It's official....the Mike Gandy

JStranger76

I'm seeing too now that Gandy's failings in pass protection unfortunately outweigh some decent production he's shown in the running game. Might as well get Peters in the spot he will ultimately be taking over sooner than later.

Unfortunately, we'll probably just miss getting that tackle by 2-4 picks in the draft and, guess what, LT's worth a damn don't hit free agency. I love it, we're @%$@ed!!!!!!!  :(  :devil:  :lol:  :w00t:

805788[/snapback]

Peters has all the makings of an LT whos worth a damn. What we need is a solid RT to step in there IMO.

OMFG that was an abortion out there at LT today. I remember one moment when Gandy gave up either sack 3 or 4 and the announcers said "Gandy makes a crucial mistake, you can't lunge at a speed rusher" So he gets beat physically AND mentally. I thought he was a servicable option, but you don't get made to look that bad even on your worst day.

I agree, and was hoping for the Peters move to LT all offseason with a veteran stopgap at least at RT. We could use a DT who could stop the run just about as bad as well. LT's can't be obtained with a quick trip to the corner drugstore unfortunately. I hope somehow we can at least make one of our lines a strength by next year.

It is time to upgrade the position no matter the cost. You can only get by so long......................

804580[/snapback]

I think a lot of times when we're winning it's a lot easier to ignore the weaknesses. Now that we are losing they are getting more exposed. Mike Gandy would be a good backup left tackle for us. Not a starting left tackle for us.

I think a lot of times when we're winning it's a lot easier to ignore the weaknesses.  Now that we are losing they are getting more exposed.  Mike Gandy would be a good backup left tackle for us.  Not a starting left tackle for us.

805807[/snapback]

I agree, I think he could be a solid backup, but he is definitely an inedaquate starter. He was on his buttox for half the game. This game proved Marv's philosophy of how a team wins in the trenches, too bad the Lions proved it.

I'm seeing too now that Gandy's failings in pass protection unfortunately outweigh some decent production he's shown in the running game. Might as well get Peters in the spot he will ultimately be taking over sooner than later.

805774[/snapback]

I think if you take a look, most of the yardage on the ground it over the right side. Very few runs left.

Why does everyone call Gandy a turnstile, that would suggest he actually moves....He's more like a telephone pole, players just run around him and make a play. After how many years now, McNally can't build a compotent line???

805879[/snapback]

I would say more like a tree. Specifically a tree in Buffalo this past weekend. The defense runs around him, and he falls over.

He has NO footwork, he makes things up as he goes along, he has no footwork, he bends at the waist, he has no footwork, Gandy flat out was awful today.

Your line next week should look like this:

Peters, Reyes, Folwer, Preston, Pennington

805088[/snapback]

I'm not one to jump all over changing the line around, but today they (mainly Gandy) were horrid. During key times. The coaches see the same game we do and one would think that shuffling the line around or even getting one of our draft picks in there wouldn't be a step backwards. Time for Jauron and the coaches to shake things up a little bit up front and make someone an example.