Any horse racing fans?

BoondckCL

Now everybody knows that Secretariat is the best horse to ever run in an American horse race...ever; but i think it would be interesting to look at people's FAVORITE thoroughbreds and who knows, turn this thread into every other thread on this board with people insulting each other.

Lemon Drop Kid

Cigar

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People watch horse racing??

802466[/snapback]

Yes you ill-cultured fool. sarcasm.

Horse racing has always been big in certain circles and if you live in New York you are living pretty damn close to one of, if not the best well known race track in the world. Saratoga was actually ranked 9th in the country as a place where you have to watch a sporting event. I forget where i saw the ranking, but it is definately one of the most historicaly important places in New York in terms of sporting events.

It is a great sport and i suggest you get involved, great times can be had during a day at the track. Imagine a really long tailgate, with all the beer you can drink inside the track itself, and you have the chance to win money and get almost as involved with the gaming then you do at a Bills game.

Smarty Jones AND Barbaro were both raised within 20 minutes of my house. Smarty Jones was actually from my township but Philadelphia selfishly "adopted" him because that city desparately needed lach on to a winner (and drag him down).

Barbaro was(is) being treated in that big animal hospital not 15 minutes from me.

I also loved that horse that raced against Smarty Jones that year that was like twice his size. Beautiful horse...largest I've ever seen racing...Lion Heart maybe?

You're an !@#$!!! :blink::)

Now everybody knows that Secretariat is the best horse to ever run in an American horse race...ever; but i think it would be interesting to look at people's FAVORITE thoroughbreds and who knows, turn this thread into every other thread on this board with people insulting each other.

Lemon Drop Kid

Cigar

802400[/snapback]

Being from Saratoga, I grew up at the races. In no particular order:

Funny Cide--from Sackatoga stables on Saratoga Lake. First state bred that nearly won the triple crown.

Lure

Thunder Rumble

Fourstardave--the oldest horse to win a race and became a Saratoga icon for his performances for years throughout the meet.

Yes you ill-cultured fool. sarcasm.

Horse racing has always been big in certain circles and if you live in New York you are living pretty damn close to one of, if not the best well known race track in the world. Saratoga was actually ranked 9th in the country as a place where you have to watch a sporting event. I forget where i saw the ranking, but it is definately one of the most historicaly important places in New York in terms of sporting events.

It is a great sport and i suggest you get involved, great times can be had during a day at the track. Imagine a really long tailgate, with all the beer you can drink inside the track itself, and you have the chance to win money and get almost as involved with the gaming then you do at a Bills game.

802476[/snapback]

Have you ever been to Saratoga?

My dad and I took the trip up there a few years ago. It's absolutely beautiful.

I live like 20 minutes from Monmouth Park. That place is real nice too!-

Great topic.....

Favorite horse of all time? A filly named Storm Flag Flying. Unbelievable horse. I watched her win the Breeders Cup Juvenile Filly in person in 2002, at Arlington in Illinois. She stalked the lead, took command at the head of the stretch, lost the lead in mid-stretch and looked defeated, and then thundered back to win by a nose. I also watched her in person defeat a heavily favored Azeri in the Personal Ensign at Saratoga in summer of '04. Incredible heart. She is now retired and has just popped out her first young one.

Current favorite- Lava Man. I've been following him for a few years, he was bought as a claimer for $50k several years ago. He has since dominated just about all of his races, and as a 5-year old, will probably go off as the favorite in next month's Breeders Cup Classic. Classy horse.

Favorite name- Hoof Hearted. When the track announcer said it, it sounded like "Who Farted takes the lead!"

Best horse I ever saw in person- Point Given. An absolute monster.