but what can you do. Nasty Nate is as good as gone after the season, they might as well get something for him. I almost would prefer a draft pick (I dunno, 3rd or 4th rounder?) for Nate, rather than some other team's riff raff. Remember the LJ Shelton for Travis Henry trade that Donahoe was an idiot for not making? While Clements hasn't been doing much, he still has value. We shouldn't take another team's washout just because.

No deal. Not for a CB starter. McFarland's a worthwhile player, but last few years, he's just a name like Sam Adams...and speaking of him, the cincy press here are starting to question the "run-stopper" hype they bought into... :lol:

806444[/snapback]

Yeah, cause getting nobody for him at the end of the year is so much better

Roscoe - Its ClemenT's, Clemens is a pitcher for the Houston Astros, and even he might be a better choice at CB, atleast while getting beat he wouldn't cost so much as Clements does

Clemens is a solid player.  Why hate?  He makes too much money, but who is better than he is on this crap roster?  NO ONE!  Clemens is a game changer.  On a poor team it is hard to play well.  Clemens is a great player.  Overated, but come on...lets pick on someone else here.

And Booger was GREAT with Sapp next to him.  HE has been very ineffective over the last 3 years.  he is a body.  how much tread he has left on his tires i dunno. 

but clemens will be gone in 2007 anyway for free, so i guess we take what we can -- if we can.  trade deadline is today?

806303[/snapback]

You have got to be kidding me ... clements a game changer? Maybe for the opposing team... letting them get points and momentum.

This rumor sure seems to be geting a good deal of play at the Bucs boards.....trade him now for McFarland and a third. Then play Greer and Thomas until after the bye when Youboty is thrown into the fire.....and I don't care if we lose the rest of this year...it only means we can draft Joe Thomas the OT from Wisconsin.

I posted this is another thread but here we go again

I COMPLETELY disagree. In fact I believe that Clements for McFarland is not fair to the Bills. Tell us all what McFarland has done. He is the same size as our current D-lineman so were not even adding any beef. I dont know the whole story but it seems to be injury prone as he has only had 2 complete seasons out of his 7 year career. He only averages 30 tackles a season, not to mention his best year was 6 years ago and he will be 30 this December.

Clements on the other hand turns 28 in December, his best season was only 2 seasons ago, he has 5 straight complete seasons without being injured. He averages 70 tackles, 4 INT's, 9 pass deflections per year, and has scored a defensive TD in 4 of his 5 years in the NFL. He is also a threat at punt returner. Not to mention that he is on pace to have his best season with pass deflections this year ...

Talk all you want about how he misses tackles, Clements is an overall better player and a straight up trade is not fair to the Bills.

You have got to be kidding me ... clements a game changer?  Maybe for the opposing team... letting them get points and momentum.

806491[/snapback]

Game changer? No . Most cornerbacks are not. Gamechangers usually mean QB's, WR's or RB's ...Deion Sanders is the only "game-changing" CB I can think of.

Also Comments like above make me think you dont go to BIlls games because if you did you would see him cover receivers all day before he misses a deflection or tackle.

If you want to peddle him off now for pecuniary reasons, feel free to tell us who his replacement will be for the next ten games... :lol:

806561[/snapback]

They want to scrap the season by throwing Youboty in their and "hope for the best" ... if he turns out to be a total bum then we have 1 corner who has gotten burned every week this season (McGee) and a bum rookie and thus we have to draft or sign another corner. :P

They want to scrap the season by throwing Youboty in their and "hope for the best" ... if he turns out to be a total bum then we have 1 corner who has gotten burned every week this season (McGee) and a bum rookie and thus we have to draft or sign another corner.  :lol:

806567[/snapback]

what u dont realize is nate WILL NOT be back next season either way!

understand that were going to have to replace him be it now, or later.

what u dont realize is nate WILL NOT be back next season either way!

understand that were going to have to replace him be it now, or later.

806572[/snapback]

Oh so you know nate personally? Why didnt you tell us all along? :lol:

We are paying him over 7 million this year and STILL ARE 12 MILLION UNDER CAP. So we obviously have the money to pay him and more. Its not that we cant do it, its that we wont. Nate would stay in Buffalo. He has said as much in the past ... he just wants the money.

When Nate and I were doin' lines this offseason he told me this would be his last year as a Bill...........seriously though, I don't want a cornerback crisis either but I seriously doubt he'll be back and I'd at least like to know we got somethin. Also, McFarland may not be awesome, but he's definitely better than anyone we have at DT right now, including Larry "the bust'' Tripplett.

Oh so you know nate personally? Why didnt you tell us all along?  :lol:

We are paying him over 7 million this year and STILL ARE 12 MILLION UNDER CAP. So we obviously have the money to pay him and more. Its not that we cant do it, its that we wont. Nate would stay in Buffalo. He has said as much in the past ... he just wants the money.

806585[/snapback]

no, i dont know Nate personally , and i didnt say i did.

im just stating the obvious. Nate won't be back next year. we're not going to give him the money he "thinks" he's worth because that money we should use to address the lines. and nate is proving this year he's overrated and not worht the 7.whatever were paying him this year.

oh. i do know Nate's cousin Lee. Good guy. :P

I'd be happy with this trade:

Nate Clements and Tim Anderson

for

Brian Kelly and Booger McFarland

806593[/snapback]

Even I would take that ... not very realistic though.

no, i dont know Nate personally , and i didnt say i did.

im just stating the obvious. Nate won't be back next year. we're not going to give him the money he "thinks" he's worth because that money we should use to address the lines. and nate is proving this year he's overrated and not worht the 7.whatever were paying him this year.

oh. i do know Nate's cousin Lee. Good guy.  :lol:

806606[/snapback]

Tell me. You say were going to use the money he "thinks" he should get on our lines. Who are we going to use it on? Good teams dont let good lineman go. Its that simple. It doesnt happen but once in a blue moon ... and when it does their are many teams scrambling to get that player. If you are a team and have quality offensive lineman you are going to resign them. That simple. So were going to use the money he "thinks" he deserves on lineman scraps from another teams and draft picks ... which we already have the money for.

The only time I remember a team letting a great Olineman go was when NO traded Roaf for a 2nd rounder cause Joe Horn banged his wife or somethin. You're right though, It doesn't happen. Hopefully the money will be used in other weak areas butb let's worry abouty that in some other thread............. We will have to get lucky in the draft to fix the Oline.

Even I would take that ... not very realistic though.

Tell me. You say were going to use the money he "thinks" he should get on our lines. Who are we going to use it on? Good teams dont let good lineman go. Its that simple. It doesnt happen but once in a blue moon ... and when it does their are many teams scrambling to get that player. If you are a team and have quality offensive lineman you are going to resign them. That simple. So were going to use the money he "thinks" he deserves on lineman scraps from another teams and draft picks ... which we already have the money for.

806613[/snapback]

id renevate the bathrooms at RWS with the money nate "thinks" he's worth before id give it to him