What are the responsiblities of Politicians?

Can someone give me some definitions to what the responsibilities are for local, state and federal politicians?

Town Clerk

Town Council

County Legislature

State Legislature

State Assembly

State Senate

US Senate

US House

I know they are responsible for writing and passing laws, but what else?

Is there anyway to hold the people that hold these positions accountible other than waiting for an election?

Can someone give me some definitions to what the responsibilities are for local, state and federal politicians?

Town Clerk

Town Council

County Legislature

State Legislature

State Assembly

State Senate

US Senate

US House

I know they are responsible for writing and passing laws, but what else?

Is there anyway to hold the people that hold these positions accountible other than waiting for an election?

800753[/snapback]

Look in the respective constitutions or whatever. Of course, no one ever follows them anymore, anyway...but that'll tell you what their responsibilities should be.

And I personally think that the way to hold these idiots accountable is by voting them out. I think that's part and parcel of a democratic system. I also think one of the benefits of a parlimentary system is not having to wait for an election; you can just call for a vote of no confidence and throw the !@#$ers out whenever. But in the American system...technically, you're stuck with who you're stuck with until you stick yourself with someone else, unless they break the law and get impeached. Accountability for job performance, though...strictly through the electoral process.

Look in the respective constitutions or whatever.  Of course, no one ever follows them anymore, anyway...but that'll tell you what their responsibilities should be.

And I personally think that the way to hold these idiots accountable is by voting them out.  I think that's part and parcel of a democratic system.  I also think one of the benefits of a parlimentary system is not having to wait for an election; you can just call for a vote of no confidence and throw the !@#$ers out whenever.  But in the American system...technically, you're stuck with who you're stuck with until you stick yourself with someone else, unless they break the law and get impeached.  Accountability for job performance, though...strictly through the electoral process.

800765[/snapback]

Its also a benefit of a PR system I'd say too, where parties are forced to work together, and the little man can have a bigger voice.

Another fine example of a well informed and knowledgeable electorate.

:)

801739[/snapback]

Yep...it's pathetic. Of course, it's even more pathetic than Ah-nold was an upgrade over the retard that was elected in the first place....

Arnold had 5 busses of press following him on the recall cmapaign. He called his bus Total Recall and wanted to title the other busses True Lies 1-5. his PR people got him to settle on Predator 1-5. :)