Back from the game...

udonkey

Ok, so we've been back for a few hours, but I'll admit, we passed out on the couch for a while upon getting back to our friend's place in the NW part of the city.

The day started at 5am - we woke up, headed to the store to get some ice and coffee, and were at the Travel Lodge to meet Aussie and Pinto Kenny at 6am. By 6:30, we were the first Bills fans in our lot - we set up home base with 3 cars, 2 grills, and a lot of beer.

It took a while before all of the folks that had been invited showed up, but straggling Bills fans walked through all morning, most of whom wanted to do a bowling ball shot with the legend. By about 9:30 or so, we has a pretty large contingent - I'd say upwards of 25-30 Bills fans (perhaps more).

Around 11, my buddy and I made our way to the stadium. All in all, I got minimal hazing on the walk over...the bit that I did get was jawing by some pretty good football fans.

Our seats were pretty solid - endzone corner with almost an identical view that I have from my Rockpile seats at the Ralph. When I order them w/ the Ticketmaster rep, I was told that we'd have an obstructed view, but it was perfect.

As we all know, the Bills were clearly beaten by a better team today, and it was dificult to sit through it, but we managed to tough it out. Very few !@#$s in our section, but the few that WERE there left with ~5 minutes left in the game. Solid turnout by Bills fans in the stadium - I would say that it was comparable to the number of Jets fans at the Bills home opener this year. Definitely enough to have been able to make some noise if the Bills could've shown up for the game.

The walk back to the parking lot after the game had potential to be ugly - pregaming + a very warm day + 3 quarters of beer sales + a damn near 40 point shut out = some very bold Bears fans being a little louder and obnoxious than necessary. Fortunately I managed to steer clear of problems, but it sounded like some others might not have fared as well. The only major sign of classless fans worth mentioning is that upon returning to the lot, the car next to us (owned by a group of Bills fans) was covered in trash from the tailgate...several Bears fans came over and apologized for their "colleagues" and cleaned it up as soon as we arrived though. Amazing that their car was the one targeted - mine, right next to it, had my "GOB1LLS" plates and Bills stickers on the car, while theirs wasn't obviously owned by a Bills fan and had Wisconsin tags.

Definitely a big thanks goes out to Aussie and Pinto Kenny for heading up the tailgate...a pleasure as always. I definitely look forward to my next game, back at the Ralph for the Patriots game.

Once I get back to Cincinnati, sometime tomorrow night, I'll post up some pictures from the weekend.

Hey Mike....must have been a tough game to sit through.......I enjoyed the Viks game in your seats(the win helped)....some realy good people in your section.....hope you enjoy the Win against the Pats...

Take Care

Gord

Hey Mike....must have been a tough game to sit through.......I enjoyed the Viks game in your seats(the win helped)....some realy good people in your section.....hope you enjoy the Win against the Pats...

Take Care

Gord

799517[/snapback]

Glad you had a good time and that they could provide you and your buddies w/ a win last week...I'm 0-2 on the season, so a win vs. the Patriots would be beautiful. Thanks again!

.I'm 0-2 on the season, so a win vs. the Patriots would be beautiful. 

Maybe you need to start staying away from the stadiums the bills play in? :D

This is as good a p;ace as any to add my 2cents on the game:

Overall this loss was not a 'how bad are the Buffalo Bills?' kind of game, more of a 'how good are the Chicago Bears?' kind of game. The Bears made it their statement game, and we just have to suck it up and move on. 2-3 is not a bad record right now.

Clements sucked. He had a flat out horrible game.

McGee clearly has had something taken away in his return game by playing corner full time. Really lacked spark and imagination. Also - the kick return unit had a really poor game. The wedge of 2 different occasions ended up with 4 guys blocking 1.

It didn't matter what happened after the 'fake punt'... We handed Chicago the momentum too early in the game. Moorman is a master field position guy, use him early, pin them deep and suck it up. The D looked good the first half, I don't know why you force them into bad situations.

We need Spikes back healthy.

Gandy was flat out abysmal. His footwork on one sack was non-existant.

The rest of the OL did OK. JP had time, but the WRs were covered.

JP - despite the 3 INTs was not as bad as he might have seemed. The playcalling was weird at times, and his execution on the INTs left a lot to be desired, but I was not at all annoyed with him. In a game where the whole team wet the bed, JP had a typical 'growing pains' game. I like what I see - the guy has talent and it's just a hairs breadth away from fully being realised.

Did we have any WRs on the field?

I love to watch Rex Grossman play - a definate future star. That Chicago D looks like ours of a few years ago. very nice. Despite the beating they gave us, I actually enjoyed watching them play.

how's that new soldier field?  it  looks like a very very different style of other new stadiums

799562[/snapback]

Well, everything that I read beforehand said that it looks like a "spaceship dropped on the old Soldier Field" and I honestly cannot think of a better description.

The inside was impressive - the walkways around the stadium were very open aired with vendors on both sides. Restrooms seemed to be pretty small, but at least you didn't have to piss in a trough.

Sounds cliche, but I truly don't think that there could've been a bad seat in the house. Individual seats were relatively comfortable and seemed to be a bit wider than other stadiums that I have been in.

I didn't hit up many of the vendors, but soda was $4.00/bottle and beer was $6.50 for a 16 oz can.

All in all, a great place for football - one of the highlights of the day was the view when leaving the stadium - nothing quite like looking out across a marina to see tailgate lots with the lake on the other side filled with sailboats.

Very cool place.

The only major sign of classless fans worth mentioning is that upon returning to the lot, the car next to us (owned by a group of Bills fans) was covered in trash from the tailgate...several Bears fans came over and apologized for their "colleagues" and cleaned it up as soon as we arrived though.  Amazing that their car was the one targeted - mine, right next to it, had my "GOB1LLS" plates and Bills stickers on the car, while theirs wasn't obviously owned by a Bills fan and had Wisconsin tags.

799466[/snapback]

Maybe because Wisconsin = Green Bay = Chicago's hated enemy team

Chicago is a great city to visit.

The weekend was wonderful. Weather couldn't have been better. The tailgating was great fun and a good turnout.

Met lots of new Bills Fans and a few old ones. I appreciated the forced marches led by Pinto Kenny because I needed the exercise.

So, great company - great memories.

The game? What game?