He's a Punk...

Marv Levy

Couldn't agree more, and I might get a beer right now.

804104[/snapback]

Not going to toot my horn, but I caught the Rochester D&C blurb about "Stopping The Run". That makes two of us stating the obvious! Once again, T.O./Randy Moss bashers (as well as those lusting after them for the Bills) - try a little decaf.

First off, there's just no F-ing way that the Marv-ster would so much as bother to cancel a colonoscopy to even speak to these two, much less sign 'em up. He, like the rest of us, values his job, and even the fingerpainters that sometimes show up on this board know that Ralph would KILL the person responsible for bringing either of those pantloads onto the team. Being fired would be a blessing in comparison.

Secondly, our wide receiver corps isn't bad. Let's all say it (c'mon - those of you in the back....) "Our wide receiver corps isn't bad". There, that wasn't so hard, was it? Think New England would be GRATEFUL to get Evans? Price? Reed? Bet they'd be happy with Parrish as a role player. I'm not going to get into a mindless diatribe regarding stats ad nauseum, but I'm addressing this point in the context of the team as a whole.......

Which brings me to "Thirdly". Thirdly, we got a whole bunch more problems to fix than the wide receiver corps! Bringing either of those two inbred goobers to Buffalo would just add ANOTHER problem. I personally think Marv did a friggin' great job on the draft, and love rubbing that in the collective noses of my co-workers who wanted Leinart. THAT HAVING BEEN SAID.......wasn't Broderick Bunkley still available when McCargo came up? Perhaps not - too many beers ago. But, baby, am I missing a BIG FAST DT animal. I hate to be thinking about next year already, but even in my most optimistic beer-induced spasms, I don't see the DTs we currently have in the line up as being able to, well, step up. :huh:

Beer time again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the biggest tool i've seen on this board. Pure stupidity day in and day out. Simon is dead on.

803993[/snapback]

To be fair I didnt word my post right ... What I was meaning to say is that as much as T.O. is a distraction the media simply adds to it by watching his every movement. But thanks for being rude. It really helps. :huh:

No one in the NFL has a more overrated bad rap than Moss. What's worst this guy has done? Fake moon some classless Packer fans? Big f'ing deal. He's not playing his best in Oakland? Who would? How's LaMont Jordon looking this year? Moss is a far, far cry from the complete cancer than Owens is (who is wearing out his welcome on his 3d team in five years??)

Randy Moss is a dominant football player. He can take over a game unlike any other WR in the game. To say he is an inferior player to an injury prone prima donna like Owens is laughable. If Moss is traded to a team that is smart enough to ACTUALLY THROW HIM THE BALL, he will dominate the league again.

If he goes to the Patriots, they are back in the Super Bowl -- gaurenteed.

No one in the NFL has a more overrated bad rap than Moss.  What's worst this guy has done?  Fake moon some classless Packer fans?  Big f'ing deal.  He's not playing his best in Oakland?  Who would?  How's LaMont Jordon looking this year?  Moss is a far, far cry from the complete cancer than Owens is (who is wearing out his welcome on his 3d team in five years??)

Randy Moss is a dominant football player. He can take over a game unlike any other WR in the game.  To say he is an inferior player to an injury prone prima donna like Owens is laughable.  If Moss is traded to a team that is smart enough to ACTUALLY THROW HIM THE BALL, he will dominate the league again.

804200[/snapback]

I dont think Moss was ever an overall better player than T.O. ... call him a cancer or whatever else, but he is still a great player. As another poster earlier on noted Randy Moss is a great when he is lined up on the outside and can simply jump up and catch the ball ... but he lacks in other areas. Such as crossing the field and making the hard catches/runs after the catch that a larger player such as Eric Moulds or T.O. can. It seems to me that the Patriots focus their passing game on much of these slants/over the field passes. In fact Brady's longest pass came 5 seasons ago in 2001 and since than has averaged about a long of 60 yards the past 4 seasons. Of course im not saying that Moss could not excel .. im sure he could.

I dont think Moss was ever an overall better player than T.O. ... call him a cancer or whatever else, but he is still a great player. As another poster earlier on noted Randy Moss is a great when he is lined up on the outside and can simply jump up and catch the ball ... but he lacks in other areas. Such as crossing the field and making the hard catches/runs after the catch that a larger player such as Eric Moulds or T.O. can. It seems to me that the Patriots focus their passing game on much of these slants/over the field passes. In fact Brady's longest pass came 5 seasons ago in 2001 and since than has averaged about a long of 60 yards the past 4 seasons. Of course im not saying that Moss could not excel .. im sure he could.

804205[/snapback]

But Moss has the ability to win those jump balls a huge percentage of the time -- no other receiver can dominate one on one coverage like that. Aside from the ability to create a score on any play, deep receivers stretch the field, making them more valuable to the running and short passing game. And while Moss is being criticized for not doing anything in Oakland (even though he had 1000 yard season last year), Owens has done nothing for the past season and a half except sabatoge his teams.

Moss can add a huge plus to a team. Owens has the potential to do that, but has shown to be not worth the distriction and drama that he apparently needs to feed his ego. Philly last year and Dallas this year are clearly worse off than they would have been if he were not on the team.

No one in the NFL has a more overrated bad rap than Moss.  What's worst this guy has done?  Fake moon some classless Packer fans?  Big f'ing deal.  He's not playing his best in Oakland?  Who would?  How's LaMont Jordon looking this year?  Moss is a far, far cry from the complete cancer than Owens is (who is wearing out his welcome on his 3d team in five years??)

Randy Moss is a dominant football player. He can take over a game unlike any other WR in the game.  To say he is an inferior player to an injury prone prima donna like Owens is laughable.  If Moss is traded to a team that is smart enough to ACTUALLY THROW HIM THE BALL, he will dominate the league again.

804200[/snapback]

He did push a cop with his car while in Minnesota. :D;)

Those bastards in the media are at it again...

TO won't talk to his position coach

To quote the great Ted Knight's character in Caddyshack..."THE MAN'S A MENACE!"

804053[/snapback]

Not quite what T.O. actually said:

Owens made it clear that he'll still listen to Haley, but their discussions must be limited to Xs and Os.

"In business, you have people that work together and don't necessarily get along together," he said.

Owens is a guy who will give you everything he has on Sunday afternoons, but who can be a distraction. Randy Moss is a guy who once said he only plays when he feels like it. His performance this year seems to bear out that remark. If for some reason I had to choose between the two, I'd choose T.O.

Say what you want, but I do believe if the media kept away from T.O. the problems would go away. Same arguement could be made that if T.O. kept his mouth shut then the problems would go away ... but lets not forget that the media has a huge part of this. Im sure players have had disputes with coaches before but none probably had as many articles written about it as T.O. has this past week.

Owens is a guy who will give you everything he has on Sunday afternoons, but who can be a distraction.  Randy Moss is a guy who once said he only plays when he feels like it.  His performance this year seems to bear out that remark.  If for some reason I had to choose between the two, I'd choose T.O.

804270[/snapback]

That's the equivalent of choosing red lipstick over pink. Either way, you're still kissing a pig.

Say what you want, but I do believe if the media kept away from T.O. the problems would go away. Same arguement could be made that if T.O. kept his mouth shut then the problems would go away ... but lets not forget that the media has a huge part of this. Im sure players have had disputes with coaches before but none probably had as many articles written about it as T.O. has this past week.

804278[/snapback]

What on earth would give you the impression that this would be the case....not may be the case? The media beats up any story that they think will keep people focused on their media outlet. If the media stopped covering T.O., the story would no longer be cared about by the general public but it would still certainly be their.

Would TO have pulled stunts like the 'pen in the sock' episode if he knew the media would not give him the attention he craves? Probably not. That does not mean that his actions & the problems he constantly causes wherever he goes would not still occur. He seems to crave the notoriety.....mooning the crowd, inciting a near riot in Dallas when he pranced on their logo, fighting with every coach & QB he has played with......etc, etc. Honestly, he comes across a first class knob....by his own choices, not by the media slant.

The world is not black & white.....pretty much ever. Just because the media are generally unscrupulous & reprehensible does not mean that TO is himself not deserving of derision.