(OT)The Red Ryder 200-shot, Range Model air rifle

PIZ

I want to get my son a BB gun for X-mas and why not get him a Red Ryder BB gun? But do they actually carry the one Ralphie wanted and received on Christmas Story?

You know: compass in the stock, this thing that tells time, etc.

Yeah, those are the ones I found. Is the "compass in the stock, and this thing that tells time" just add ons for the movie? What age were you when you got your first BB gun? My wife will probably kill me if I get my 5 year old one, even if I only plan on him using it when I am supervising him.

My wife will probably kill me if I get my 5 year old one, even if I only plan on him using it when I am supervising him.

5? Yeah I think I'd hold off. My son is 12 and I've just started taking him to the rifle range. I gave him my old .22 after a long talk about gun safety. He does however prefer his grandfather's (Dziadzi) magnum.

I remember the father in the movie winning a prize. It was a lamp shaped like a woman's leg with fishnet stockings on it. When the crate showed up on his doorstep marked "Fragile," he responds something to the affect of "Look. Fra-GEE-Lee. It must be from Italy."

Yeah, those are the ones I found.  Is the "compass in the stock, and this thing that tells time" just add ons for the movie?  What age were you when you got your first BB gun?  My wife will probably kill me if I get my 5 year old one, even if I only plan on him using it when I am supervising him.

57813[/snapback]

It’s never too early to get a kid his first pellet gun provided you properly supervise them. The sooner they learn about safe gun handling the better. I got my son his first pellet gun when he was 6; he is now 10 and is shooting a 20 gauge. In fact he is very responsible and shoots quite well. He knows the first rule of guns is always safety first and foremost. He will also be going deer hunting with me this year and he will be carrying his own gun (of course he will be glued to my side).

I remember the father in the movie winning a prize. It was a lamp shaped like a woman's leg with fishnet stockings on it. When the crate showed up on his doorstep marked "Fragile," he responds something to the affect of "Look. Fra-GEE-Lee. It must be from Italy."

57839[/snapback]

you mean, like this?:

http://www.stupid.com/stat/LEGL.html

yes, you can officially buy ANYTHING on the internet.