rolly

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch how our team is without him

804689[/snapback]

Certainly won't be better but I don't think it would make a huge difference. I'd like to take that money and get a real offensive or defensive tackle.

804689[/snapback]

dude why are you all over clement's meatstick? seriously you talk about him in every thread, just give up on it already, whatever team he goes to just follow them for christ sake. :blink:

I've got to believe that a big part of why are corners have looked SOOOO bad this year is due to scheme. There are guys who's day job it is to drive UPS trucks that haven't been abused as bad as our guys. Both McGee and Clements have shown they have talent in the past, but this year they look horrible.

Of course, you can't blame the scheme for Clements tackling prowess....

dude why are you all over clement's meatstick? seriously you talk about him in every thread, just give up on it already, whatever team he goes to just follow them for christ sake.  :blink:

805179[/snapback]

Because I dont see the point in giving up a good player just to get another play who is not going to be as good. Other teams pay their players, and we should to. Did you watch the pre-game today? Other teams are going to give Clements the money he wants because they (unlike rose-colored-glasses Bills fans) can see that Clements is a darn good corner.

Why wasnt Clements on ROY....

maybe cuz our Defense has Clements cover what ever WR is on his side....

You trying to say its his fault they lined up ROY vs Mcgee??

805185[/snapback]

Some posters dont understand football ... not much you can do about that.

Youboty/McGee will be a solid tandem at corner, with Kiwaukee stickin' his nose in every once in a while

805193[/snapback]

The same McGee that got torched all game?

I've got to believe that a big part of why are corners have looked SOOOO bad this year is due to scheme.

805188[/snapback]

What scheme?

The concept that 4 mediocre DT's can substitute for two good ones? How about DE's who are mostly anonymous?

The idea that a virtual rookie QB behind a patchwork offensive line can't score points reliably.

The list goes on and on...

Re-signing Clements for big money would make a little sense if both lines weren't in desperate need of repair. Since they are in need, goodbye Nate!

what do you mean by that? This teamis 2-4, soon to be 2-5. Do you think Clements is the difference between 1-6 and 2 and 5?

He's a better than average corner... but cannot lock down revceiver one on one like McCallister or Baily. Thus, I'd ratherr pickup two players for $4M than Nate for $8M.

I hope the Bills trade his a$$ before Tuesday. Kiwaukee Thomas can't do worsew than Nate has this year, and Youboty is waiting in the wings.

What scheme?

The concept that 4 mediocre DT's can substitute for two good ones? How about DE's who are mostly anonymous?

The idea that a virtual rookie QB behind a patchwork offensive line can't score points reliably.

The list goes on and on...

Re-signing Clements for big money would make a little sense if both lines weren't in desperate need of repair. Since they are in need, goodbye Nate!

805230[/snapback]

So we cut nate, draft a bunch of people for the lines and then what? Its not likely were going to be getting a good OL or DL in free agency. Teams re-sign good OL/DL before they reach the market. So we take our chance on draftees. Thats fine. The Bills are currently under the cap by nearly 12 MILLION and thats with us paying Clements 7.2 mill this year. So if we are so under the cap why cant we sign Clements to a 3-4 year contract, pay him a big signing bonus and then use the 12 million in empty cap to pay our draftees. People keep saying we can use the 7 mill we pay Clements to give to other players. Well first of all if we work the contract right we may not be paying him 7 mill next year ... a lot could go into signing bonus and over time, incentives ... etc. Also WHAT players do you want to give his money too?

Won't matter if Clements leaves, we can't be much worse.

He just got torched by Roy freakin' Williams.

Build a good pass rush in the FA / Draft, and suddenly there's no need for an "All-Pro" like Nate at CB.

Trade Clements for McFarland, and pick up Gaines Adams, DE in the Draft.

what do you mean by that?  This teamis 2-4, soon to be 2-5.  Do you think Clements is the difference between 1-6 and 2 and 5?

He's a better than average corner... but cannot lock down revceiver one on one like McCallister or Baily.  Thus, I'd ratherr pickup two players for $4M than Nate for $8M. 

I hope the Bills trade his a$$ before Tuesday.  Kiwaukee Thomas can't do worsew than Nate has this year, and Youboty is waiting in the wings.

805234[/snapback]

Clements isnt having a bad year. He misses a tackle here or there but so does every NFL player. I dont think he has gotten beaten horribly for a TD yet this year.

How anyone can defend Clements (or anyone in our secondary) after this dismal performance is beyond me. Clements sucked last year, he's sucking this year. Like so many have said, how much worse can we be without him? We can't cover or tackle anyone now - with him. I say get him gone.

How anyone can defend Clements (or anyone in our secondary) after this dismal performance is beyond me.  Clements sucked last year, he's sucking this year.  Like so many have said, how much worse can we be without him?  We can't cover or tackle anyone now - with him.  I say get him gone.

805361[/snapback]

Other than a few miss tackles do you mind telling me how exactly Clements has been sucking? He got beat ONCE all day, and that was on a push-off.

Other than a few miss tackles do you mind telling me how exactly Clements has been sucking? He got beat ONCE all day, and that was on a push-off.

805364[/snapback]

when is the last time he made a play?

suck it up. u can always put tape over Clements on your #22 jersey next season.

805364[/snapback]

You are such a homer it's ridiculous. Do you ever criticize a Bills player?

when is the last time he made a play?

suck it up. u can always put tape over Clements on your #22 jersey next season.

805366[/snapback]

I dont have a Clements jersey and Im not even a huge fan of his. Its just common sense to me. Dont give up a good player just because he wants money. For goodness sakes. We keep giving up good players because they want money (Moulds, Winfield, Pat Williams and the list goes on)

You are such a homer it's ridiculous.  Do you ever criticize a Bills player?

805368[/snapback]

You are not one to talk. You put your foot in your mouth more than any other person on this board other than Joe Six Pack .... anyone needs to simply go to the gamethread and see myself and about 5 other posters tear you apart to see that.

I am a usually nice person. I love my fellow men, but seriously dude. Clements is a good CB. If he wasnt then no one would pick him up in free agency and pay him the money he wants. Yet they will because he is a good CB.

Yes I do critisize Bills players ... such as Rob Johnson, Travis Henry (15 year old girl thing), Peerless Price, Sam Cowart ... etc

But I am also a optimist and a fan .... try it someday

I dont have a Clements jersey and Im not even a huge fan of his. Its just common sense to me. Dont give up a good player just because he wants money. For goodness sakes. We keep giving up good players because they want money (Moulds, Winfield, Pat Williams and the list goes on)

805372[/snapback]

Moulds wanted out regardless, it went beyond money with him (look at all the times he restructured). As for Fat Pat and Antoine, ya we should have signed Pat back and we paid for letting him go big time, that was classic Donahoe (even Pat will tell u that).

As for Nate he's making a rediculas salary and hasn't been making the plays. He'll i would have put him back there as punt returner towards the end of the game. We need to get all we can out of him paying that much.

805364[/snapback]

Seriously, how can you say you watched the last 2 games and conclude that Clements is a top 5 cornerback? He doesn't get beat long, because he's always playing too deep allowing the receivers to catch the ball in front of him. How many first down catches has he given up because he's too deep? Mix that in with those several missed tackes a game and it adds up to average corner play - at best. I'm not saying he's the only reason this defense sucks; but he's clearly not doing anything to help it out. He's adequate and for that, I'd say keep him on the team only for a significant pay cut.

If another team wants to pay him $7-8 million, let them. Because he's not earned that for us in over a year now.

Moulds wanted out regardless, it went beyond money with him (look at all the times he restructured). As for Fat Pat and Antoine, ya we should have signed Pat back and we paid for letting him go big time, that was classic Donahoe (even Pat will tell u that).

As for Nate he's making a rediculas salary and hasn't been making the plays. He'll i would have put him back there as punt returner towards the end of the game. We need to get all we can out of him paying that much.

805378[/snapback]

No one is giving a solution. We let him go to free agency and then we have about what? 15 million of free cap room to do what? Pick a few free agent scraps that other teams dont want? We have the money. Use it.

No one is giving a solution. We let him go to free agency and then we have about what? 15 million of free cap room to do what? Pick a few free agent scraps that other teams dont want? We have the money. Use it.

805384[/snapback]

i think drafting Youboty was the future solution.

805384[/snapback]

Dwight Freeney is a FA.

<_<

Seriously, how can you say you watched the last 2 games and conclude that Clements is a top 5 cornerback?  He doesn't get beat long, because he's always playing too deep allowing the receivers to catch the ball in front of him.  How many first down catches has he given up because he's too deep?  Mix that in with those several missed tackes a game and it adds up to average corner play - at best.  I'm not saying he's the only reason this defense sucks; but he's clearly not doing anything to help it out.  He's adequate and for that, I'd say keep him on the team only for a significant pay cut.

If another team wants to pay him $7-8 million, let them.  Because he's not earned that for us in over a year now.

805383[/snapback]

Again you dont give a solution. We have the money. Have you ever thought that the reason he has to play deep is because of the scheme? Also ... think about it ... when the D gives up the run it opens up the passing game. <_<

Solution: Start someone else. Anyone else. It can't get worse.

Hell, change the scheme while you're at it. Whatever they're doing, its not working. We just made the Lions look like a playoff team.