911truth.org responds to South Park

***EDIT***

erynthered raised a good point about how going to the site i linked could generate ad revenue for the assclowns at 911truth.org. Therefore i've posted the text of the blog so we don't have to subsidize them :D

South Park Episode Hits Mark For Toilet Humor, But Misses On 9/11 Skepticism

It took longer than expected, but Trey Parker and company have joined with the growing ranks of the opportunists who distort 9/11 skepticism for fun and profit (unlike the screeds by Alexander Cockburn, Matthew Rothschild and Matt Taibbi, at least the South Park episode had its humorous moments).

They included the obligatory "the Jews did it" canard, and the focus taken was shallow and purposely exploitative. The underlying idea was: "the conspiracy theorists are retarded, because they believe the government was competent enough to pull off 9/11."

The psychological principle that unifies the distortions of Cockburn, Rothschild, Taibbi and the creators of South Park is avoidance. 9/11 skepticism is an easy target for ridicule, because it includes ridiculous theories (911truth.org is well aware of them, and has cautioned readers to be careful with them). But a commentator can take any attitude he wishes toward these theories. Our attitude has been to largely ignore them, and instead focus on the most striking and disturbing evidence of official complicity in the attacks.

The distortionists make sure to lump together the speculative with the completely ridiculous, and to avoid altogether the 'elephant in the living room' of complicity with our “enemies”.

The undeniable, indisputable and ugly political reality of our times is that the US intelligence apparatus simply cannot be completely separated from the networks of its supposed enemies. That is the story, and by itself it is cause for impeachment and treason trials for our top officials. But although this is "known", and has been known for decades, this potentially explosive information has been managed and de-emphasized by the information brokers in society to the point it's become "old news". Its treasonous particulars have never become common knowledge among mainstream folks. This dark truth of complicity is buried in the collective unconscious of the society, just like the repressed material individuals bury because it is too painful to confront.

When questions about the 9/11 attacks get raised, the repressed material returns in the form of pointed questions by certain members of society. And while there can be reasonable disagreement about the extent of complicity, there will always be those who will not be able to even face the possibility (or figure it makes more sense to simply ridicule it for fun and profit).

South Park's conclusion that "a bunch of pissed-off Muslims" did 9/11 ultimately says very little. The key word is "did": if Al-Qaeda was responsible, does that mean the US could not also be? Of course not, yet nowhere is this possibility seriously considered by them or by recent critics of 9/11 skepticism.

The creators of South Park, a show I like, are now two-time offenders, as they copped out in “Team America” as well. There too, the US was depicted as a bumbling, ignorant yet well-intentioned behemoth that was ruining the world through sheer incompetence and stupidity. It was Kim Jong-Il who was truly evil, you see.

There's no shortcut to understand the deep politics of official treachery that characterizes our times. South Park wants to ridicule the impulse to a deeper examination of this reality by ascribing ridiculously absolutist beliefs to the members of 911truth.org. It's a cheap trick, and a sure indication they're running out of ideas.

After all, in this episode, they resorted to channeling Beavis and Butthead by spinning out a whole show which was essentially a 30-minute excuse for asking: "How many different alliterative ways can we say "take a sh--"? (Heh, heh, he said “fudge dragon”!)

It’s funny the first couple of times, but it gets tired. Just like the refusal to face aspects of our collective reality gets tiring. Here’s hoping for a fairer portrayal of 9/11 skepticism next time.

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20061013103151876

I think that guy dooked in the urinal :huh:

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20061013103151876

I think that guy dooked in the urinal :huh:

803726[/snapback]

You suck.

A click on that site could be advertising dollars for those great books, they have advertised there. Though, chicot is probably receiving residual checks from that site and their publishers.

Thanks buddy. :D

:doh:

Ironic, that's how I feel reading their theories.

803796[/snapback]

Actually, 911truth.org isn't one of those ridiculous "remote controlled planes/cruise missiles/the US Government attacked itself" sites. Their questions are more of the "Why was the 9/11 Commission such a whitewash?" or "How come intercepts from 9/10 weren't decoded until 9/12?" type. They're asking reasonable questions.

That the answers are actually pretty easy to find, and they can't be bothered, makes them idiots. But a whole different and milder kind of idiot than the whatreallyhappened.com crowd. Kind of like ExiledInIllinois is compared to Tennyboy...

Actually, 911truth.org isn't one of those ridiculous "remote controlled planes/cruise missiles/the US Government attacked itself" sites.  Their questions are more of the "Why was the 9/11 Commission such a whitewash?" or "How come intercepts from 9/10 weren't decoded until 9/12?" type.  They're asking reasonable questions. 

That the answers are actually pretty easy to find, and they can't be bothered, makes them idiots.  But a whole different and milder kind of idiot than the whatreallyhappened.com crowd.  Kind of like ExiledInIllinois is compared to Tennyboy...

803813[/snapback]

You mean it wasn't a test of a new Maccabi missile that hit the north tower, while splintering in 20 minutes to hit the south tower, all the while gathering energy to travel 250 miles south to the Pentagon, and still retaining enough force to take down WTC 7 six hours later?

You mean it wasn't a test of a new Maccabi missile that hit the north tower, while splintering in 20 minutes to hit the south tower, all the while gathering energy to travel 250 miles south to the Pentagon, and still retaining enough force to take down WTC 7 six hours later?

803856[/snapback]

I saw a comment somewhere the other day along the lines of "See...the building Cory Lidle's plane hit didn't collapse!!" :huh:

You suck.

A click on that site could be advertising dollars for those great books, they have advertised there. Though, chicot is probably receiving residual checks from that site and their publishers.

Thanks buddy. :(

:devil:

803731[/snapback]

Actually I've never subscribed to any 9/11 conspiracy theories so your implication is both childish and just plain wrong. Fairly typical for you.

Your obsession with me is becoming somewhat worrying however. You seem to be unable to refrain from referring to me even in threads in which I have taken no part.

Actually I  subscribe to all 9/11 conspiracy theories so my implication is both childish and just plain wrong. Fairly typical for me.

My obsession with you is becoming somewhat worrying however. I seem to be unable to refrain from referring to you even in threads in which you have taken no part.

806035[/snapback]

Quit following me around, you're scaring me.

This nutjob writes for Rolling Stone (I read it for the music stuff).

Everything is Republican bad, Dem good, conspiracy this, conspiracy that.

806708[/snapback]

That's why Castro had JFK killed.

Kennedy wouldn't give him Hitler and Eva Braun's bones which he won in an all-night poker game at the White House from Nikita Kruschev. Jack said he wouldn't part with them because he and Marilyn had first made love in the bed under which he kept them hidden and he was particularly sentimental about them. Castro was furious and had to settle for nuke tipped missles (50 of which are still operational and deployed outside Havana). Yes, they're OUR missles and what a job it was to get them first to the Ruskies so they could paint a red star on them and ship to Cuba. Cubans chopped them and put new 57 Chevy fins on. Anyway Castro killed JFK because they weren't given the 12345 launch code and to this day haven't figure that one out.